Khalil Mamoon Trimetal (Original)

Glottis2

TRI-METAL

Keep in mind that mine has a different color base than it is supposed to come with (replace the red with copper).

I can't post many more pictures due to the limits of this forum, so follow the link below to get more detailed pictures of the hookah.

http://picasaweb.google.com/dtwhite/KhalilMamoonTriMetal

Pros:

A very solid hookah. Good seal all over. Silicon grommet is much nicer than the hard rubber ones. Looks neat. Hose works well. Relatively easy to pull off of.

Cons:

Stem looks like it might rust sometime before long. Glass base isn't perfectly flat, so it wobbles slightly when you smoke. Stem had styrofoam jammed in it when I recieved it, and hose connection was frayed.

Comments:

I put small pads on the bottom of the ash tray so that it didn't rattle when smoking, they work extremely well. Also, I found that if you jam the small part of the hose into the hookah first, it's easier to get a tighter grip on the whole device.

Accessories:

Charcoal carrier: I can't believe that I haven't had this for so long, it's really nice. Now I dont have to scar my ash tray with hot coals, and its a more stable way to carry things. Highly recommended.
Butane lighter: Very helpful, and the price is right. Check out www.dealextreme.com .

Conclusion:

Highly recommended, if you like the looks. Don't buy it because you are expecting a brass-cored hookah, though.

• 4 months later...
ok..
First of all, dont relate my rating of this hookah to the glyph. I have learned more about hookahs, and with each review I do the numbers are more and more accurate. the rating on this hookah is going to be very strict.
I bought the red Trimetal for 94.95 from hookahcompany.com
http://hookahcompany.com/tri_metal_khalil_...n_2248_prd1.htm
QUOTE ("Hookahcompany")
This is a unique and well crafted Egyptian hookah manufactured by the renowned company, Khalil Mamoon. The stem is constructed with 3 metals. It is composed of a copper center with a brass core and a stainless steel down tube, tray, and accents. The hose is a 65 inch long leather Khalil Mamoon with wood and plastic inserts. This is a solid hookah with a wide gauge check valve and hose ports. Khalil Mamoon makes the best Egyptian hookahs on the market and they are proud of their product. They display their name on the glass, stem and tray.

The km is a very nice hookah, it smokes better then any hookah ive smoked from so far and it was worth the money. If your thinking about getting this hookah for your first hookah, I advise against it. I think someone needs to get something easier to manage, its 32" the tray isnt snap on, it just sits there, and because of the long stem, new people might have trouble cleaning.

Youll notice a slight bend in the hookah, this is not because the hookah isnt straight, its because the grommet is not tight against the vase. with some tape ill have it fixed.

Setting up: Like all hookahs, its easy.. Because of the wide vase its easy to put ice in. Its a good hookah to have in your home. But to be able to take it out anywhere and smoke it. It will be a little more difficult to do that. 7/10

Smoke: It smokes very well, its has a tight seal and doesnt leak at all. 10/10

Pull: Pull is fine, but it could be better, ill try later with my nammor hose and see if it gets better (the end of the hose is small so that probably affects the pull) 8/10

Purge: By far the best purge i have seen on ANY hookah. it purges really fast and effectivly, much much much better then my glyph. Also, when you purge it, regardless of how hard you blow, you cannot ruin your bowl, thats a nice bonus. 10/10

Clean up/mess: Its a big 2 peice hookah, nothing unscrews or anything, the vase is huge and the stem is long. because of the angle of the hose port it will be harder to clean that. The ash tray sits on top of a little platform, the platform is big enough to where it doesnt go down any farther, but if you knock the hookah i bet some ashes will fall to the floor. and also the ash tray is much lower then the bowl itself so it takes less of a knock to knock off the coals, its the price you pay when you get a hookah this big. 6/10

Build: Its well built and i dont see many problems with the hookah, the downstem is stainless steel and i can see it rusting in the future. the ashtray is too far down to use a windcover effectively. 7/10

Overall Functionality (average of the scores above) 8.2

Looks From Top to bottom

Bowl: I love this bowl, its my favorite bowl out of all of them, it fits about 20-30 grams of shisha (guestimation) 10/10

Tray: The tray is awesome aswell, its freaken huge. it has a dent in it because of shipping to the US, but imo it adds to the look and personality 10/10

Platform: I love this part aswell.. its big enough so that when ash gets on it it wont make a mess when you take the tray off. 10/10

Stem: Stem is very nice aswell. The stem is hollow until it gets to the heart (the gold at the bottom is solid) 8/10

Heart: Its a traditional heart, you can see weld marks at the hose port and purge valve. The heart is solid and it looks good. 9/10

The downstem: It was bent during shipping. it doesnt effect the pull or cleaning at all but its still bent, if i tried hard i bet i could bend it back, but im not going to. there was also a peice of metal that pulled on my scrubby pad while cleaning it, i pulled the metal off but it doesnt look very well made, in the future i might have to get a new one re welded on there in place of the one i have. besides that it goes down very far, about 1-2 inches from the bottom of the vase. 6/10

The Vase: Its HUGE, sturdy, and thick. its handmade and the painting looks great. I dont see this vase ever breaking. 10/10

Hose: They sent me a green hose. oh well, it still looks very good, its longer then the nammor or razan, but i feel that the razan has a better pull (havent put it to the test) the handle looks good, but near the mouthpeice it looks like a part was glued on there. the part that connects to the hose port is fraying a little bit but its not going to get any worse. they also sent a pink mouthpeice for me to suck on.. 7/10

Overall looks (average of the listed above) 8.75

Overall feeling about the hookah
Its a very nice hookah, i absolutely love the traditional look to it. it smokes better then a champ, purge is the best you can get. theres nothing i dont like about how the hookah looks. I love how the tray sits on the platform. I dont like how the stem is hollow, the grommet isnt thick enough (or the part of the hookah where the grommet fits on isnt big enough) but it is handmade. i dont like the green hose. but i do love this hookah. for 90 bucks i got what i wanted and more. 9/10 (this is what i feel like it should be rated)

Edited by Canon

32'' KHALIL MAMOON HOOKAH

Looks: First off, this is one beautiful hookah. Made with very high quality. The welds are excellent and the tri metal looks very classy! 10/10

Stability: This is a solid hookah, you could probably beat someone with the stem! the down tube into the vase is arrow straight and makes a nice seal! 10/10

Airtightness: no leaks nothing. solid solid solid. You have to really jam the hose into the hoseport to make a quality seal but nothing major 10/10

Draw: smooth, just like breathing. Equal with my AF 9/10

Vase: thick, no problem with adding ice. 10/10

Purge: pretty standard easy but effective 8/10

Quality: excellent compares with the AF very nice! 8/10

For $100 you cannot go wrong, this is a very nice pipe. it leaves a little to be wanted but hey, No complaints here. easy set up, very nice smoke. just a flat out solid hookah it is pretty tall so this is definitely a stay at home hookah. the base is solid and for hand crafting is really nice! the hose looks like it will come apart after a while but what can you expect for a non-washable hose. nammor coming soon?
I wouldn't reccomend this for a new hookah smoker or someone who wants a machine made look because it definitely looks like something out of the middle ages which I think is very rustic.

Total score:

9/10

It isn't perfect but its as close as you can get!

PICS

Edited by HookahDude831

• 2 years later...
[b]Khalil Mamoon Original Trimetal[/b]

[b]Total Pipe Height:[/b] 30”
[b]Stem Length:[/b] 26-1/2”
[b]Base Height:[/b] 12”
[b]Tray Diameter:[/b] 7-1/2”

[b]Stem Construction:[/b] Solid Construction
[b]Heart:[/b] Closed Chamber
[b]Grommets:[/b] Rubber, seal perfectly

[b]Pull: [/b]Amazing quality, what you expect from Khalil Mamoon
[b]Purge: [/b]Purges Great
[b]Appearance:[/b] Gorgeous
[b]Cleanability:[/b] Easy to clean
[b]Price: [/b]$75.00

[b]Purchased From:[/b] eBay.com

[b]Overall: [/b]10/10 Found this on eBay, hell of a find. It was right when people were selling these on the forum for $150 Used, because they weren’t being imported and everyone wanted one, I got this at half that new! This pipe is extremely amazing. Looks and smoke it’s hard to beat the OG Trimetal!

[img]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm126/tunes4x/Hookahs/TrimetalBase.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm126/tunes4x/Hookahs/TrimetalFull.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm126/tunes4x/Hookahs/TrimetalSetup.jpg[/img]

• 9 months later...
Khalil Mamoon OG Trimetal

[b]Total Pipe Height:[/b] 30"
[b]Stem Length:[/b] 26-1/2"
[b]Base Height:[/b] 12"
[b]Tray Diameter:[/b] 7-1/2"

[b]Stem Construction:[/b] VERY good. This thing is built like a tank.
[b]Heart:[/b] Closed Chamber.
[b]Grommets:[/b] Didn't come with gaskets when I received it. I got a black rubber one for it, size 29 I believe.

[b]Pull:[/b] Awesome. KM delivers when it comes to pull.
[b]Appearance:[/b] I think the look is classic and will never get old.
[b]Cleanability:[/b] Easy, but a bathtub will be your friend, for sure.
[b]Price:[/b] $65 Shipped for the shank.

[b]Purchased From:[/b] A fellow member on another forum, IRONMAN. Thanks dude!

[b]Overall:[/b] 10/10. I got this pipe from a fellow member who got it from Eric of Tangiers roughly two years ago, so I'm the second owner. I owned one before and stupidly sold it. Finally this one came around so I nabbed it. It's my favorite KM hookah I've ever owned. I paired it with a custom vase that has personalized decals (high-grade stickers) on it. Also the hose is a custom modified Nammor. The handle and hardware was made by delSol_si. The decals were made by JOE. Thanks guys for helping me make an awesome rig!

Pictures:

[img]http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p40/INCUBUSRATM/Hookah/IMG_0230.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p40/INCUBUSRATM/Hookah/IMG_0222.jpg[/img]

EDIT:

February of 2012, this is how she sits today, on a Syrian Trumpet base:

[IMG]http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p40/INCUBUSRATM/Hookah/IMG_0482.jpg[/IMG]