Mya Saray Gyro

Blue 2 Hose Mya Gyro Hookah

You guys have no idea how excited I was to get this pipe. It's a thing of beauty! The Gyro stands 29" tall, and the stem and hose handles are covered in Cloisonne. It's really a piece of art. The vase is very thick, diamond and flower cut glass. The vase is very thick, you will have none of the thin glass problems on some other Mya pipes.

The Gyro disassembles in to a ton of pieces, making it really easy to clean what needs to be, and keep everything else dry.

The hard case that comes with this pipe is awesome. It's huge, so you can pack the hoses and everything with it.

I ordered 4 auto-seal hose adapters, and this baby goes from a solo smoker to a party pipe in seconds.

The stem fits into the base with a ribbed rubber grommet, which makes for a perfect seal, that fits into the vase much easier than traditional bulky rubber grommets.

Pro's:
~ It's gorgeous! The cloisonne stem and hoses and the beautifully cut base are a masterpiece.
~ 29" tall makes for a cooler, smoother smoke.
~ The very thick base will dispel any worries of the vase breaking easily
~ The silicone rubber grommets make for a easy, tight seal
~ The Gyro breaks down in to a multitude of pieces, making for easy cleaning, storage, and transportation.
~ Mya hose adapters make the Gryo a great solo smoke or an awesome party pipe.
~ The 6' leather cloisonne hoses are beautiful and easy to smoke with. The handle is heavy, which feels great to hold on to.

Minor Con's:
~ The prices of the Gyro is steep, but it's undoubtedly worth it.
~The stem is a little lopsided, but not so much as to affect anything major.
~The base is also a little wobbly, but, again, it isn't so major that you'll be afraid of it falling over.

The Case:

The Contents Of The Case:

The Stem With Diffuser

The Vase Detail

The Stem Heart With 1 Hose Adapter:

The Stem Heart With 4 Hose Adapters:

Ready To Smoke:

• 2 weeks later...
Got my Mya Gyro a week ago and used it a few times.

Um...basically I have to agree with Gary and cut and pasted his review here, with a few 'non tilde' extra comments of my own...

Pro's:
The inner shaft is stainless steel which means no retention of bad tastes which is the case with brass/copper. I would not buy a hookah without this feature. Only other alternative is glass.
~ It's gorgeous! The cloisonne stem and hoses and the beautifully cut base are a masterpiece.
~ The very thick base will dispel any worries of the vase breaking easily
~ The silicone rubber grommets make for a easy, tight seal
~ The Gyro breaks down in to a multitude of pieces, making for easy cleaning, storage, and transportation.
~ Mya hose adapters make the Gryo a great solo smoke or an awesome party pipe.
~ The 6' leather cloisonne hoses are beautiful and easy to smoke with. The handle is heavy, which feels great to hold on to.
The hoses also smoke really nicely.

Minor Con's:
Yes the price is high compared to other hookahs, but you get what you pay for, and as Gary said, this is without a doubt worth every penny
Case warning-take the red plastic pieces COMPLETELY out of the lock before you set it! There was one small piece left in the middle and for some reason whatever number I set it at didn't 'take' and now, 'when I have time', I will have to go through the entire 999 combinations to find the right one to unlock the right side lock. There is no universal reset if you forget the combination. Very annoying.
The grommet on top under the bowl does not fit very well, not sure why.
My wife is making me smoke it outside as she is pregnant (well, I do agree with her but who wants to freeze their toes off mid-Winter!)

The con's are all minor. The only other hookah I've heard so many raves about are the KMs but I have no personal experience with them and don't know if they have the all important stainless inner shaft.

I've had a few other hookahs and finally realized that to get quality you have to spend a little more. It's cheaper in the long run than buying hookahs every year. Get a good one first and you'll have it forever and be happy with it.

• 6 months later...
I received my Gyro 8 days ago and I must say,it is a truly remarkable hookah.I would honestly reccomend this hookah to anyone looking for a gorgeous and medium - tall sized hookah.Might I suggest purchasing a Small or Medium Tangiers Phunnel Bowl just for this baby.

Pro's:
~ The inner shaft is stainless steel
~ The cloisonne design is aesthetically pleasing.
~ The base is thick and has a beautiful design.
~ The grommets are MUCH easier to fit and are made of silicon.
The hoses also smoke really nicely.

Con's:
~ The price is steep but WELL worth it.
~ The hose is kind of heavy,so if you drop it,it's much easier to break.
~ Purging the Gyro is EXTREMELY difficult,I sat for 3 minutes trying to clear it,I ceased after becoming light-headed.
~ The ash-tray wobbles a bit,make it rather annoying when fixing coal and such.

Sectional Scores
---------------
Look: 10/10
Purging: 4/10
Pull: 10/10
Build: 10/10

OVERALL SCORE: 8/10 Just for the simple fact that Purging is quite a up-hill struggle with this particular hookah.

• 6 months later...
I bought this hookah 2 months ago. I love it! the price really isn't an issue, one look at the hookah and you know its well worth it.

This hookah is great

• 1 month later...
It's been reviewed pretty well so I will just add my 2 cents:

It was easy for me to purge.

The stem is gorgeous and so is the vase.

Extremely sturdy and well put together.

Simply the best hookah I have ever ever smoked out of.

• 2 months later...
I have basiclly this same mya hookah.same design little differint base its a 27 inch design only differnce is the stalk is two inches shorter with a double globe instead of the single.They don't offer it anymore and i forgot the name.
add a diffuser and a nammor hose and this is a stellar hookah .Best I,ve had out of several hookahs large and small.In a dacade of smoking

• 2 months later...
I got my Gyro the other day...first hookah which means I don't have as much to say about it in detail but I really like it! I ordered it from hookah-shisha after researching (mainly on here) about hookah brands and reading some reviews. I originally wanted something with a gold stem and purple, blue & green vase but couldn't find anything...but luckily I found this one, which doesn't fit my original desires but I still really liked it. I read that Mya hookahs were pretty good quality and that they looked pretty nice, too. I decided that this suited what I was looking for best and was within a reasonable price range even though I didn't really expect to be spending almost $200 on my first hookah lol

It's really beautiful and seems really sturdy and is way heavier than I expected. Putting it together and taking it apart is fairly easy also.

As for smoking, this is my first hookah and I found it pretty easy to set up and get good sessions out of. I'm sure I'm still not getting the best that I could but I'm new to this still...but so far, I'm definitely not disappointed with this hookah at all! I love it.

Did I mention how pretty it is? haha..

Some pictures I took...if anyone is considering buying the blue version, the colors in my pictures are pretty true to life as far as how it looks in person Edited by vickstephanie

• 1 year later...
[size="3"][color="#ff0000"][b]Mya Saray Gyro[/b][/color][/size]

[b]Total Pipe Height:[/b] 25-1/2”
[b]Stem Length:[/b] 23-3/4”
[b]Base Height:[/b] 9”
[b]Tray Diameter:[/b] 6-7/8”

[b]Stem Construction:[/b] Solid Construction
[b]Heart:[/b] Open Chamber
[b]Grommets:[/b] Rubber

[b]Pull:[/b] Great
[b]Purge:[/b] Decent
[b]Appearance:[/b] Gorgeous
[b]Cleanability:[/b] Easy to clean
[b]Price:[/b] $164.95

[b]Purchased From:[/b] Hookah-Shisha.com

[b]Overall:[/b] 10/10 I know why see so many people have bought this hookah. It’s absolutely beautiful…oh yeah and it smokes perfect. The purge is okay, but I am not hung up on it. Looks and Smoke this pipe has it all. This is a great pipe to have in any collection.

[img]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm126/tunes4x/Hookahs/GyroParts.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm126/tunes4x/Hookahs/GyroCloisonne.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm126/tunes4x/Hookahs/GyroTogether.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm126/tunes4x/Hookahs/GyroSetup.jpg[/img]