Mushrat’s BRIEF reviews....

I wouldn't say Fumari is BETTER, it's more of a personal preference thing I think...The Fumari is more like a tarty, yet sweet sort of a peach...The Romman is more like sweet really ripe peach I guess...And while I generally prefer the swweeter flavors, Fumari's White Peach just rocks!!!!!!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm not sure what it really was. Got a bowls worth of something labled Romman melon.
YUK!
plus the buzz almost knocked me out of my chair! We kept at it for a few 5-10 minutes and it went from worse to bad and we threw in the towel.
On to the next one.

Romman Sweet Melon is the WORST!!! 

It used to be GREAT,  but over the past several months it's gone to HELL

It's supposed to taste like Sweet Honeydew Melon,  and it used
to,  but lately all I've been receiving from Hookah-Shisha is
rancid vinegar-flavored ma'assel.

Just a suggestion,  but if I were you guys,  I would boycott
Romman Sweet Melon. It will send a message to Hookah-Shisha to get
their A$$ into gear and tell their manufacturer to fix the problem.

I,  quite frankly,  don't know why Romman's Sweet Melon is
going rancid before the Expiration Date.  But I'll tell you one
thing for sure,  it ain't my favorite flavor anymore 

• 4 weeks later...
So I lied..not raspberry but Romman lemon.
So, was hard day at the store and decided to set up the romman lemon wyteboy was kind enough to send me a bowls worth of...
so, in brief:
I now smoke using a metal screen,wind screen, and bulk charcoal.
The Romman lemon looked like i've come to expect of romman. Aboout the same stickyness, wet but not drenched.

Nice smoke density. As good as anything else i've smoked.
Nice crisp lemon flavour. Not the lemon drop/lemon fresh pledge taste of the Naklah (with i thinks is still a nice smoke) but more of a real lemon taste. A nice change from the syrupy HH melon or af esk apple (2 excellent smokes) I've smoked most recently.
Quick buzz that mellowed rapidly into a generally warm feeling with no impairment.
No tacks...very smooth.
High satisfaction level. Smoked it for about 45 min to an hour, put it up to something else and didn't feel cheated.
May have to get some more to keep around for that occasional palate cleaning smoke.
$.02

• 2 weeks later...
AF melon at home:
Dang..gonna have to show those nice moroccan guys how to pack a hookah!
AF Melon was VERY VERY nice.
Takes a bit more heat than many of the others, so if you are dissapointed by poor smoke density on any AF flavour, add more coals.
Good sweet cantloupe taste. Nothing artificial about it, hard to say which is better, hh melon or this. Probably this because it lasted longer, but i'm going to have to smoke the hh again, think i have a small bowls worth left.
Very smooth, no tacks really. Good smoke density.  BRIGHT FRICKING RED. Even the smoke was bloody pink...no shytte.
If you like lope and can get this stuff, I highly recommend it.

• 4 weeks later...
Ok, for those of you too young to get my final remark above, red dye #5 was pulled off the market about...15 years ago atleast because it was found to cause cancer.
Anyway...
Just smoked a little AF Lemon.
Not sure which was better to be honest, the af lemon or the romman. reread my Romman review and id have to say about the same for the AF. so...
Given the price difference, I'll be sticking with the AF. Unless of course it becomes scarce, then I'll have to break down and get some Romman.
I think my personal list is finally getting settled. AF ESK apple, AF melon with some HH around for an occasional change, Romman peach, and AF lemon. Oh ya and Sara 2 apple.
Still looking for a good orange.
That should keep me set for a while. I guess it's off to buy some peach. Good thing I'm working lots of overtime this month.

• 2 weeks later...
Found a place in chapel hill that had al waha orange and melon today.
Smoked the orange. NICE!
Good thick smoke. Natural orange flavour that lasted full strength about an hour or so with 3 of us on our own hoses. Very smooth with a minimum of buzz.  I've found my orange i think.
Still using bulk charcoal and a screen with windcover.
TRY IT, YOU'LL LIKE IT!

ok, just tried the al waha melon.
Smells like lope and honeydew.
wetter than nakhla, about the same cut.
good smoke density. needed LOTS of heat.
It was sweet, fruity,i'd even smoke it agin...but i'm STILL not sure what it tasted like...

• 4 months later...
New review:
Nakhla Chocomint:
Though I was only able to smoke a little while at my local Cafe, no they don't actually carry it, the owner loves when I bring new samples by and is more than happy to set things up in his own personal hookah he keeps there for himself and friends. He's also a big Nakhla fan so he was especially intersted in trying this out...
Thanks to Yashman for the sample!
This stuff is DAMN good...um..can I still say that here?
I've never tried Nakhla mint by itself, so I can't compare it, but the mint was very strong, but the chocolate was NOT overpowered. Was like smoking an Ande's mint.
Usual smoke and such for Nakhla and the Buzz was no dissapointment either.
Only stayed to smoke about 20 minutes but it was going strong when I left. I'll put this up against many premium flavours. No Kidding...
If you see this stuff..give it a try.

Glad you liked it Mush. And if you ever get a craving for Nahkla Margeritta, give me a holler and I'll send some your way.

Al Waha after nine sounds pretty good. Hope my local mart starts
carrying it so I can give it a try. They are already getting the new
nahkla flavors in, so heres to hoping they step it up with the Al Waha
as well.:)