Can You Take Any More God?

[LB]

didn;t really read much but this vid has some crazy ass view points..

click here

don;t really believe in too much of the start of it with the religion stuff but it kind of makes sense and it does open your eyes up to other perspectives..

its 2 hours long btw Edited by ASUSEAN1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally am agnostic. I do not know what I believe and currently am trying to seek the answer. Officially, I am a Mennonite, a pacifist denomination closely related to Amish, but have accepted modern day technology and ideas (I am using a computer, anyways happy.gif ). My ex-girlfriend and now best friend is a devoted follower of Christ, and I respect her views, but sometimes I feel that I lie about my views to her just to avoid heated argument and most likely rejection from her, her family, and her church family that I have become good friends with. She is what got me thinking about my religious views, a feat that has been ongoing for a few years now.

Like I mentioned earlier, I respect other views. But when religion is forced on one person, I see an issue. The brochures on my car, the papers under my door to my residence, the random evangelicals on the street, they all annoy me to the point where I want to tear them down. However, I do not out of respect for them as humans. I am generally a peaceful person, due to my upbringing as a pacifist. I do believe in a form of karma, what goes around comes around, but I would not consider this connection to have any affiliation with God.

All of you bring up very valid points and have helped me understand others' views towards religion. My spark has been reignited, if you will.

QUOTE (newsman @ May 15 2007, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE ([LB] @ May 15 2007, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"O i don't believe in the bible or scriptures but I believe in god".

Actually, the bible makes no mention of GOD being the ONLY god. Exodus 20:2-14 states: " I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery; You shall have no other gods before me." It is implied in that statement that there are OTHER gods. That leaves a lot of room for different faiths (aside from the fact that jews, muslims and christians basically worship the same god).

As far as the ludicrousness of the existence of god goes, to me it can go either way. No one, and I mean NO ONE can explain why the universe exists in the first place. It defies logic and our ability to scientifically examine it. Given that, it is equally reasonable to argue that god exists as to argue that god doesn't exist. Either way, we all find out eventually when we enter, as Dylan Thomas put it, "that good night." John Lennon may have put it best: "Whatever gets you through the night..."

. Exodus 20:2-14 states: " I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery; You shall have no other gods before me." i dont think hes trying to say there is more than one God hes just saying not to make your hookah your God or video games, hes not implying that there are multiple Gods

It always cracks me up when people show a vast misunderstanding of their own religion, like when you say "Jesus Christ, that sucks." or "god damn it!" and some woman, usually a woman, says "Don't take the lord's name in vain!" The Bible says the lord has a name, the lord's name can be Jehovah or Yahweh. That's the lord's name not to take in vain. The word god is what we're given to call him so as not to take his name in vain.

No one (Especially Christians or Catholics) follows the Ten Commandments! Silly Goose. tongue.gif
Like the Seven Deadly Sins, if they are so Deadly why aren't I dead? dry.gif
Am i misinterpreting something? Ohh wait.. or should i not "Take the Bible literally"?
(I forgot about how my Religion teachers and Father McCugh always said that)