Social Smoke Needs Your Help!

Social Smoke would like your feedback on our items to find out what we are doing right and what we can improve.

We are giving away a Hemi Bowl and Stainless Steel Charcoal Screen to the first 50 customers that request the items through our website. By using discount code "HEMI0308" the Hemi bowl and screen will be discounted for free leaving you to only pay for the shipping. Order anything else on the site and you will receive 15% off your order. Due to limitations on our website only one discount code can be submitted per order so the 15% discount will be taken off after the order is submitted but before your credit card is charged.

The "honor system" agreement is that in receiving this free bowl and screen you will post a review of the product on the following locations:
For the Hemi Bowl -
http://www.hookahforum.com/index.php?showtopic=17246
http://www.shopping.socialsmoke.com/cgi-bi...;ref=BOWLS00011

For the Charcoal Screen -
http://www.hookahforum.com/index.php?showtopic=19066
http://www.shopping.socialsmoke.com/cgi-bi...p;ref=SCREEN002

Thank you,
Abrahim
Social Smoke, Inc Edited by Social Smoke

Just ordered. Can't wait to try out the bowl and screen. So yall are in Arlington, do you have a store front? I am in the Metroplex all the time. Might stop buy and pick some stuff up if you do!

I've always wanted a SS Hemi so I don't mind paying that shipping charge. Basically I'm getting the bowl and charcoal screen with free shipping! The charcoal screen looks high quality and is even advertised as stainless steel. So I find this a steal laugh.gif

SS, you will soon see an honest and extensive review from me once I get it.

QUOTE (Canon @ Mar 11 2008, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
was going to order but shipping is 10 bucks, i can get bowls and shipped cheaper then that.

Agreed 100% I would have been the first to order but I have a hard time paying 10 bucks when I shipped a 7 pound box to NY for 7 bucks today.

Since when is tax charged for out of state purchases? Especially free ones.

Shipping is high, not sure why it costs that much either, but with a free bowl, free screen, and 15% off other stuff... I took advantage of it with some hose plugs. Since shipping is the same for me, I wonder if it's just a standard rate no matter what?

QUOTE (Stuie @ Mar 12 2008, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shipping is high, not sure why it costs that much either, but with a free bowl, free screen, and 15% off other stuff... I took advantage of it with some hose plugs. Since shipping is the same for me, I wonder if it's just a standard rate no matter what?

Shipping for me was $8 and change. I live in Miami.

Hey guys,
Overall, our website is set up to calculate shipping costs pretty accurately. Shipping is definitely not intended to be a profit center. Please keep in mind, beside the UPS shipping cost, there are other charges that are not immediately apparent.
1. 6% fuel surcharge
2. Residential delivery Surcharge of $1.50
3. Box & Tape - .30 estimate
4. Labor to pull the order, box it, label it - .80 estimate ( conservatively estimated at $10.00/hr labor and 5 minutes to complete )

I tried estimating a 1 lb box from Dallas to Tampa Florida and I got a price quote of $7.00 from UPS including surcharge and Residential Delivery Surcharge. Adding another $1.10 for labor and supplies brought the total to $8.10. neu318 had mentioned that he was quoted something in the $8 range.

Anyways, we're just trying to get some feedback on our bowls and charcoal screen and not trying to make money on this. We'll go back and discount the ground shipping 50% for anyone that orders the bowl and screen only this includes already placed orders.

TAXES: Although we are based in TX, we are a licensed tobacco distributor in many states. Some states including California and Colorado require us to collect and report sales tax for orders from those states.

Regards,
Abrahim
Social Smoke

Will we receive an email confirming the shipping was reduced?

On another note, this offer now stands at around 5 dollars shipped for over 10 dollars of goods. I think anyone who complains now requires a psychological examination. Thanks to MN and Social Smoke for the great promotions. Edited by John Stuart Mill