Hello :)

Hello,

I've been a lurker for over a year now but have never registered or posted a message before. Two things changed recently:

1. I came back to this forum and kept reading about this Tangiers stuff which I'd never heard of before. I'm a die-hard Al-Fakher fan and am very satisfied with the quality of their product but after reading about this new stuff I felt compelled to order some. So yesterday I ordered 9 different flavours from Hookah-shisha.com and it should be with me in the UK before New Years smile.gif Anyone who's smoked AF and Tangiers care to comment?

2. A few weeks ago I ordered a Mirage Grande Duality Comfort with Cameleon Lamp and also a Mini-Sniper Flex from Meduse Pipes (www.medusepipes.com). Well, they arrived last week but I've been working in Norway - tomorrow I go home and get to unpack and try them out smile.gif I will post pics + reviews if anyones interested. FYI In the interests of full disclosure I've started commercial discussions with Meduse Pipes but they're currently at a very early stage.

I've heard a lot about Exotica quick lighting coals. Has anyone compared them to Zoghal Ghaleb coals which are the ones I've recently started using? Zoghal Ghaleb seem to have good reviews on this forum but I found no direct comparisons.

Tangiers and Al Faker are very different tobaccos. To me Al Faker isn't bad, they have some pretty solid falvors, but it doesn't have the robust flavor of Tangiers. What flavors of Tangiers did you get?

QUOTE (mdl @ Dec 17 2007, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What flavors of Tangiers did you get?

I went a little over the top and bought all the ones that had postive reviews: orange soda, kashmir peach, brambleberry, maraschino cherry, horchata, cocoa, cool strawberry, watermelon, raspberry.

I just remembered I wanted to order buckthorn too.. oh well, for next time smile.gif Edited by jaredm

QUOTE (jaredm @ Dec 17 2007, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (mdl @ Dec 17 2007, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What flavors of Tangiers did you get?

I went a little over the top and bought all the ones that had postive reviews: orange soda, kashmir peach, brambleberry, maraschino cherry, horchata, cocoa, cool strawberry, watermelon, raspberry.

I just remembered I wanted to order buckthorn too.. oh well, for next time smile.gif

Can i be your friend? cool.gif

Well, Al Faker isn't bad, I'll agree. It has always been a little dry to me though. Just my $0.02. But Tangiers is a whole different animal. Do not pack too much in the bowl. If it looks half full, you're probably about right. You're going to have to play with it to get it right. I smoked Tangiers for about 6 months before I got it right, and up until that point I thought it had potential, but I always screwed it up. Tangiers is tempermental, but if you read some posts about it here, you should be well on your way. (That was info I didn't have at the time.) Just don't give up on it because if you get it right, you will be very pleased. Also, call the Tangiers guys. I did and they were most helpful. It is definetly not a tobacco for beginners because they will not enjoy it as much at first and most likely give up on it.

My favorite is Strawberry, and I have tried Apricot and watermelon. I was not impressed with apricot, but the other two are great. I need to re-up my stash soon, so I think I'm going to branch out. I get tired of flavors really quickly, but tangiers strawberry is one of my favorites.

Good luck!

i mean....if i had that kind of money i would get either the 60cm or 65 cm ones. however....pretty expensive and shipping must be destructive on the pocket. maybe if i ever go to europe ill pick one up haha.

I think I could make one of those snipers that would look just as cool for way less..... If anything the most it would cost would be $80-$90. I have already tried to locate all the parts for a similar one while making my tables.

I don't know but I would assume that the bowl is under the top flap... maybe screw off? I saw a metal thermous at walmart a couple weeks back that I think I could turn into a hookah with a little work... also the oses they use you can get from home depot for fairly cheap.... now what I have to figure out is how to put it all together so it is as sturdy as it looks.

so i checked online. $1200.00 is a bit pricey for the smallest hookah in the line. im pretty sure if i lived closer to my cousin in arizona he could make me one that looks exactly like it (he does metal and glass arts). i mean its cool but...fuck come on the shit is wayyyyy overpriced for this.

QUOTE (AmunRa @ Dec 18 2007, 01:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do not pack too much in the bowl. If it looks half full, you're probably about right.

This is where I get confused. On some of the 'how-to' pics they showed the Tangiers packed so much that it sticks out the top of the bowl. Surely then that's packing in quite a bit? And also, how do you stop it burning if you pack it in so high that it will touch the foil? Can anyone confirm if its meant to come into contact with the foil?

The other issue I have to get around is that the Meduse pipes have a fixed bowl and screens so I won't have many options to play with the number of coals or to move them around.

QUOTE (Canon @ Dec 18 2007, 01:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how does the sniper even work? ive seen pics and everythign but i still dont know

Check out the user guides on their site to understand how it all works:
Mirage/Mirage Grande: http://www.medusepipes.com/public/pdf/user...ersal_guide.pdf
Mini Sniper: http://www.medusepipes.com/public/pdf/user...ersal_guide.pdf

meduse makes their hookahs and lights so you can sit the glass bottom in the top of the light. they also offer dyes for the water so youre not just staring at clear water in clear glass...jeesh dont you guys read the information right on websites?! oh wait...the non-reviews in the review forum might start again...nevermind.