Scalli Mod Doesn't Fit

So I bought a scalli mod and a large phunnel bowl months ago, smoked out of it, and it barely gave me any smoke so I just put it in my drawer and forgot about it. Then I saw pictures of it packed right and I realized that my scalli mod doesn't fit. The top of the mod should stick out of the phunnel so when you put foil on it it should be a little higher than the level of the phunnel. Instead my scalli mod sits right on the hole so it obstructs air flow. What should I do about it?

i did and they did not respond. when they did send the scalli mod they said that the maker did not make mods anymore so they did it themselves. i contacted them later and they didnt respond

QUOTE (Hookah_Bob3 @ May 8 2007, 02:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The mod is copper..you can bend it

MNH sells glass ones. You got to chuck the copper one because it is poisonous. Please read the following:

QUOTE (The Hookah Lounge @ June 13 2006, 10:34 AM)
Some ornamental hookahs out there have copper bowls. This is Poisonous! Do not smoke from it. That is like eating a piece of plastic fruit. It is just dumb. Copper is terrible for you and people die all the time from it. If you are smoking from a copper hookah, that airy feeling you have is not the shisha, it is from being poisoned. So stop. And tell all of your friends to stop too.

The quote was taken from: http://tinyurl.com/2elpty

- misterbeetz Edited by misterbeetz

QUOTE (misterbeetz @ May 8 2007, 06:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MNH sells glass ones. You got to chuck the copper one because it is poisonous. Please read the following:

meh, what doesn't kill you just makes you stronger right? haha

QUOTE (misterbeetz @ May 8 2007, 08:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (The Hookah Lounge @ June 13 2006, 10:34 AM)
Some ornamental hookahs out there have copper bowls. This is Poisonous! Do not smoke from it. That is like eating a piece of plastic fruit. It is just dumb. Copper is terrible for you and people die all the time from it. If you are smoking from a copper hookah, that airy feeling you have is not the shisha, it is from being poisoned. So stop. And tell all of your friends to stop too.

The quote was taken from: http://tinyurl.com/2elpty

- misterbeetz

Can we have some confirmation of this? Lots of people use the scalli (original) mod which is copper.

in the uk all internal water pipes tend to be copper... Hot & Cold...
And whilst there is a fair bit of heat - I fail to see how the copper mod could be dangerous and this is the first i have heard/read about it.

Thoughts Please.

JD

yes this is true, all plumbing is made with copper pipes. The water pipes tend to get scalding hot.. i'd say probably hotter than what a coal can produce

I'll be looking through some scientific journals on the issue once my finals end. If you google "copper hookah" or similar you will find many websites that advise against smoking from copper implements for the same reasons albeit without reference to a scientific study. As of now I'm assuming that copper has a different effect when coming into contact with the respiratory system as opposed to contact with the digestive system when used to pipe drinking water. In addition, the chemical products of the smoke may very well react differently with copper than does water.

Edit: This also reminds me that I gotta look into the effects of the use of aluminum for smoking. (foil, screens, etc.) I don't seem to see too many negative references about it like for copper though.

- msiterbeetz Edited by misterbeetz

Oddly enough, I've been smoking almost exclusively out of brass (Brass: copper and zinc) pipes for 9 years and I feel fine. Copper is poisonous, but the application doesn't seem to pose a problem (???). Water pipes, as somebody also pointed out, are frequently made with copper. Most of the coins in US circulation have some copper in, if not mostly. This is more metal paranoia, I think.

Note: the Scali mod is not made by Tangiers...I claim no responsibility here. All Tangiers bowls are made with certified non-toxic materials. If you think it is important, I understand.