Acid Cigars

DizzyGuy

http://acidcigars.com/

It was a blue line blondie... I was just blown away that it had a good taste to it... now take note that this is the second cigar that i've smoked so I don't know about the complex stuff... I'm sure I might not even be smoking it right be cause i smoked it quickly *and not all of it*, but didn't get a buzz or anything.

those are considered very low end cigars actually. but glad you enjoyed them

Yea, normally when I smoke cigars I like Joya de Nicaragua, Romeo y Juliet, or when I have money Cohiba. And to Dizzy Guy: the darker the cigar the more buzz you can expect however I wouldnt advise it for an unexperienced cigar smoker. (probably make you sick) Edited by jorgio

Drew Estate makes them... I've tried all the varieties, my favorite being the Wafe. Think the flavor of a blondie, but flat. Lol, I think theyre on the harsh side... when I smoke cigars I usually smoke Cuban Cohiba Siglo IIs, but thats cause I have easy access [Vacation house in mexico, bring em home], But I also like montecristo white labels, and [I know theyre cheapish] CAO flavours, I like the karma sutra splash and the moontrance.

Acids are not true cigars...a real cigar is the result of the expert blending of pure tobacco leaves to create flavors as diverse as spice, cream, coffee, chocolate, cherry, cedar, earth, and leather...

Drew Estate's garbage is the cigar equivalent of a bottle of Arbor Mist Berry Blend.

Not trying to dump on your experiance Dizz, just letting you know there's a whole wide world of cigar deliciousness out there, without the tampering of all the Kentucky Col.'s 11 secret herbs and spices. wink.gif

Well, i want a flavorful smoke *guess that's why I smoke hookah?* but haven't had much advice for a cigar for that "expert blending of pure tobacco" for some kinda flavor... just a "it's a complex smoke", but it takes like woodchips or something to me.

QUOTE (Krautle87 @ Feb 15 2007, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Acids are not true cigars...a real cigar is the result of the expert blending of pure tobacco leaves to create flavors as diverse as spice, cream, coffee, chocolate, cherry, cedar, earth, and leather...

Drew Estate's garbage is the cigar equivalent of a bottle of Arbor Mist Berry Blend.

Not trying to dump on your experiance Dizz, just letting you know there's a whole wide world of cigar deliciousness out there, without the tampering of all the Kentucky Col.'s 11 secret herbs and spices. wink.gif

I don't think it's fair to call Acids garbage. Sure, most cigar buffs tend to stay away from Acids (and other flavored cigars), but this here is a hookah forum. We specialize in smoking tobacco that is artificially altered to taste like a specific flavor. So Acids are just another form of flavored tobacco. Who's to say which one is better than the other? I happen to think that what Johnathan Drew is doing with the Acids is quite innovative, and maybe he uses "crap" quality tobacco in them, but it's the whole flavoring process that you taste anyways. That being said, I won't smoke Acids (unless a friend gives me one to smoke with him) but I don't think it's right to call them garbage. Swishers? Dutch Masters? Those could be called garbage. But I think Acids are pretty brilliant, and appeal to a whole different array of people than cigar smokers. So smoke what you like, and like what you smoke.
Not trying to rip, just wanted to bring up a valid point IMO.

TYLER

For those smoking ISOM Cohibas, be aware that when purchasing from Mexico/cruises/resorts/and other business oriented areas, there's about a 99% likelihood you're smoking counterfeits if you aren't buying from a LCDH like imageles.

QUOTE (DizzyGuy @ Feb 15 2007, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
now take note that this is the second cigar that i've smoked so I don't know about the complex stuff... I'm sure I might not even be smoking it right be cause i smoked it quickly *and not all of it*, but didn't get a buzz or anything.

That's normal. Acids have a low nicotine content. It takes time to develop a refined palate, a lot of the complexities of cigars will probably be either non-existent to you, or leave with you a mouthful of tar flavor.

QUOTE (jorgio @ Feb 15 2007, 01:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yea, normally when I smoke cigars I like Joya de Nicaragua, Romeo y Juliet, or when I have money Cohiba. And to Dizzy Guy: the darker the cigar the more buzz you can expect however I wouldnt advise it for an unexperienced cigar smoker. (probably make you sick)

This is generally true, but you can't base everything on the shade of the wrapper. LFD Double Ligs have relatively light wrappers, and pack some of the strongest tobacco you'll get the chance to smoke.

QUOTE (shisha fan @ Feb 15 2007, 02:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
do they make you trip out?

It's a nicotine high. People often feel lightheaded, nauseous, and you can be physically ill (like a flu).

QUOTE (imagelessdude @ Feb 15 2007, 02:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Drew Estate makes them... I've tried all the varieties, my favorite being the Wafe. Think the flavor of a blondie, but flat. Lol, I think theyre on the harsh side... when I smoke cigars I usually smoke Cuban Cohiba Siglo IIs, but thats cause I have easy access [Vacation house in mexico, bring em home], But I also like montecristo white labels, and [I know theyre cheapish] CAO flavours, I like the karma sutra splash and the moontrance.

My buddy likes the Wafes. It's odd that that's your regular lineup, seeing as Cohibas are very strong cigars, and Monte Whites are far on the opposite side of the spectrum. If you like the Cohibas and don't feel like paying ~$12/stick, try the Padilla Miami 8/11; Ernesto did a great job mimicking that spiciness. Macanudos and Monte Whites are some of my favorite lighter cigars, but I've found that after being on a heavy maduro/corojo binge for the past few weeks I wasn't able to appreciate the complexities of them =/. Edited by worr lord

Im certain my cubans are real cause I only buy from the official 'La Casa del Habanos', cuban govt' franchised shop in Cozumel, MX. Its on the habanos official site.

EDIT: Oops, I didnt see that you noticed where I buy LOL Edited by imagelessdude

I got one today, going to try it soon. The dude there actually recommended it to me for my first. It was fairly cheap, and smells damn good. Maybe im just not cut out for the high end ones XD

I really like the Acid Blondies, their one of my fall back smokes. Along with the Maker's Mark cigars a real treat IMHO smile.gif .

Plus I don't what the big deal is with RyJ. They have never really done anything for me. I have always gotten a gym sock taste when I smoked them.

But to each their own, as long as you enjoy them. That is all that matters.

I also work at a cigar shop in mid-michigan, and acid cigars are becoming very popular with people who only smoke in bars. They are considered "non-offensive" to bar owners and workers. Which lends the idea....maybe cigs shouldn't be allowed, cause the stink !!

QUOTE (Vlax @ Mar 3 2007, 03:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really like the Acid Blondies, their one of my fall back smokes. Along with the Maker's Mark cigars a real treat IMHO smile.gif .

Plus I don't what the big deal is with RyJ. They have never really done anything for me. I have always gotten a gym sock taste when I smoked them.

But to each their own, as long as you enjoy them. That is all that matters.

Seems like you're more into flavored cigars, that's probably why the RyJ's you've tried have left you with an unpleasant taste. The closest to a flavored cigar I smoke are the LFD Double Ligs; tremendous notes of coffees and chocolate, very powerful for beginning smokers though.