My Homemade Hookah

ryno

My friend wanted to start smoking hookah after smoking with me for awhile, and he decided to build one. The hose port is part of the brass stem cut off with the grommet it came with. The brass stem was bought at Lowes in the toliet section (yea i know, but it works). That piece fit perfectly inside of my old Sahara stem that I cut to use for this. Only thing we need to do is get a better rubber stopper for the stem to support it better.

Thanks guys. It smokes really good, only problem is the large amount of area for smoke in the base, and theres no purge, so thats next to make for it.

I drilled the hole for the hose with a glass cutting drill bit from Lowes. Its shaped like a spade, and takes awhile to drill through, but it worked. The hose attaches by sliding over a brass pipe that has a seal on it, so its airtight

So, I'm building my first hookah right now, and I had the problem of what to use for the rubber stopper for a bit too. however, my friend had the genius idea to use those nozzles that bartenders use to get even pouring every time, and take the rubber stopper off of that. I'm not sure what the width of your vase neck is, and i'm not sure if it would work for a handle(as most of the nozzles are built for fifths) but it's something to look into.

hope that helps!

QUOTE (prestonm25 @ Jul 27 2008, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, I'm building my first hookah right now, and I had the problem of what to use for the rubber stopper for a bit too. however, my friend had the genius idea to use those nozzles that bartenders use to get even pouring every time, and take the rubber stopper off of that. I'm not sure what the width of your vase neck is, and i'm not sure if it would work for a handle(as most of the nozzles are built for fifths) but it's something to look into.

hope that helps!

A friend and I found a good rubber stop for it now, and the stem is sturdy as can be