Shisha/Hookah Tobacco vs Other Tobacco

I advise using the search utility. >.<

For the most part its agreed that its about the same. Recently i've been thinking diffrently. In normal smoking your inhaling just that, smoke. Peices of material, ash, inhaled into your lungs. Ever notice that when your smoking some of the cigarette material goes missing, and isnt turned into ash in your ash tray XD. On the other hand, with hookahs, your not really smoking smoke, your inhaling vapors, well.... depending on how you smoke your hookah. In the normal hookah smoking, your heating the tobacco enough to cause it to more or less boil, and release the nicotine and flavour. Your also vaporising the glycerin in the tobacco, which makes the nice white smoke you see.

Then the vapor is filtered through water, and inhaled. The glycerin condenses in the hookah to make the smoke. So i was thinking, if your not inhaling lots of small particles, but vapor, then its not shoving tons of material into your lungs. Granted your still screwing your lungs, and your still going to die, its just a matter of how much sooner :D

[quote name='Sonthert'][quote name='MilqueToast']I advise using the search utility. >.<[/quote]

Mushy II! :)[/quote]

Indeed. :) Mushy and I are search-function Nazis together! No mercy.

[quote name='EvansLight']For the most part its agreed that its about the same. Recently i've been thinking diffrently. In normal smoking your inhaling just that, smoke. Peices of material, ash, inhaled into your lungs. Ever notice that when your smoking some of the cigarette material goes missing, and isnt turned into ash in your ash tray XD. On the other hand, with hookahs, your not really smoking smoke, your inhaling vapors, well.... depending on how you smoke your hookah. In the normal hookah smoking, your heating the tobacco enough to cause it to more or less boil, and release the nicotine and flavour. Your also vaporising the glycerin in the tobacco, which makes the nice white smoke you see.

Then the vapor is filtered through water, and inhaled. The glycerin condenses in the hookah to make the smoke. So i was thinking, if your not inhaling lots of small particles, but vapor, then its not shoving tons of material into your lungs. Granted your still screwing your lungs, and your still going to die, its just a matter of how much sooner :D[/quote]
I used to try to justify my hookah smoking that way, but I realized it's really nitpicking and not really giving me much piece of mind. I realized that at the end of the day, whether it's a cigarette, cigar, pipe, or hookah, smoking is smoking is smoking. I've come to grips with that.