Mya Mikro

Putting this here since we can't make threads for hookah reviews.  I'll notify Chris to move it.......

I got the Mya Mikro this afternoon, and couldn't wait to fire it up.  It came as part of the usual Hookah-Shisha package with 100 grams of tobacco, cleaning brush, cheap tongs I'll never use except as back up, and a couple rolls of quicklight coal, which will go in the "Oh my God, I'm out of coal!" stash.

First of all, it's much heavier than I expected.  I thought Mya's were supposed to be cheap ass little things, but this weighs more than Keiko and she's 7 pounds so more than that.  I don't have a scale handy, but the Keiko Kitty comparison works well enough.  The glass is thick and strong.

Secondly, it's sooooo cute!  It's advertised at 9" but I'd say closer to 12 once it's assembled.  I love, love, love the new bowl set up.  I've never been a fan of screens, but this one has holes the right size.  Not too big, not too small.  Great seals.  I didn't even have the bowl pushed down all the way into place, and still didn't have a single leak.  Comes with a standard Mya hose, which tastes like metal for the first 3-4 puffs, but after than, no problem.  

Third and finally........ This little guy smokes like a dream.  Clouds easily as big as anything I ever got off my standard Egyptian pipes.  You know, this little beauty has changed my mind about smaller pipes.  I'm actually going to buy a couple more of them over the next year or so before some idiot at Mya decides to toss the design.  It's good, it's really, really good.  Everything you see in Mush's video is positively accurate.  It's even more impressive in actual use.  Less impressive was the AlTawareg Creamy Vanilla, but it wasn't nearly as bad as some Vanilla smokes I've had.  Smooth, just not that strong a flavor.  

Anyway, I have to say thank you to Mush.  I would never have even known about his little gem without his review.  And it's everything he reported it to be, and more.  

$42.95 at Hookah-Shisha.  At that price, how can you possibly go wrong?

'Rani