Tangiers new bowl pics

Don't put tobacco over the hole. Try it with and without a hole in the foil above...some people like on,e some people like the other. A few people have problems, initially then they seem to work themselves out. A full bowl is better. Your friends are nice, Nick.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If my eyes aren't playing tricks on me, it looks like the height of the center hole is slightly lower than the bowl proper. I was originally pondering about the mechanics of the bowl if the hole were the same height as the bowl and concluded that it wouldn't be able to work very well (if you had a foil covering the entire bowl, it'd be a little problematic if the hole had no way of having access to air). But if the partition of the hole is slightly recessed from the bowl, I can see how it works. Or I could be talking out of my ass.

[quote name='Tangiers']Don't put tobacco over the hole. Try it with and without a hole in the foil above...some people like on,e some people like the other. A few people have problems, initially then they seem to work themselves out. A full bowl is better.  Your friends are nice, Nick.[/quote] thanks for the tip but im a bit confused. im packing the bowl all around except in the center where the hole is obviously, then putting a sheet of foil, poking holes all around the middle hole, and then just putting and X of holes in the center. Well for some reason i wasnt able to get much draw out of it, might have the holes, but if you have any suggestions for that let me knowalso my friends are back they brought back 10 kilo's of 'bacco ;)

[quote name='djnick'] [quote name='Tangiers'] Don't put tobacco over the hole. Try it with and without a hole in the foil above...some people like on,e some people like the other. A few people have problems, initially then they seem to work themselves out. A full bowl is better.  Your friends are nice, Nick.[/quote] thanks for the tip but im a bit confused. im packing the bowl all around except in the center where the hole is obviously, then putting a sheet of foil, poking holes all around the middle hole, and then just putting and X of holes in the center. Well for some reason i wasnt able to get much draw out of it, might have the holes, but if you have any suggestions for that let me knowalso my friends are back they brought back 10 kilo's of 'bacco ;)[/quote] [url="http://www.hookahforum.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4703"]http://www.hookahforum.com/forum/forum_pos...ts.asp?TID=4703[/url]

I'm not really sure. I had one friend that had a problem...we packed a bowl, all was well. Try adding more tobacco. Make sure nothing is obstructing the hole. Make sure your hose and shank are in proper operating order. It just takes a slightly different touch. Make sure there is enough tobacco touching the center post, too...it also conducts heat. No, Skimo, it doesn't make a functional difference. We tried different heights and found these to be the best.