Al Awe'al Natural Coals

dafunk5446

Al Awe'al Coals from Hookah Company

Finger-like coals- 4 precut squares easily broken by hand- $9.95 for a kilo or about 120 coals (I think I counted mine to be 164 coals)

Lighting: I put 2 on my walgreens hotplat, flip um after couple mins. Total time: 5 mins (quite a bit faster then the coco's I had)

Odor: a little funky, but after they are taken off stove they dont smell (could be cheap hotplate)

Taste: nothing I could tell

Duration: 45 mins to an hour

Placement: 2-3 (depending on shisha) opposite ends of a phunnel

Ash: fairly good ash, not quite as good as coco's

Overall Rating 10/10. I really like these coals, they arent as good as coco's, but very similar. I have used about a half a box now and I think these will be my permanent coals. The precut blocks are nice to work with, though you will want to be careful since it is really easy to break them into hard to use chunks. They ash a little more then coco's, but are faster to light, WAY CHEAPER!!!! The only down side is they tend to stop burning on the bottom if left on the hookah to long, so flipping is a must, and since they seem to ash a little more then coco's you need to keep up on your ashing a little more as well. Even with these minor problems these are your best bang for buck coals out there IMHO. Trust me pick up a box and see if you arent impressed with quantity/quantity, buck for buck. Even if you dont like um, you have a shit ton of back up coals around for rainy days.