Aladdin Market - Buffalo

avielth

There's a nice little hookah shop and bar in North Buffalo on hertel ave called the Aladdin Market.

They started out as a little shop that sold select middle eastern groceries and hookah supplies, but now they actually run what appears to be a pretty successful hookah bar and restaurant. I used to live near the UB South Campus and less than 10 minutes from here. I purchased most of my supplies here for several years before they actually became a hookah bar. The owner was a very nice lady who would often give us deals and discounts for coming in almost weekly. I usually buy coals and shisha, but at one point I did buy a hookah. I got a small red stargate hookah, which I must say out of the 4 i've owned so far was actually my favorite.

They mostly sell al-fakher, al-waha, layalina and havana shisha. I have seen them occasionally carry other brands. At one point they were making their own and selling it, but I dont know that they do that anymore. Maybe they use it for the hookah bar only? For coals they always seem to have the 33mm 3kings around.

I almost always stop in and pick up something if I'm actually in the area(which sadly isn't too often). It looks like they've definitely reduced their stock of hookah and shisha for sale and focused on the bar/restaurant aspect of their business, but the prices on what they do have is always reasonable. They also always have pleasant and friendly staff. Sadly I haven't seen the owner around over the last year, but again I don't go there as often as I once did. I also do the majority of my hookah purchases online now.

I've honestly only been in there once to use the hookah bar and it ended up being very cheap because I received a discount(when they first converted over). I'll have to stop in there sometime and see what the normal prices are.

The address is:

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=2]1179 Hertel Avenue Buffalo, NY 14216-2703 [/size][/font][font=arial, sans-serif][size=2]
[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=2]
[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=2]Across the street is Terrapin Station, who also sells shisha, but are generally more expensive. They offer hookah-hookah and starbuzz shisha that you don't normally find over at aladdin.They have a lot of cool stuff in there to look at, but their focus isn't so much on hookah stuff. More of a hippy store in general. [/size][/font]