List: Nicotine Content per Tobacco

QUOTE (casey @ Jan 7 2007, 01:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In a lot of threads I've seen two things.

Starbuzz having little to no buzz. Tangiers bringing the big buzz. So I'm a bit confused that Starbuzz seems to be atop the throne of nicotine content.

Yeah, Starbuzz is definitely not as high at .5% if Tangiers at .3% or so. I don't think it ever was. The owner of Starbuzz posted a message admitting they had changed the formula and were using washed tobacco several months ago and they were waiting to change the packages.

New Starbuzz cans say .05, old ones say .5. Hookah Hookah, I've heard from reports is washed, having the nicotine removed, so its posted number would be wrong. Romman would make sense if it were unwashed to some degree, but from what I remember it was pretty light, not .05, but certainly not .5 either. The packages could be wrong, they could be right, they could be lying, there is no law in the US that requires them to post these numbers, so their accuracy isn't regulated. What matters is does it have that characteristic bitter/sweet nicotine flavor, does it produce nicotine buzz (or just lack of oxygen buzz)? Reading the number on the package doesn't make it so. Lets talk about buzz factors and such...Go smoke something with nicotine in, like Al Waha, Pharoahs, Nahkla or Tangies and then compare that back flavor with the back flavor in Starbuzz, try to find the nicotine.

You're the chemist here ! tongue.gif Come up with some kind of nicotine test tongue.gif
Is there really such a big difference from 0,05% to 0,5%? Yes I know it's a 10X difference , but does it lead to a bigger addiction , or such a bigger buzz ?( not to be mistaken with the headrush of your brain starving its precious oxygen)

here is the content on cigarettes taken from EROWID.ORG my favorite website! I just took a few samples, from cigs with heavy tar, co and nicotine concentration and then the lower ones

Heavier Cigs TAR NIC CO
LUCKY STRIKE REG NF SP 26 1.6 16
OLD GOLD KING NF SP STRAIGHT 26 1.8 18

'Light' Cigs TAR NIC CO
NOW 100 F HP <.5 .1 <.05
CARLTON KING F SP ULTRA-LT 1 .1 2

for further reference here is the link

http://www.erowid.org/plants/tobacco/tobacco_nic.shtml

I truly believe that they should post the carbon monoxide content on the box of shisha considering its significantly higher because of the way its cooked

the tables got messed, so the first number following the brand of the cigarette is tar, the second number is nicotine content, the third is CO content Edited by [LB]

CO content is meaningless for sheesha, if it doesn't burn, it won't ever produce any CO. All the CO from smoking hookah comes from the heat source in question. If we were to devise a perfect heat source that produced no carbon monoxide, my best guess is there would be practically no CO produced.

• 1 year later...
From THIS thread posted by Reggaenerator

QUOTE (Reggaenerator @ Apr 5 2008, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A:
Abed Elkader: 0.7%
Abu Haitham: 0.05%
Al Ajamy: 0.05%
Al Amir: 0.05%
Al Fakher: 0.05%
Al Jawahara: 0.5%
Al Moustafa: 0.5%
Al Ouns: 0.5%