My First Smoke With My Qt

So I christened my QT the other night. I lightly packed the mya bowl with my AF Strawberry and put foil on. I lit 1 CH coal and put it on the edge of the bowl while I lit the 2nd one. I smoked with 3 other people so I would move 1st coal around the bowl each time it reached me, and periodically put the 2nd one on and off. It was good except that I seemed to have shisha at the bottom after that was unused, and a few times it hit a little harsh. We were smoking outside and I didnt have a wind cover, so I made one yesterday for my second smoke (Romman Mango) and we went to the beach. Packed it the same way and used the windcover. There was still leftover shisha at the bottom and if I had the windcover on too long the smoke would get really harsh so I would have to take it off and let it cool for a bit. Any suggestions on how I can get a better smoke? I also got headaches after each time I smoked, which I am assuming is attributed to the nicotine. Will that go away over time as I get used to it? Overall the experience was good, the strawberry tasted better then the mango, and the nammor hose was effortless.

Are you using CH nats or QL?
Get a new bowl. The standard mya bowls arent that great and I've always had the same problem with it.
With the windcover, if you do put one on, only leave say one coal one. Don't leave both.

[quote name='rhineholt' date='03 April 2010 - 01:36 PM' timestamp='1270319791' post='461697']
Get a new bowl. The standard mya bowls arent that great and I've always had the same problem with it.
With the windcover, if you do put one on, only leave say one coal one. Don't leave both.
[/quote]

CH Quicklights. I have a phunnel bowl, but I havent used it yet. As for the windcover, I usually only had 1 coal on when the cover was on. Only time both were on was when they were really small.

[quote name='rhineholt' date='03 April 2010 - 12:36 PM' timestamp='1270319791' post='461697']
[/quote]

+1

The Mya bowls are too deep and will almost always leave some fresh shisha at the bottom. As for the harshness, you just have to keep tweaking your setup until you find a pattern that works for you. Your headaches will become less noticeable the more you smoke. For now, just make sure to breathe more in between pulls.

[quote name='Ezrail' date='03 April 2010 - 04:26 PM' timestamp='1270330010' post='461718']
Can I offset the deepness of the bowl by putting less shisha in rather then packing to the top of the bowl?
[/quote]

Some people have had luck with this. I haven't. Try it. It's up to you.

[quote name='Ezrail' date='03 April 2010 - 02:26 PM' timestamp='1270330010' post='461718']
Can I offset the deepness of the bowl by putting less shisha in rather then packing to the top of the bowl?
[/quote]

I've tried that a few times, and it's never worked for me--always get subpar smoke and wind up needing more coals to heat it up (that's if memory serves correctly).

But like rhineholt said, give it a try. Can't hurt.