Gypsy Cafe - Los Angeles, Ca

dozyproductions

This place is  around Westwood on Broxton Ave so its a great place to go with the girl and get some food/drink and smoke. We went there at 6:00 pm so it wasn't neccessarily busy. I've heard this place gets kind of disastrous at 8ish and you really feel it with the food, service and $15 a person minimum charge! 

[b]Mood[/b][b]: 8/10[/b][b] - [/b]loved it. The lights were set at a semi dim setting so perfect for a date if yaddamean? Interior was simple but kind of packed with a lot of tables. There were 2 giant TV's playing soccer and some mexican channel.  There's an upstairs room just for people who want to smoke. its like a dark living room sized room with a continuous bench on all the walls. So all in all pretty decent. 

[b]Food[/b]: [b]9/10[/b] - WAS DELCIOUS. a lot of reviews said it was shit so perhaps they got some new dudes for the foods. They have a delicious and "famous" tomato soup and they had awesome chicken/beef wrap sandwiches. surprisingly big selection for such a place

[b]Service: 8/10 - [/b]the lady was awkward but great service. Kept on refilling our waters and took our plates when we were done. 

[b]
[/b]

[b]Smoke: 9/10 - [/b]They had around 24" hookahs and I don't know what brand of Tobacco. Perfect pull with a little restriction, and great smoke! Where we sat there was just the perfect ventilation so blowing rings and ships and dragons and whatnot was possible. We were recommended a grape/mint/strawberry mix and actually it was pretty decent. They let you fix the coals for your own and when asked for more coals they obliged without an hassle. 

I got to say despite the bad reviews on yelp.com? my date and I had a really just pleasant time. I guess you just got to go before the real rush and then you can enjoy some Diddy Riese afterwards! 

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='dozyproductions' date='04 February 2010 - 09:12 PM' timestamp='1265346775' post='449812']
This place is around Westwood on Broxton Ave so its a great place to go with the girl and get some food/drink and smoke. We went there at 6:00 pm so it wasn't neccessarily busy. I've heard this place gets kind of disastrous at 8ish and you really feel it with the food, service and $15 a person minimum charge!

[b]Mood[/b][b]: 8/10[/b][b] - [/b]loved it. The lights were set at a semi dim setting so perfect for a date if yaddamean? Interior was simple but kind of packed with a lot of tables. There were 2 giant TV's playing soccer and some mexican channel. There's an upstairs room just for people who want to smoke. its like a dark living room sized room with a continuous bench on all the walls. So all in all pretty decent.

[b]Food[/b]: [b]9/10[/b] - WAS DELCIOUS. a lot of reviews said it was shit so perhaps they got some new dudes for the foods. They have a delicious and "famous" tomato soup and they had awesome chicken/beef wrap sandwiches. surprisingly big selection for such a place

[b]Service: 8/10 - [/b]the lady was awkward but great service. Kept on refilling our waters and took our plates when we were done.

[b]
[/b]

[b]Smoke: 9/10 - [/b]They had around 24" hookahs and I don't know what brand of Tobacco. Perfect pull with a little restriction, and great smoke! Where we sat there was just the perfect ventilation so blowing rings and ships and dragons and whatnot was possible. We were recommended a grape/mint/strawberry mix and actually it was pretty decent. They let you fix the coals for your own and when asked for more coals they obliged without an hassle.

I got to say despite the bad reviews on yelp.com? my date and I had a really just pleasant time. I guess you just got to go before the real rush and then you can enjoy some Diddy Riese afterwards!

[/quote]

i went here a while back. diddy riese being across the street makes it's a tempting dessert treat after smoking and eating.
nice environment! :-)