Gooood Morning (Or Evening)

Mehkrisoft

Hi all, long time smoker, first time poster.

I rediscovered my love for Hookah after I've recently quit smoking cigarettes. Not sure what the tradeoff is healthwise (1 bowl a day as opposed to 1 pack a day). And I figured an online community to share my love for Hookah, some tips and resources for making the experience perfect.

My biggest idea is focusing on different mixes in the base and the tobacco bowl. The best Sheesha I ever made was a Mountain Dew Code Blue Slushee from 7/11 mixed with a little ice water, and blueberry/grape tobacco in the bowl. I could have sworn the smoke had a purple hue to it. Anyways, I'm also currently building a lounge, but I wont be shamelessly promoting it until I'm allowed to, or not much at all, since it doesn't really make a difference marketing on a forum as opposed to in person.

Regardless, I look forward to meeting you all, and reading these forums as a part of my day.

haha, I like mixing too! Taht mix you posted sounds amazing!!! Unfortunately, we don't have a 7/11 where i live. I like smoking tangiers quite a bit. I mixed Tangiers lucid BGB with some Tangiers lucid Cactus fruit and it turned out really good. I also tried putting some Arbor Mist White Zen in the vase with some Tangiers lucid Orange Soda and it was also really good! Stuie sent me some Fantasia Purple Haze with a hookah I bought from him. I smoked a bowl of it and it was really good, I think it might be a good candidate for slushy in the vase or something like that. I also saw some stuff called Tasty Puff that goes really good in shisha or the vase, but gives me a headache. Still taste good though.

Welcome to the boards, check out the rules and enjoy your stay!

Hey Mehkrisoft, welcome to HF.
That mix does sounds pretty good. There is a 7/11 pretty close by and I have never thought of putting some slushy into my base, but now may try it. I've only got grape that would go with that mix, but it could be pretty good. I've put a few ounces of red wine into the base diluted with water for el basha grape and it went very well with the grape flavor the shisha has. I've also tried tea a few times and did a little Sunkist and water with some tangiers orange soda, which was great (maybe only because of the tangiers, but still). I'll definitely be interested to see what other mixes you come up with and share with us. Good luck with the lounge as well, hope it turns out well. If it opens in/around Seattle let me know since I'm in the area, I'd love to check it out.
Enjoy the forums.

[quote name='Jeff_T' date='27 January 2010 - 12:06 AM' timestamp='1264579590' post='447946']
Hey Mehkrisoft, welcome to HF.
That mix does sounds pretty good. There is a 7/11 pretty close by and I have never thought of putting some slushy into my base, but now may try it. I've only got grape that would go with that mix, but it could be pretty good. I've put a few ounces of red wine into the base diluted with water for el basha grape and it went very well with the grape flavor the shisha has. I've also tried tea a few times and did a little Sunkist and water with some tangiers orange soda, which was great (maybe only because of the tangiers, but still). I'll definitely be interested to see what other mixes you come up with and share with us. Good luck with the lounge as well, hope it turns out well. If it opens in/around Seattle let me know since I'm in the area, I'd love to check it out.
Enjoy the forums.
[/quote]

Whenever I put soda in the base it always has a semi burning taste because of the CO2, I usually let the soda sit for a while, let it flatten out. Never tried wine in the base, but that sounds like it would be interesting.

Yeah we are working on permitting, got the location for our spot, it's in Seattle, like I said, I don't plan on shamelessly promoting it here as much, I just want to perfect the craft I've been working on for years now.

Where in Seattle are you?

[quote name='ryno' date='27 January 2010 - 02:15 AM' timestamp='1264580157' post='447949']
Kool-Aid packets in the base (minus the sugar you usually add) can add some good flavor
[/quote]

what are you talking about??? sugar is awesome!!! :)

[quote name='Mehkrisoft' date='27 January 2010 - 12:09 AM' timestamp='1264579773' post='447948']
Whenever I put soda in the base it always has a semi burning taste because of the CO2, I usually let the soda sit for a while, let it flatten out. Never tried wine in the base, but that sounds like it would be interesting.

Yeah we are working on permitting, got the location for our spot, it's in Seattle, like I said, I don't plan on shamelessly promoting it here as much, I just want to perfect the craft I've been working on for years now.

Where in Seattle are you?
[/quote]

When I used the soda I let it sit out for a bit before using so it wasn't as carbonated. That's awesome to hear that your lounge plans are moving along. Do you have an idea of when you'll be opening or a tentative date? I'm a bit south in Auburn/Federal Way for the time being, should be up in Seattle or West Seattle in a bit though.

• 2 weeks later...