nicotine content

i posted this on another thread, but i feel that more people need to know about this.
it appears that there is more nicotine in a bowl of shisha than there is in a cigarette. here is how i figure-
most tubs of shisha claim that it has .5% nicotine in it. in a 250g tub, that is 1.25 grams per tub of nicotine. reduced down, it equals to .5mg nicotine per gram. my average bowl is about 6 grams, giving the bowl a content of 3mg of nicotine.
according to the phillipmorrisUSA website, a full flavor marlboro cigarette contains only 1.2 mg of nicotine, less than half of a bowl of shisha.
however, take into consideration the frequency of cigarette smoking compared to hookah smoking. i smoke hookah about 3-4 times a week. many smokers measure their smoking in packs/day. a pack a day smoker is getting 24 mg of nicotine, as opposed to a bowl a day smoker, getting about 3 mg (6 if they smoke 2 bowls).
i hope no one else has discovered this, because it made me feel like a genius. i just noticed people saying that shisha had a negligible amount of nicotine, which i was unsure of. now i know. anyone else find this information new and informative? leave it in the tip jar...

Everywhere i have read, and what i have seen on the boxes of shisha is that the nicotine content is .05 and tar is .5. But at any rate if you are a casual smoker it doesnt do much to your system. They say that if a cigarette smoker who smokes a pack a day quits smoking after 20-30 years of smoking, after about 15 years tar content in their lungs will be as if they never smoked. so the casual smoker has nothing to fear from tar, and nicotine content is small

From what I've smoked, the shisha has 0.05 nicotine & 0.0 tar... From what I can remember which is Al-Waha & Havana. Which shisha has .5 tar? So I can stay clear from it . But that observation is interesting... I don't know maybe you typed .5 and meant to type .05... or just misread your shisha content.. Either way, I still like to think that smoking shisha is "healthier" than smoking cigarettes. Also a lot of people like smoking shisha in groups... so all the contents in that one bowl is distributed between numbers of people.

The only tobaccos I know of that have 0.05% nicotine are Havana and
Al-Amir.  I'm pretty sure that Romman and Al-Waha have 0.5%
nicotine, as does Layalina.  Of course, I don't have any of the
boxes on hand.

TYLER

here is something to thing about... 1 bowl = an hour of smoking1 cig = 2 minutespeople ussally smoke around 10-15 cigz a day.. talking about adults now.12 cigarets a day = lets say 30 mins30 mins a day.. everyday .. as u said 1.2 * 12 = 14.4 a day.people ussally smoke 3-4 bowls a week. so basicly all im trying to say is that one hour of session 3 times a week times the nicotine that nargila has comare tothree mintues times 12 cigz a day times the nicotine * everyf**kingdayequals tosmoke nargila and dont think about this sh*t

dagnabbit- my calculations were wrong! move the decimal point to the left by one space... turns out there really is less nicotine in it. lets recap-
.05%of 250 is .125
.05 mg nicotine per gram
6 grams a bowl comes to about .3 mg nicotine...
you would have to smoke 24 bowls to get the same amount of nicotine in just one full flavor marlboro cigarette... please disregard all previous gloating.

[quote name='EliteHookah.com'][quote name='DarthHookah']most tubs of shisha claim that it has .5% nicotine in it.[/quote]

Where did you find that number?  I've never seen a moassel nicotine content that high before.

[/quote]And Tangiers is .5%. Frequently the number is shown as 0.5%...which is the same as .5%.