Rendezvous Cafe

SeanBeccaccio

This isn't really so much a hookah bar as it is a sandwich shop.... that happens to have hookah upstairs.

I've gone here once and never will again.

I'll start about the good aspects. I liked the atmosphere, mainly because there was a section on the roof of the building that you could sit on and look down at all the nightlife or just regular people if you're there in the day =P. Price was kinda iffy, 14$ for one flavor, 18$ for two mixed together. You get two QL coals and each additional one is 85 cents I think, but the guy that actually does all the hookah stuff upstairs never really pays attention so you can grab some unused coals off other peoples hookahs if they happen to leave one. Another head you had to pay all over again.

Now for the bad, first off I get this cheap MYA QT Chinese knock-off, which has been colored on various times with different markers. Not the pretties hookah in the world, but it's not really a big deal. The bowl was over-packed and thus had a really hard draw. The main reason for my dissatisfaction was the fact that somehow the downstem came unscrewed in the middle of smoking and fell out. I honestly have no idea how that would even happen, like how you you just not screw it in all the way or whatever?

I wouldn't recommend this place at all, ecxept for the fact that they have really good sandwiches. Hahah.

• 11 months later...
Rendezvous has changed a lot, they started reading forum posts like the one above and have fixed everything, brand new hookahs, a very friendly staff with a deep knowledge of hookahs, lower prices, and even more comfortable seating. I am originally from Lebanon and smoked hookah every day since I was 13 so I know when i see a good hookah bar.
The guy that was mentioned above was forced to leave when the owner's son took over. He hired a brand new staff and bought all new hookahs. THE HOSES LOOK AWESOME! this is the best hookah I have had in the states.
The rendezvous hookah bar had to change their name to Smoka Hookah Lounge when the smoking ban started.

They use Black Snow 360 shisha and Deezeer charcoals. the cost per hookah is about $10. They have a hookah happy hour from 6-7pm mon-thurs buy 1 get 1 half off. they are located at 1108 South University ave. Ann Arbor 48104. here is their Facebook page [url="http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/smokahookah"]http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/smokahookah[/url]

I love to sit up there and get arabic food from Oasis and smoke my apple hookah in an apple head with mint leaves in the base, Just like I do back home.

and since the Flaming Shish in Saline closed down, This Hookah bar is the only place in ann arbor that you can smoke indoors.

Since the new management, this place changed A LOT, This is My favorite hookah bar and I would Absolutely recommend it to anyone.