Reviving Dry Shisha

scott_allan

I recently bought one 250 gram jar of Strawberry Nakhla from H-S. Upon arrival, the jar had leaked a bit and the lid was not quite air tight. H-S was nice enough to send me a second jar for free, no questions asked. The second jar arrived in the same condition. It had leaked into the shipping box and the lid was not tightly sealed to the jar. So, I now had 500 grams of Nakhla that was pretty much bone dry. I was frustrated with the product and service that I received from Hookah-Shisha, so I set out to solve the problem myself.

I came across a few posts that mentioned you could fix dry shisha with a bit of vegetable glycerin. I bought 4oz of a recommended brand from Amazon.com and tried it out today. Using one tablespoon at a time I added the vegetable glycerin to the shisha. After 3 table spoons, I mixed the batch by shaking it in the container. I thought it needed a bit more glycerin, so I added one more tablespoon and shook it up again. It seemed to do the trick. So for anyone else looking for similar results I would recommend at least 4 tablespoons for 500 grams of tobacco. I know that Nak is usually a bit dryer that some of the other shishas on the market, so I made sure it's not as moist as Tangiers or AF.

I'm letting everything sit for the night and I am going to try smoking it tomorrow. I'll let you know how it works out.

• 4 months later...
I know this is old, but i've used lots of small thinly sliced apples in the container over night. The natural sugars and juices leak out and seep into the tobacco reviving it. It worked amazing on a flavor we used before... The strongest one we've ever tried, which was cedar... Weird I know, but damn did it hit hard.

• 1 month later...
[quote name='Tre' date='22 February 2010 - 12:30 AM' timestamp='1266823837' post='452832']
I know this is old, but i've used lots of small thinly sliced apples in the container over night. The natural sugars and juices leak out and seep into the tobacco reviving it. It worked amazing on a flavor we used before... The strongest one we've ever tried, which was cedar... Weird I know, but damn did it hit hard.
[/quote]

cedar is an excellent flavor...wish i could find it again, great with a bit of wine in the base or mixed with some rose or jasmin flavors...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...