Hookah Hut

SuburbanSmoker

The hookah hut is an indoor hookah bar located in el cerrito CA. When i first got there i noticed that it was in a hardcore asian mall. Little bit shady, but im japanese so i wasnt really that phased by it. When first walking into the place, its just a normal headshop, selling knives hookahs and other various water pipes as well as cigarettes and all that jazz. Its a 15$ cover charge at the door for unlimited hookah all night. i was happy about that because it seemed like a pretty good deal. I pay the guy at the counter and proceed to head upstairs to the hookah bar when a guy yells down to me and tells me i have to be searched. apparently this is standard procedure for these guys so i got patted down and was told i had to change my shirt. I was wearing a white T...i also had to go put my hat in my car....i was wearing a sharks hat. so this impression made me a little weary. get back to the bar, shirt changed, hat off, i head up stairs to meet some people and was surprised by what i saw. This place is more of a club then a hookah bar. there was a bar serving drinks, a dance floor, a couple of different rooms all with chairs and hookahs scattered everywhere and pool tables in the middle. It was hard to talk to people in there because they were blasting rap music. I saw one private room but for the most part it was all open. The guys in charge of tending the hookahs had no clue about what they were talking about. All the hookahs they used were various tall myas which i was impressed with considering they prolly had 20 of them in the two rooms i was in. the tobacco was all sb which was soso considering they were burning the shit out of it(3 tabs of japanese w/ a windcover on a mya bowl). I had a good time, more so dancing then smoking, but it had a good amount of good looking girls and most the people in there were around my age 18-25ish. Overall id give it a 7 for a hookah bar and a 8.5 as a fun place to go on a weekend night.

• 11 months later...
That was the first place I ever smoked hookah at. Looking back though, your assessment is pretty accurate. Personally my primary impression was go with friends, not the most meet-n-greet friendly atmosphere. And yea, overall volume was a bit much for me. Otherwise a nice hangout.