Cairo Nights

Dylank0010

Well my first impression of Cairo Nights, I will admit, was not a good one. Come to find out, I was extremely mistaken. I went with our local Phi Delta Theta fraternity as a “rush” and as the local hookah guru. I was extremely skeptical as I’m sure many of you read my last SF hookah bar experience… Anyway, we got inside and almost everybody was already seated and it was a temporary madhouse. There were at least 35 people associated with the frat crowded around the four tables on the right and there were some normal customers in there as well. It was very… cozy. The owner, Khalid, turned out to be one of the nicest people I think I have ever met. He put on the Manchester United game and switched the music from traditional middle eastern to more “modern” which turned out to be some backstreet boys from about 2000. It actually worked out well, because everyone started singing and having a great time, though I think the regular customers in there thought we were the biggest group of homos they had ever seen. Anyway, the bowls were already packed but while the hookahs were warming up I grabbed a menu just to check it out. I noticed on the counter that the only brand he carried was Starbuzz, which was fine by me for $13 per person. I was a little disappointed with the selection, only about 25 flavors, but I was pleasantly surprised that someone had chosen to put pineapple in the hookah nearest me (the one SB flavor I have sampled extensively). We were puffing away while Khalid was running around like a madman making sure everyone was having the best time possible. EXCELLENT SERVICE HERE. Now comes the best part. When the group organizer started talking to Khalid about pricing, we were looking to get a group buy just because we only tied up four tables with 35 people. Scott ended up talking him into $5 per person, which he was absolutely fine with. I should note that he actually made out better this way since 4 tables with a max of 2 people per hookah per table would’ve been $104 and at $5 per person times 35 people he made $175 without having to use any extra shisha or tie up any more hookahs. He was waaay chill. Said that anytime we came back it would be the same price because we were a good group of guys and he actually had fun serving us. We tried to get him to chill with us and enjoy some dominoes that we ordered and brought in but he had other customers to attend to, otherwise I think he would’ve gone for it. Overall I give Cairo Nights a 12 out of 10. I enjoyed the atmosphere (would’ve been better with a normal sized group but this was still fun), the service was absolutely phenomenal, and the price was right. After my PotM experience, I was sooo skeptical but Cairo Nights has renewed my faith in hookah bars.

829 Geary Street
(between Hyde St & Larkin St)
San Francisco, CA 94109
(415) 931-6930