Diy Hookah Base And Hose

darkone253

So my base broke, but luckily only into two pieces, so I got some dishwasher-safe glass glue (Super Glue brand) and glued it on up. However, it says wait one week before putting it in the dishwasher, so just to be safe I am waiting to put it in an ice bucket, full of water, for 2 hours. tongue.gif

Now the good news is, my friend Dave (Zephid15) and I found a way to fashion a new base for my hard-to-cope-with, screw-on stem. We just got a Gin bottle and wrapped some electrical tape around the top to make a good, rubber seal. Works like a charm! Just pop it on there, give it a twist, and you are good to go. We also decided to go ahead and stick it in an ice bucket to get some extra cold smoke tonight, and I don't think we are ever doing it differently again. smile.gif

Lastly, I found that my hose had rusted to shit (due to some negligence on my part, bieng a noob and all when I first got it, and then forgetting it was still wet when I stuck it back in the case after the base broke) so I ripped it off, tossed it out, and grabbed some vinyl tubing that I had laying around. You might notice that its green, and thats because it had hiliter in it for UV-reactive decor in my garage. I washed it out before using it as a hose, mind you, but the green had seeped into the vinyl. It left a nice Green-to-Clear fade in the tube, and it also glows faintly in the UV light! It was the correct inner diameter to just fit around the inner tube of the tips nice and tight (read: air tight), so I just stuck it on and I was good to go. Took me longer to rip the old hose off! Personally, I like the clear tube, but I can see how it would not match traditional bases.

All in all a total revival of my hookah, and it smokes like a beast for bieng small and ghetto. Also a long-needed return to smoking hookah for me after a few weeks of downtime.

Yes, everything is air tight. No, the electrical tape doesn't get hot, I checked like every 5 minutes of smoking. I am also considering getting that liquid rubber stuff used for dipping tools to create a nicer-lookoing seal on the top of the bottle, although once the stem is on you can't even see the tape now. I trimmed it. Enjoy the pics!

The lager hose you see here acts as kind of a cover/grip to the smaller hose. Fits flush with the wood part of the tip, right onto the outer metal tube.

Looks nice! And if you need a windcover, take the tin that bottle came in and put some holes in the top, thats what I use for a windcover, works with a small phunnel too.

It’s a pretty epic hookah; it smokes really well and has almost no resistance at all. The smoke was incredibly thick and was never harsh. I will have to say it’s the best hookah I have ever smoked!

And the hose is sex but that’s a different story.