Social Smoke Charcoal Screen Review

austinthecity

Sorry if this should go under another thread; the link didn't work and I didn't see another screen thread.

I got this charcoal screen through the promotion, and I'll be honest, I did not expect much. I have heard a lot of bad things about the screen, although I've never tried one.

My first bowl went well for about 15-20 minutes, then started to burn horribly. I figured that I packed the shisha a little bit too high, and I was right. You can't let ANY shisha touch the screen; it get's a lot hotter than foil.

My second bowl with it was pretty good. I only got full smoke and flavor for about the first 20 minutes, but it smoked for about 40. I put 15-20 grams into the hemi bowl.

The best thing I liked about the screen was the fact that you don't have to rotate the coals and worry about getting ash in the holes. You can just rotate the screen easily. The problems I saw with it were that it's a lot more picky with heat management, and that it doesn't get fully airtight on the bowl. (sometime there is a millimeter or so between the bowl and the screen)

Overall I give this product a 8/10 with reynold's HD foil leading the scale. I was still pleased to try out this product.

I got this free too from the promotion. I used it on the hemi bowl and it worked fine and gave me no problems. I actually found it to be easier then foil because instead of moving the coals around I could just rotate the screen and it sort of mixed the shisha at the same time. Bowl lasted me 2 hours with starbuzz.

I have two problems though.

I cant get the burnt shisha off the bottom of the screen.

And the edges are to sharp I cut myself when I was scrubbing the bottom of the screen to get the burnt shisha off.