def. of hell

Corona

The following is supposedly an actual question given on a University ofWashington chemistry mid-term. The answer by one student was so "profound" that the professor shared it with colleagues, via the Internet, which is,of course, why we now have the pleasure of enjoying it as well.Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)?Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law (gascools when it expands and heats when it is compressed) or some variant.One student, however, wrote the following:First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul getsto Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving.As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the differentReligions that exist in the world today. Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell.With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of soulsin Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change ofthe volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for thetemperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell hasto expand proportionately as souls are added.This gives two possibilities:1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until allHell breaks loose.2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls inHell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.So which is it?If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa during my Freshman yearthat, "it will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you, and take into account the fact that I slept with her last night, then number 2 must betrue, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozenover. The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, itfollows that it is not accepting any more souls and is therefore,extinct...leaving only Heaven thereby proving the existence of a divinebeing which explains why, last night, Teresa kept shouting "Oh my God."THIS STUDENT RECEIVED THE ONLY "A"

-corona-

HEAVEN AND HELL DONT EXIST BROTHER! When you die, you end. you rot in
the ground, and thats as far as it goes. Dont live your life expecting
to have another one, live it because once your dead, its over-- or
would you rather trust some ancient scriptures that have absolutely no
scientific supporting proof, that says youll go to heaven or hell- and
then waste your life in anticipation of your death

[quote name='[lebanese_blonde']]HEAVEN AND HELL DONT EXIST BROTHER! When you die, you end. you rot in the ground, and thats as far as it goes. Dont live your life expecting to have another one, live it because once your dead, its over-- or would you rather trust some ancient scriptures that have absolutely no scientific supporting proof, that says youll go to heaven or hell- and then waste your life in anticipation of your death[/quote]
such a happy person.

[quote name='Soup'][quote name='[lebanese_blonde']]HEAVEN AND HELL DONT EXIST BROTHER! When you die, you end. you rot in the ground, and thats as far as it goes. Dont live your life expecting to have another one, live it because once your dead, its over-- or would you rather trust some ancient scriptures that have absolutely no scientific supporting proof, that says youll go to heaven or hell- and then waste your life in anticipation of your death[/quote]
such a happy person.
[/quote]
haha. you people have lost it!

• 2 months later...
haha, yeah, that's ridiculous .  nobody could ever go there and
come back.  no, certainly not.  i certainly have never been
to hell. no sir, not me.  absolutely not.  i mean, even if i
had been, i couldn't tell you, but i certainly haven't.   no way.

• 2 months later...
[quote name='[lebanese_blonde']]HEAVEN AND HELL DONT EXIST BROTHER! When you die, you end. you rot in
the ground, and thats as far as it goes. Dont live your life expecting
to have another one, live it because once your dead, its over-- or
would you rather trust some ancient scriptures that have absolutely no
scientific supporting proof, that says youll go to heaven or hell- and
then waste your life in anticipation of your death[/quote]Wow, I love you, LB. What's not happy about this philosophy? The idea that all of our time comes to an end at one point? We all have one moment in life where all of our lives are ignored and we reach a singularity of equality. Perfect, beautiful. If you fear life, then you inevitably fear death. Point well illustrated by the last contributor. What happens when you turn out the light? Where does the light go? It just dissapates, right? Why does a life have to be so different?

different idea .. but i had a professor who gave a final with just one question:"What is time?"mind you, this was the final exam and supposed to be in essay format.  a particular student answered this question with only two words and still received an A.  what is time?  "A magazine."i asked the professor what grade that student received, and he said, "Well, I had to give him an A.  I couldn't tell him that he was wrong."that still amuses me to this day ;p

I think it's odd/funny that when someone postulates that this life is the only one we get, that they are sad.
What if, perchance, he's right and this is your only life, but you use this life to continually seek out or try to attain another life? You've wasted your one chance to really do something great. Also, it seems people that continually seek another life are...I guess un-appreciative is the first word that comes to mind, but that's not quite right. Why not enjoy and love this life you have, the life you know that exists, rather than trying to seek another life that may or may not exist? 

that was a beutiful peice of work!woah, his answers flowed together so well and he thought out of the box. if i was ever to give such a great answer like that then i would be flippin proud of myself.and by the way : im a fairly reliogous muslim and so i do believe in heven and hell.. HELLS CALLS YOU l.B