Watermelon Hookah

touchstone

Yesterday I came up with an outstanding idea... why not put a hookah on a watermelon? so we did. filled the melon with its own juices, arizona watermelon, ice and a touch of palmagranet juice.

All I can say is wow. Its an experience, and you get some watermelon to boot!

Check out the pics.

QUOTE (theotherone31415 @ Apr 19 2008, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
not to put everyone else down, but this is the most amazing idea i've seen in the fun-house

and it gives me so many ideas. mainly coconut and pineapple. i will try this as soon as possible. mad props.

ive been thinkin about those... the pineapple will be tricky because of the core but thats where the power tools come in.

QUOTE (theotherone31415 @ Apr 19 2008, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
not to put everyone else down, but this is the most amazing idea i've seen in the fun-house

and it gives me so many ideas. mainly coconut and pineapple. i will try this as soon as possible. mad props.

The original hookahs were made from Coconut. Narghile" is from the Persian word "nārgil" or "coconut", from Sanskrit nārikela (नारिकेल)--as the original hookahs were made out of coconut shells. They would carve the stem/bowl and then open up the coconut... They would use the the coconut milk as the base liquid...

[attachment=1442:Coconut_hookah.jpg]

that is a sweet idea! I also think a coconut and pineapple would be sweet ideas.

wait what about like a honeydew or cantaloupe?

• 2 weeks later...
We did it. It was great. When I was hitting the pipe before the bowl was on, to test the liquid level, it was sweet and watermelon tasting, so it definately makes a flavor difference. With the shisha it was even better.
I used al fakher plum + strawberry.

Halfway through there was watermelon flesh in the hose:

Thanks for the idea touchstone.

QUOTE (Zabiela @ May 10 2008, 01:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We did it. It was great. When I was hitting the pipe before the bowl was on, to test the liquid level, it was sweet and watermelon tasting, so it definately makes a flavor difference. With the shisha it was even better.
I used al fakher plum + strawberry.

Halfway through there was watermelon flesh in the hose:

Thanks for the idea touchstone.

there must be a filter of some sort to block all big thing goin through the stem, kinda like a small mesh wire? o well i feel like tryin this now.

• 2 weeks later...
Touchstone and I put the watermelon together, we didn't encounter any problems with fruit flesh coming through the hoses. How'd that ducktape hold up for you? lol. We used gum as the sealer, it worked without a hitch.

As for the filter- I'm sure you could macguyver somethin'. Mesh wire might get clogged tho.

how did you holllow out the watermelon ??

QUOTE (Scimita_R @ May 22 2008, 12:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how did you holllow out the watermelon ??

Giant spoons. We cut a hole in the top, took the lid off, scraped most of the flesh out- filled it with water high enough so the stem could breath. (We also later converted the watermelon hookah with the addition of a side plugin downstem wink.gif )

So we surveyed our creation- and saw that it was good. Since we were feeling particularly baller, we (touchstone and I, that is to say) decided to spare no expense and go balls to the wall for Fumari watermelon. I can only speak for myself, but it was one of the more enjoyable bowls I've puffed.

If your feeling Italian mob classy- you can think ahead and have the watermelon koolaid ice-cubes ready. Hookah.gif

QUOTE (Exile @ May 21 2008, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Touchstone and I put the watermelon together, we didn't encounter any problems with fruit flesh coming through the hoses. How'd that ducktape hold up for you? lol. We used gum as the sealer, it worked without a hitch.

As for the filter- I'm sure you could macguyver somethin'. Mesh wire might get clogged tho.

I was mad because my friends began setting it up without me there (i was running late picking someone else up). Anyway, they didnt do it exactly how you guys did. They didnt make a lid, they just made one hole the size of the hookah grommet in the top, and used a long spoon to liquefy the insides. They didnt add anything, it was pure liquefied watermelon inside. They had to pour some out to get the level right with the stem. They then assembled it, and used the stupid ducktape. At this point I arrived with museum putty which i had planned to use, but there was already alot of tape on it, and when they were done I tested for leaks and it was good.

The ducktape did leave leave some annoying sticky marks on my hookah which took a while to wash off. I gave my friends some shit for doing wierd stuff to my hookah when I wasn't there...

We're definitely going to try the pineapple. Will post pics.