Is This A Male-only Pursuit? Are There Any Women Who Enjoy Hookah?

(Disclaimer- I am already married,and not on the prowl.)

I am interested. Are there any women who enjoy the Hookah? I have been scrolling through the posts, and I have not yet found any Distaff smokers yet. Is this a male-only pursuit? Do any of your wives participate? (Mine does not smoke Hookah, yet, only cigarettes).

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Disclaimer - So Am I... but that don't mean sh*t)

Lots of ladies enjoy hookah!

There are even some around the forum. But as a generality i would suggest it's something like 75/25 male/female ratio.

JD

My BF bought the first hookah - all upgrades and the other two are basicly MINE. I'm the big hookah user in my house... he didn't even want different types of shisha - just settled for the types he could find locally. Bah.... he's now more educated.

Plus I'm the Hookah master - he only sets up if I'm not there to do it - I take pride in that fact smile.gif Edited by lazria

QUOTE (hbomb @ Apr 11 2007, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A lot of my female friends love smoking hookah, but they mostly don't own their own or like setting it up. So I do it for them and they come over to my house tongue.gif

thats exactly how it is for me as well haha.

my gf hated hookah because she had a bad experience before and threw up off of it but she was drunk as well. I finally convinced her to try hookah at my house because I am opening my own lounge. Now she loves it as well. I have probably gotten 20 girls into hookah. Once they try it they are addicted, but for the most part, either go to lounges or are too lazy (not trying to be sexists, either lazy or don't know how) to set it up by themselves. Edited by cafesaden

I have no idea what you guys are talking about! Girl let the guys set up the hookahs because they will.
Not because they are lazy...or don't like doing it!

But yea...

I know lots of girls into hookah, that set them up themselves, pack bowls, and all that good stuff.

i am the sole hookah set-er upper lol

my fiance doesn't do it, he is to lazy. He makes me do it by saying..."baby.... are you going to light the hookah???""

lol........

oh well. i have 6/7 with another on the way is my friend from bahrain will ever ship the darn thing!!! grr

ps. i love hookahs....... did i mention that?

p.s.s - i am a chick...lol laugh.gif

like i said, for the most part, i know a few girls that know how to set up a hookah and actually do it. but they work at a hookah lounge as well. i didn't mean actually lazy i just didn't know the right word for it. girls just let me set it up... because im the best at it laugh.gif j/p

I wish someone would set up my Hookahs for me!!! Oh yah, no one knows how as well as I do! Just Kidding. We have about 50/50 ratio of men / women that come to my bar at night time. Our regular customers that come in during the days or on a daily basis are pretty much all men though. I have never thought about that.

I know a few girls who smoke hookah, but I know more guys, and I noticed that the guys are more into it than the girls are. At least that's how it is with my friends. I pretty much got them all into it anyway haha, so yeah I'm usually the one setting it up, though I will have some people help me in the process ie: "Hey fool, go fill the base with cold water" or "You! Pack thy shisha while I heat these coals!" haha

Though a lot of women smoke cigarettes, I have found that more women enjoy hookah than cigarettes because it is a tastier smoke and it's not as nasty as cigarettes. I have a few friends that are chicks that enjoy hookah. I have taught them how to setup my hookah, but for the most part I set it up because I am a lot quicker at it since they usually smoke at my house. As you have seen there are women on the forum, in fact as you might have noticed, one of our mods is a women (Erica). Also if you visit hookah bars, you will find a nice mix of women and men smoking and you will usually find at least 1 women working, though I am not sure if they pack the bowls, often times they bring coals around and take care of hookah needs. One cool think about hookah is that chicks dig it more than cigarettes (or so it seems), which is nice for guys if you know what I mean lol.

I smoke more than the bf so I always end up setting up the hookah, managing the heat and cleaning up. Depending on the day I'm even in charge of keeping the nicotine addicted cat out of everyone's way. Sis is the only other girl i know who hookah's, my buddy's gf goes nutty and pitches a fit if she even *thinks* my poor buddy's been smoking with us.