Shisha Leaks Help?

i recently got to new flavor of shish from to new compnanies. Al fakher pineapple and al amir after nine. for soem reasone when ever i use these 2 flavors it leaks all over the place, i neevr had this problem with nahkla tobacco. whats going on here???

what leaks, the air or the honey/flavored syrup from the shish.

Al Fakher is one of the juiciest out there and it does tend to leak, particularly down the shaft into the water which isnt really a problem but its not inviting once the water is the same colour as piss. try squeeze the shish using a perferated cloth such as chux wipes, but not too much.

if its an air leak check all your grommets and seals.

you havnt got a good seal between the bowl and shaft. you may need to replace rubber grommet.

however, even if you were to get a tight seal it will definitely run down the shaft into the water and give it an fugly colour. if it dosent reach the water it will dry up in the shaft and give off that taste which is fine until you change flavors,

try squeeze some of the syrup. i dont see why even a paper towel wouldnt work.

do check your seal. its important that it has a good seal at that point

yep its most likely ur seals. jsut make sure its tight. also this dripping can occur if u blow too hard while clearing. blow softer. or u can just buy a funnel bowl and then u dont have to worry about nasty yellow/orange water + nasty stem gunk+ juice run off in ur tray.

To get a better seal around the grommet, get some plumbers friction tape from a hardware store. cut a piece just long enough to wrap around the grommet. Gently push the ceramic bowl down, and the friction tape "grips" the glazed ceramic, forming an occlusive seal. Air will not leak in, and juice will not leak out.

QUOTE (lolper @ Apr 11 2007, 05:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah i got it on tight but when i take the bowl off liquid has dripped on the rubber part

yea tht is normal, nakhla is usually a dryer tobacco so the juices won;t drip down. It is nothing to worry about. BTW after nine is made by al waha not al amir but anyways, al fakher and al waha are a lot juicier than nakhla

QUOTE (lolper @ Apr 11 2007, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what do you guys think is a good size funnel bowl to get im looking to smoke for like 45 min to an hour at least

the small phunnel is plenty, you will get 2+ hour sessions with it