Your Opinion

Do you think the idea of openning a shisha bar is a good business idea?

customer prospective
and owner prospective

The current country for the bar to be opened in in Canada, Toronto. In an area of high middle eastern population.

The bar will also include pool tables, music, drinks, snaks, tv's and of course nargilas.

Just asking for your opinion. rolleyes.gif

I think there is currently a wave of popularity in hookah and opening now might be a good idea if you think this fashion will stay. You can be nicely installed and already have a good group of customers before competitors open up.

QUOTE (ShishaFred @ Apr 3 2007, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think there is currently a wave of popularity in hookah and opening now might be a good idea if you think this fashion will stay. You can be nicely installed and already have a good group of customers before competitors open up.

+1. hookah has been increasing in popularity and as long as laws stay in are favor it will continue this way. my friends in chicago are currently working on opening up three more hookah bar becuase the two they have going are so successful..

yeah in the next few years it will increase even more.

Asusean1.. do u have any idea if its allowed to let teenagers smoke ? under the age of 19 ? even if the onwer gets tabacco selling licence.

QUOTE (ayzen @ Apr 3 2007, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah in the next few years it will increase even more.

Asusean1.. do u have any idea if its allowed to let teenagers smoke ? under the age of 19 ? even if the onwer gets tabacco selling licence.

Well, in the majority of the US, you have to be 18 to buy/and sell tobacco products. In New Jersey, you have to be 19. If the owner is selling the tobacco to minors, he is still at fault. It all depends on state/country/province/ little village law, haha. Hopefully that helps, but dont quote me on it!

yeah I don't know the laws of canada but i assume that the hookah laws are same as the cigarette laws around there, so you probably have to be a certain age to smoke or buy hookahs, accessories, etc.

QUOTE (ayzen @ Apr 3 2007, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you think the idea of openning a shisha bar is a good business idea?

customer prospective
and owner prospective

The current country for the bar to be opened in in Canada, Toronto. In an area of high middle eastern population.

The bar will also include pool tables, music, drinks, snaks, tv's and of course nargilas.

Just asking for your opinion. rolleyes.gif

Yes i do think so,, the thing is you got to see where your location is,, its all about location
what i would suggest is , look around college compuses and see if there is any locations there, i bet the rest is going to be somewhat high ,, but worth it

Yeah I was going to say It would definately be better to open around a college campus. Around high schools will help too because the students will be thinjking about it while they wait to turn 18, so it will attracvt seniors and people who have graduated