The Cameron

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Zerodynamic @ Mar 27 2007, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (MrBubbler @ Mar 26 2007, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Zerodynamic @ Mar 24 2007, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
damn, I'm the odd one out here... yes turboed rsx's are sad.

My dream car which I'm almost ready to buy (again) 1995 Euro BMW M5. It'll blow the doors off of an evo or an sti.

i dont know what you have been smoking. you get the m5 and i will personally pay for a track day and or drag strip day against for you and i will drive a stock evo. to each his own but look at the capabilities of both cars before spouting of sentences.

and as far as reliability is concerned ive been pushing over 400whp and right around 387 foot pounds of torque on 91 piss gas for almost 4 years (55k miles)

hell to each his own both imports and muscle cars and euros can be awsome cars with the right mods and care, i had a 04 cobra for a long time and loved it. I just prefer the evo over any car for the performance it has in a straight line and on a road course. and for the money the only thing thats close to it would be the sti or a used super car of sorts(cars being stock).

Haha, dude, stock for stock the euro m5 will pwn you... Evos are nice but since they get all of their power from that boost, after 100 mph, they start to lag out. The M5 I'm talking about (which is over 10 years old mind you) will easily do 170 mph +.

As far a reliablity is concerned, you got me there, the m5 requires lots of cash to keep that motor running. A N/A 3.8 liter in-line 6 making 340hp is a def high maintainace.

As for the track, I would take the m5 anyway... this thing was designed for road courses and DTM after all.

Now, if we wanna talk 2007 M5, and 2007 Evo stock for stock... we can leave it at that. I'm not saying Evo's are bad cars, hell if I owned one I would be rockin it too! They just aren't my thing, thats all.

man screw both those cars.. jus drop 400K on a SLR lol. im sure you wont be disappointed

also the only good ford out there

ford gt 40 "TT"

its a long video but one def. worth watching if you havn't seen it

click here

the only thing it has lost to is a modded hayabusa motorcycle Edited by ASUSEAN1

QUOTE (ASUSEAN1 @ Mar 29 2007, 02:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ford gt 40 "TT"

click here

the only thing it has lost to is a hayabusa motorcycle

i put down 493 whp yesterday with 461 torque on alcohol injection(50% meth 50% water) new intake manifold and 28 psi -= )

QUOTE (Zerodynamic @ Mar 25 2007, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Allia22 @ Mar 25 2007, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dude, the first airbags were in an Olds Toronado. I forget what year, but meh.

I like Subarus, the ones we have are used as workhorses, are ancient and are pushing 260k miles, and are still going. I'll stand by those cars for sure. When I want fun, I go for GMs. (screw Ford)

I demand proof that GM made the first airbag. laugh.gif Actually, I have a Mercedes brochure that states they pioneered the airbag, but like you said, meh.

And, Liltank... yes, ///M5's are very yummy.. which is why I'm buying another one. I don't need a little 4 banger with a turbo, nor do I need a gas guzzling v8 to make big power. 3.8 liter in-line 6 for the win!

HAHA!!! Here ya go happy.gif

Airbags Introduced
In 1971, the Ford car company built an experimental airbag fleet. General Motors tested airbags on the 1973 model Chevrolet automobile that were only sold for government use. The 1973, Oldsmobile Toronado was the first car with a passenger air bag intended for sale to the public. General Motors later offered an option to the general public of driver side airbags in full-sized Oldsmobile's and Buick's in 1975 and 1976 respectively. Cadillacs were available with driver and passenger airbags options during those same years. Early airbags system had design issues resulting in fatalities caused solely by the airbags. Airbags were offered once again as an option on the 1984 Ford Tempo automobile. By 1988, Chrysler became the first company to offer air bag restraint systems as standard equipment. In 1994, TRW began production of the first gas-inflated airbag. They are now mandatory in all cars since 1998.

Here's the link: http://inventors.about.com/od/astartinvent.../a/air_bags.htm

evo and sti are fun, but for my constant city driving i have no desire to burn through clutches sitting in traffic. i drove about 20 different cars before i chose my lexus, and honestly i have to say that as far as being a great balance of sport and luxury i pretty much knew i was gonna chose a lexus after i drove them.

dont get me wrong, i used to live about 3 miles from the local dragstrip and ive put in countless hours behind the helm of some ridiculously fast cars, but i couldnt justify putting my money on a fully-optioned evo that i was gonna not fully utilize on a regular basis. i got the STI airborn at 100mph and nearly drifted the evo IX into someones yard on the test drives (i only got banned from the mitsubishi dealership though, but oh well they wouldnt let me test the MR anyway..) i loved every minute of it, but in my current position i really enjoy a car with plush leather, 6cd and nav system that also goes 0-60 in about 5 seconds.

QUOTE (ASUSEAN1 @ Mar 28 2007, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ford gt 40 "TT"

click here

the only thing it has lost to is a modded hayabusa motorcycle

ya, thats joe's car. hes a cool guy. he showed up at a photoshoot once in a smiley face shirt. we were all wondering wtf was wrong with him before this, and after, we knew he was crazy, but he was an awesome guy. and i got a ride. just for the record, i pee'd a little.

QUOTE (ASUSEAN1 @ Apr 1 2007, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
damn you actually got a ride in it? thats pretty sweet.. that car is rediculously faast

ya, there was more adrenaline there than on any roller coaster i have ever been on. the 0 - 180 pull was so crazy fast. i tried to trade him for my mach. he kinda laughed and walked away. too bad too.

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (poopooshaboo @ Apr 26 2007, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (ASUSEAN1 @ Apr 26 2007, 02:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so how much mechanical work have you spent on tht porsche?

almost none,
who cares

don't get me wrong, they are nice looking cars but the engine is a pile.. and the parts to replace it are a rediculous amount of money

.. i only say this becuase my friend had so much trouble with the same car