Cars

The Cameron

Ok kids, this is where we're gonna talk about cars, all cars, anything about cars. thats what this thread is for, just so its clear.

to start off, im sorry that i think a turboed RSX is a sad thing, but im not too big on the whole 'ricer scene'. too many people buy these little 4 cylinders that are quick and think they're the greatest thing ever invented. im not gonna lie now, they are quick, but they arent fast.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hate cars! my damn camaro is in the shop and its gonna cost me damn near 500 2 fix sad.gif. i have an 86 iroc-z with a 305 and hooker headers and flowmaster catback system. nothin special but she sure does sound pretty. tons of fun 2 drive when nothin is wrong with it. hopefully by next week it will n top shape then ima back in action...the car gets a few looks here and there. clean body for a 21 year old car. got it with 85k original miles and am also the second owner...not too shabby. but yeah im with you on ricers. they are decent, i was actually gonna get a 98 civic ex but no way in hell was i gonna rice it out; just drop it put sum decent rims tint the windows and add a system. no fuckin fart can, intake, valve covers that add 100 horses according 2 sum ricers etc. (lol).

what i really want (other than a 69 camaro ss and or the new camaro when it comes out) is a trans am ws6 with an ls1 in sunset orange...fuckin sexy ass beast! im thinkin of sellin my car and hopefully gettin a car loan 2 get one...ima clear my debt with my tax return only 2 wanna put me bak in depth lol but i do need a more reliable car. what does everybody else drive???

LOL My little bro drives an 02 Subaru Wrx STI and it is nice. He has upgraded the entire turbo/exhaust system new flywheels, clutches, ECU, new front mount intercooler, shifter, and some other little things. I think his next endevor is CO2 injection.

I drive a 06 Nissan Xterra Off Road 4x4 with a 6 speed manual smile.gif I love off roading in it. I had a car for 5 years previously and I needed something different. My next car when I start working and actually have to commute is probably going to be something 4 cylinder wise. A VW R32, Mistsubishi EVO, or a STI so I don't put too many miles on my X and spend a lot of money gas wise.

STI's are fucking rediculous. They're so fast. I drive a taurus, slow car, but at least it's got a 5 percent tint all the nway around and a tinted windhield too, plus I got a nice alpine system i installed.

I left a WRX STI, like it was standing still! But I was on my 9R-E1...
Talked to the guy and his friend after racing a bit on the highway, they were pretty cool...and yeah, it is definitely a fast car! The first car to really give me a good run, I was definitely impressed by it! Edited by sambookamax

We picked up an 07 Altima to replace wifeys MKIV Jetta TDI not long ago. I love it. New Altima > everything else in the price range. Intelligent key is the most awesome automotive invention since the wheel.

I've got a thing for old, slow, oil leaking British/Euro cars. I'm currently looking for a project. If anyone has a GT6 to drop in my lap, PM me.

Well, about the whole "ricer" comment: While I do agree that your average Civic, Integra, or the like can be riced out, I have seen a modded Civic OWN a Viper. Yeah, you can say the Civic was tuned, but even tuned, it cost about 40 large less than the Dodge. That is what the whole sport compact thing is about-kids who don't have retarded money to spend on a brand new muscle car. For the not so ricer things, such as Supras, show me a stock bottom end American car that has put 981 horsepower to the wheels, ON A STOCK BOTTOM END, and I will think much differently of them. Oh, and considering the fact that if it happened, it would be with no less than two more cylinders and probably no less than two more liters of the Sup's displacement. I just find it fascinating how much power they are capable of. That said, in the super car realm, a new Z06 would be hard to pass up for the money. I will completely agree that my 95 Jetta is very slow. However, not for long... wink.gif It will only be slow... haha... Oh, and R32's are 3.2 liter V-6's.

QUOTE (LilTank13 @ Mar 23 2007, 07:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, about the whole "ricer" comment: While I do agree that your average Civic, Integra, or the like can be riced out, I have seen a modded Civic OWN a Viper. Yeah, you can say the Civic was tuned, but even tuned, it cost about 40 large less than the Dodge. That is what the whole sport compact thing is about-kids who don't have retarded money to spend on a brand new muscle car. For the not so ricer things, such as Supras, show me a stock bottom end American car that has put 981 horsepower to the wheels, ON A STOCK BOTTOM END, and I will think much differently of them. Oh, and considering the fact that if it happened, it would be with no less than two more cylinders and probably no less than two more liters of the Sup's displacement. I just find it fascinating how much power they are capable of. That said, in the super car realm, a new Z06 would be hard to pass up for the money. I will completely agree that my 95 Jetta is very slow. However, not for long... wink.gif It will only be slow... haha... Oh, and R32's are 3.2 liter V-6's.

i've seen it too, and while the civic may have owned the viper, at the end of the day, one was still driving a civic, while the other was driving a viper.

QUOTE (hmpitags2006 @ Mar 23 2007, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (ghostofdavid @ Mar 23 2007, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yea, I drive a 1990 Buick Century.

I will never own my dream car... I'll always be poor.

I'd love the Subaru WRX STI more if it came in a wagon.

WAGONS, FTW!

They do come in wagons smile.gif

laugh.gif We (ok, my parents. MY baby's in my gallery, a '68 Olds Toronodo, I love her with all my heart wub.gif)have 3 Subaru wagons, 2 right hand drive mail cars ('91 and '95 Legacys) and a '00 Outback. They really are solid cars, and I can't imagine how much better they'd be if my dad took better care of them. I'm not into the engine compartment, I'm more into shiny pretty things hence why I'm in auto body, so I don't know about the specs aside from the fact that I know that they're all 4-bangers. We have this uncanny ability to ruin transmissions on Subarus, though, so I'm under the impression that they're kinda delicate. Our '87 Chevy truck is still ticking, if I want to step on the pedal and actually *go*, that's the beast I use. It sounds great - the muffler rusted off once, we put on cherry bombs, those rusted off, now we just leave it biggrin.gif

Ok ok, about my big leaky, stinky baby XD She's a 408 ci, 7.0 L, 300 hp ANIMAL XD She's the entire reason I went into auto body. Without any engine work she accelerates just as fast as our '00 Impala (before I totaled it, that's why we have the Outback sad.gif) except she actually hits 120. She weighs 4,800 lbs and could do that, so I'm wondering what that engine could do if it were stuck in a lighter car... and wouldn't drop right through the core support >.< I haven't gotten the opportunity to take it to a track and get some times on this stuff, sadly. It sat in our garage for 2 years since I last took it out for my senior prom, and with just some refilling of fluids we got her to my school, where it waits until I can get some fundage to get the dents out, paint her the blackest black I can find, and redo all that chrome she's got. And see if I can get some of the creepy mech students to fix some of her leaks, especially that exhaust leak, it gives you nasty headaches when you drive for over half an hour >.< Waugh, she's beautiful, I'd probably bust out crying tears of joy if I saw her all fixed up, maybe sleep in it for a few nights... wub.gif

Edit: BTW, my mom had a silver Century wagon, except it was an '86. She needed something better than a coupe to deal with the babies happy.gif It still ran well with the exception of a slipping tranny (go figure) when we sold it. I would have wanted it, but she said it would fishtail if there was the slightest hint of moisture on the road. Edited by Allia22

QUOTE (The Cameron @ Mar 23 2007, 01:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
to start off, im sorry that i think a turboed RSX is a sad thing, but im not too big on the whole 'ricer scene'. too many people buy these little 4 cylinders that are quick and think they're the greatest thing ever invented. im not gonna lie now, they are quick, but they arent fast.

And you suggest buying a........Ford blink.gif Dont get me wrong I love old school mustangs and old camaros. But I wont touch a ford/chevy/buick or any other GM car right now. Hello to shop maintenance.

Maybe when Ford figures out how to properly make car, and by that I mean what they produce. Not what Shelby does to fix everything Ford did wrong.

QUOTE (The Cameron @ Mar 23 2007, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i've seen it too, and while the civic may have owned the viper, at the end of the day, one was still driving a civic, while the other was driving a viper.

One thing to add. That civic driver drove home with a dude in the passenger seat, the Viper has a woman. wink.gif

I am actually happy that the scene has died out some. I was getting sick of seeing every damn high school kids car with a wing, unpainted kit and underglows. To me the scene has moved towards VWs now. I see a lot of Jettas and GTIs running around with rims, exhaust and anything else they have done. At least it looks better than a 91 civic painted lime green.

For the record, WRX/EVO good on the outside and motor. Interior looks like shit, sorry but I am not rally racing and neither are 9/10s of the people who drive them. Put a decent interior in them and they will sell better.

QUOTE (hmpitags2006 @ Mar 23 2007, 07:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My next car when I start working and actually have to commute is probably going to be something 4 cylinder wise. A VW R32, Mistsubishi EVO, or a STI so I don't put too many miles on my X and spend a lot of money gas wise.

Just so you know, the VW r32 is 3.2 liter 6cl. They are nice cars but I think they are way way way over priced.

You would be better off picking up a 1.8t GTI and picking up a larger turbo for it. Along with the other parts you will need. Have a friend running just over 500hp in his 1.8t.

QUOTE (Scheetz @ Mar 23 2007, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And you suggest buying a........Ford blink.gif Dont get me wrong I love old school mustangs and old camaros. But I wont touch a ford/chevy/buick or any other GM car right now. Hello to shop maintenance.

Maybe when Ford figures out how to properly make car, and by that I mean what they produce. Not what Shelby does to fix everything Ford did wrong.

Um... *cough* Ford's products include Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury (aka, the Mustang). GM is Chevy, Pontiac, Buick, GMC, and a crapload of others I can't remember right now (aka, the Camaro). To say that a Ford is a GM product is pretty damn blasphemous. Nothing against old Mustangs, it's just that in my short experience I find Ford sells a shoddier product than GM, body-wise.

QUOTE (LilTank13 @ Mar 23 2007, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Meh yeah. But any 400+ hp civic is going to have ridiculous traction problems and a short power curve that does nothing before 7k and falls on its face at 9k.

Ricers and tuners are two different animals. Ricers have unpainted body kits, park bench wings, and no horsepowaz. Your average tuner is an evolved ricer who A) has *some* taste and B)cares about how fast his car is and how it handles.

Most honda owners are on their own anymore. If somebody buys an EG hatch and drops several k into it thinking they'll have a fast car... they might be right. If they do it right, that is. But they still lose. $1k for the hatch, $2k for the swap, $2k for a turbo, $1k for misc comes to $6k. Yay. Would have been smarter to grab a fox body and do i/h/e and come out with similar numbers without the craptastic fwd. And they'd have $3k to spare.

Point is, if someone seriously mods a honda (sans S2K) in hopes of having a sports car, they're kidding themselves and have too much money. They're going for the trendy and coolness factor more than anything. Save your honda for a daily driver and buy a project. Turbo honda for $6k, or 350 swapped 240z for $4k. WinnAr.

Supras make mad horsepower, but the buy-in price still isn't worth it. Demand has been too high since the fast and the furious. Most supra owners just use them as dyno queens anyway. Edited by james

I will agree that you can buy a fox body 'stang, do the basics, and have a pretty quick car... but it's a fox mustang. Hold on now, a civic is still a civic when modded also. I also prefer rwd, but don't have time or money for a project right now. 240's are sweet, but the whole JDM thing is kinda not my stylez. VW's are not the "new" tuner scene. People have been Dubbin since the 70's or earlier. I disagree with the 2k rpm powerband in a tuned Civic. Any properly tuned car can have a powerband longer than 2k. I do agree with the 1.8t comment tho!!! Supras are, imho, some of the most ridiculous cars out there. And I knew about them before 2 retarded 2 be serious. Actually, the dyno queen comment is funny... There is a guy within like 20 miles that has a 700 sumthing whp supra that drives the shit out of it... Mad props...

QUOTE (The Cameron @ Mar 23 2007, 06:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok kids, this is where we're gonna talk about cars, all cars, anything about cars. thats what this thread is for, just so its clear.

what isnt quick or fast about a import car? i can trap a 1.64 60 foot and run the quarter in 11.47 with pump gas and no slicks and a top end of 178 regulated by gearing(evo VIII). sad thing is my car is not even a straight line car, its a car build for road courses. so to put it simple ignorance is bliss i guess, im tired of all the domestic people lumping imports and ricers together, yes my car is a 4 banger but to each his own, just understand real cars aren't always American. Edited by MrBubbler

QUOTE (hmpitags2006 @ Mar 23 2007, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (ghostofdavid @ Mar 23 2007, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yea, I drive a 1990 Buick Century.

I will never own my dream car... I'll always be poor.

I'd love the Subaru WRX STI more if it came in a wagon.

WAGONS, FTW!

They do come in wagons smile.gif

Nah dude, they only come in Sedans in the United States. The WRX, a slower model, comes in the option of being a wagon but not the STI.

Guest Abide
I'm running a cute little four banger here. ricer? maybe. It is stock though. 240 hp out of a naturally aspirated 2.2l is no slouch though. Last time i hit the strip i ran a 14 flat at 102. Sidestepping the clutch at 6000RPM is always a nice rush, but then its no drag car either. But at the end of the day, I guess I'm just driving a rear wheel drive Honda and cooling off from the sunburn from having the top down.

I love my s2k and wouldn't drive anything else at the moment. Maybe if some rich fella or lady bought me a z06(unlikely), but to tell you the truth i think I'd rather just have my car reliably boosted. Maybe in a year or so if i don't grab something more practical.

QUOTE (Allia22 @ Mar 23 2007, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Um... *cough* Ford's products include Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury (aka, the Mustang). GM is Chevy, Pontiac, Buick, GMC, and a crapload of others I can't remember right now (aka, the Camaro). To say that a Ford is a GM product is pretty damn blasphemous. Nothing against old Mustangs, it's just that in my short experience I find Ford sells a shoddier product than GM, body-wise.

tongue.gif I know what they include. I would not touch any car made by them past the 70s. Like I said I would only buy an old school stang or camaro. Fords products, including Jaguar and GM build complete shit. They own Jaguar and since that purchase the companies quality went down the drain.

QUOTE (james @ Mar 23 2007, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Most honda owners are on their own anymore. If somebody buys an EG hatch and drops several k into it thinking they'll have a fast car... they might be right. If they do it right, that is. But they still lose. $1k for the hatch, $2k for the swap, $2k for a turbo, $1k for misc comes to $6k. Yay. Would have been smarter to grab a fox body and do i/h/e and come out with similar numbers without the craptastic fwd. And they'd have $3k to spare.

You forget a key point. When you buy a car for $1k you only have to pay $1k at the time. That following $5k comes down the road as the money is gained. Not many people can say HEY, in 3 years Ill have $6k maybe Ill just wait 3 years and buy a better car. You buy what you can at the time. Hence a $1k car. Yes there are people who have $6k and buy the $1k car so they can buy the mods. I would do this any day over any new/semi old american muscle.

QUOTE (The Cameron @ Mar 23 2007, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
too true. i saw one that laid down rubber on the dyno. thats fucking nuts.

Yeah, but they still only run 10 second quarter miles. tongue.gif

QUOTE (LilTank13 @ Mar 23 2007, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
VW's are not the "new" tuner scene. People have been Dubbin since the 70's or earlier.

I am aware of how long the Euro scene has been around. My point was it has shifted farther towards the Euro scene now. More and more people are realizing what they can do with them, so they are telling mommy and daddy to buy them a Jetta instead of a civic for the same cost. Besides, most cars look better than a civic anyway. I can't blame them.

Well.. I'm surprised that nobody has bought up the SRT line by dodge.

I personally like it.

I had (by me, i mean fiance) had a SRT-4 that produced 430 hp when they dyno 'ed it. He sold it to another guy that lives in alabama and to fill his speed craving bought his Yamaha R6 (Crotch Rocket)

he now has a 2007 mazada 6

and i used to own a 2004 scion xb (awesome cars Slow and drove like a flying brick when you were on the highway)
and i traded that in on a Mini Cooper S. (still slow but faster than the xB which doesnt' say much as the xB has i think 110 )hp?)

And for Me i have Yamaha r6-s smile.gif woot woot! Edited by kornkitten42