Your Opinion Please..

Hi there..

I have been going to hookah bars for quite a while and now I have the finances to buy one of my own! But I have a few questions-and any help would be greatly appreciated. Basically, I live in Atlanta, GA-so my first question is, do any of you know any stores in this area where I could physically go in and buy one (as opposed to ordering online)? Second, since I live in GA-the only real places I have found that sell hookahs are "Adult Novelty" stores-I don't really care about that-I just want to know if any of yo uhave any experience with buying from those stores-in terms of-what's their quality like compared to others on the market?

Also, those hookahs (from hookah kings) that have bases that are painted-does the paint chip off easily? And, approximately, how much (in grams) tobacco do you use for each session (without refilling)? I know this must sound odd-but I'm trying to get a very rough calculation of how many times through I can get for each 50 gram or 100 gram package I buy.

Okay, I think that's it for now..I appreciate your time and help!! ANd any other random info you want to throw out at me that might help me out would be great!!

Have a wonderful day!!

Take care..

"since I live in GA-the only real places I have found that sell hookahs are "Adult Novelty" stores-I don't really care about that-I just want to know if any of yo uhave any experience with buying from those stores-in terms of-what's their quality like compared to others on the market?"

Usually hookahs in thoes kinda stores are kinda over priced. Atleast where I live they are.

"Also, those hookahs (from hookah kings) that have bases that are painted-does the paint chip off easily?"

Keep in mind most bases are hand made in egypt and other parts of the world so its very likely they will blemish over time.

And, approximately, how much (in grams) tobacco do you use for each session (without refilling)? I know this must sound odd-but I'm trying to get a very rough calculation of how many times through I can get for each 50 gram or 100 gram package I buy.

I usually use half of a 50gram box in my phunnel bowl. If your not using a phunnel ( depending on size ) usually you can fill up a regular bowl about 3 times. Your better off buying a 250g box of what you like and kinda use the 50g boxes for sampling and such.

And ALWAYS ALWAYS enjoy your hookah smile.gif.

http://www.hookah-bars.com/GA.htm

theres a listing of hookah bars in georgia. You shouldn't have to buy a hookah from an adult novelty store or a hookah bar either(there usually expensive), In colorado Springs theres a few stores where you can get them like "Freaky's". Im sure there is somewhere in Atlanta, its a lot bigger than CO springs its gotta have one.

just order from hookahhookah theyre based in statesboro and itll get there quickly. i live in newnan (45 min south of atlanta) and i order from there since i went to ga southern. i wouldnt get the ones at novelty stores bc theyre usually shitty.

u were wondering if the paint chipped of easily from the painted vases at hookah-kings and i'm telling u know it doesnt, i bought a large green hand painted vase from them and the paint still looks the same as it did when i bougth it.

u can see my vase in this video here its the longer video, sry i couldnt post directly to video but my internet is slow or something cause its not loading the page

hope this helps
Edited by JonJonello

Headshops are always $$
Find a middle eastern market there...which i am sure you will....and try from there...other than that...there are many online retailers that sell really nice and quality hookahs.

-Mahir

Thank you all for your input! I've been trying to log on for days to thank you but fo rsome reason it just wouldn't let me. Well, I broke down and bought one..it's nothing fancy, but from what I'm told it's pretty decent quality. Now my question is-which brand of shisha is the best quality for the best price (in your opinion)? Again, I'm looking for a local retailer to buy it-I got a hold of some hookah hookah brand stuff but it isn't that great. And this might sound like a dumb question, but how do you make sure the tobacco doesn't fall through the holes at the bottom of the bowl? And how do you clean it out-cause it looked kind of gross when we were done with it. Sorry for all of the questions-like I said-I've smoked for a while, but I'm very new at putting it all together myself!

THanks for all your help-you guys are so nice!

QUOTE (Qwerty22 @ Mar 23 2007, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry-one more thing--if I am to smoke this indoors, will it make my whole place stink (like cig. smoke does)? I've never smoked anywhere but in a hookah bar! Thanks!!

nope, it actually doesnt. i only smoke inside and you would never know. except, of course, when i am smoking.