Not New The Forum But New Nick

txbrit32

This is TxBrit31 - I left the UK and am now in Texas for a bit. However, since the switch over my account doesn't seem to function anymore so here I am.

Workwise- I work in the religious field and I'm an upperlevel educator

Playwise- I'm 32 and play rugby, cricket, row and, of course use my hookah.

I still say a laserpod is the best hookah accessory one can buy smile.gif

TxBrit31 now TxBrit32. (Admins if I can get my old account back, I'd like to, tnx)

Work field and religion, eh? What do you do, teach religion at university level? I just graduated with an undergrad and finished Seminary type stuff. I am not a "clergymen" though. Either way, welcome to the forum and I'll see what I can do to resurrect your old account. wink.gif

QUOTE (ghostofdavid @ Feb 26 2007, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Work field and religion, eh? What do you do, teach religion at university level? I just graduated with an undergrad and finished Seminary type stuff. I am not a "clergymen" though. Either way, welcome to the forum and I'll see what I can do to resurrect your old account. wink.gif

I have my MDiv and working on my PhD in the UK smile.gif I'm an ordained Anglican priest that will teach at the seminary level. I do some teaching currently, but am still working on my PhD smile.gif

Is there any possible way you can get someone to log in from the same ip address you were at at the UK, then log your account out? I know this shouldn't matter, but I've had some issues with my account in the past and it seems like I have less problems when I log myself out before I try and log myself in from a different computer.

It's worth a shot if you have someone back home who can help you out. Other than that I have no clue.

um I could attempt it in May. I'll be going back (they, for some reason expect me to bring work back or something..) but I don't know who has my room currently. I'd be happy to try though..

Congrats, by the way, your moderatorship!

QUOTE (angemonkwj @ Mar 5 2007, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (txbrit32 @ Feb 26 2007, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I still say a laserpod is the best hookah accessory one can buy smile.gif

what is a laserpod?

Ooh even the old messages didn't make it across. How sad. www.laserpod.com

When I smoke my hookah I kind of have a little den area. No lights- the laserpod is going, some light ambientish music, white or green tea and just sit back. The smoke plays in the laserbeams of the laserpod and is really really cool smile.gif

QUOTE (txbrit32 @ Mar 4 2007, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (ghostofdavid @ Feb 26 2007, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have my MDiv and working on my PhD in the UK smile.gif I'm an ordained Anglican priest that will teach at the seminary level. I do some teaching currently, but am still working on my PhD smile.gif

Yes. I only have the bastardized version of the Biblical Studies degree... in Science and not in Arts... which means I was not man enough (read: smart) to take the dead languages focus on Greek or Hebrew. Instead, I took the introductory courses on each and barely passed those. I can trudge through them with concordances and word study manuals. Do you ever go to the Society for Biblical Literature conferences?

[/quote]

Yes. I only have the bastardized version of the Biblical Studies degree... in Science and not in Arts... which means I was not man enough (read: smart) to take the dead languages focus on Greek or Hebrew. Instead, I took the introductory courses on each and barely passed those. I can trudge through them with concordances and word study manuals. Do you ever go to the Society for Biblical Literature conferences?
[/quote]

No. I'm one of the rare breeds known as a ritualist. Most of my emphasis is in the liturgy and ritual of the church. My degree is centered in the medieval church, but goes upto modern day. I'm not much of a Biblical language person. About the only language that is remotely Biblical that I'm nearly fluent in is Latin. But since most of the texts I read are in Latin it makes sense smile.gif