Meduse Pipe Hookah

[quote name='Sonthert' date='08 February 2010 - 11:01 AM' timestamp='1265641299' post='450384']
Hand blown Czech glass, too. Almost forgot.
[/quote]

Hand blown glass is a very expensive deal that most people don't realize. Most normal hookah bases are soft glass churned out by the thousands at pennies apiece. Any European hand made art glass carries a hefty price tag. I don't know if the price is justified but I can see why you can't make a direct comparison to most mass produced hookah pipes. I haven't had a chance to smoke one but I think it would be a good smoke.......

Czech glass is apparently pretty good too. My glass teacher says they traditionally blow pretty thick glass but I don't know if thats the case anymore. Either way they definitely have a good history of glass for sure.

shit.. why not spend a grand on a glass hookah. would homeowners insurance cover that if it broke?

if i bought one, and it wasnt broke by the time i got it, it'd be a matter of minutes before it was shattered once opened.

Funny this should come up. I was just looking at these this weekend.

I'm actually more interested in their portable line (the Viper) designed for a time when everybody wears utility belts Batman style. I'm sure that's a hot look in Europe right now but it'll take the States a few more years to catch on. Seriously, though! It's like the world's top engineers gathered around a Leila and said, "Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic hookah. The Sniper will be that hookah. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster. The Six Million Dollar Hookah!"

I'd love to get one of these. The thing is, it would make the rest of my house look like shit. Seems to me you have own at least three exotic cars and wear white pants with pointy shoes to even be allowed into the showroom. I think if I rolled up in my Civic rockin' the Gap jeans, they'd flip their open sign on me.

Oh well. They're still hella cool to look at. :)

[quote name='Sonthert' date='08 February 2010 - 06:51 AM' timestamp='1265633485' post='450328']
I believe the Listed retail on the cheapest one, the Noble, is $1800.[/quote]

It actually looks like you can own a Meduse hookah for just under $800 at the current exchange rate. The Sepia line seems to be the only one priced on their website. You can pick up a single-hose, or "Mono", "Elementa" series for a mere 590 euros - 676 if you want it to light up.

cost to light up is ridiculous. To keep the clean look, you'd need it to e battery powered; corded hookahs are lame. You can go to radio shack, get all the electronics you need, then just make a base.

I like the hookahs, and if I had a mattress stuffed with money I might think about it; but it better come with some kind of warranty. A 1500 dollar hookah can shatter just as effectively as a 20 dollar one. If they have some kind of support program, they would pique my interest more, since I'm about to get a job makin' that bank. Like arcane said, too, only certain bowls, etc. can be used. Also keep in mind that since it has no tray, you WILL get ash everywhere. As soon as FUMO builds a bigger pod-style with up to 4-hose support and other stand choices, along with the possibility to choose a Pyrex tray, they're going to have my money.

correct you would have to mod it use any other type of bowl. it was specifically designed with a head that mounts an internal drop screen.
personally it would be nice as a special occasion smoker.

that would never come out of the cupboard unless everyone was COMPLETELY sober. if someone kicked it over, or pulled it over, my vengeance would be swift and uncompromising.

• 2 weeks later...
I love almost all Meduse pipes, but my favourite is probably the Meduse Brute (Not sure if the one in the picture is a Brute Grande (85cm tall) or the regular Brute (65cm tall)).

[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/34pkpio.jpg[/img]

I found out about the Sepia series yesterday though. They are a hell of a lot cheaper than the rest of the pipes (apart from the portable ones I'm guessing.).

[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/2s1kkgi.jpg[/img]

the brute is a beautiful pipe. I wish i could afford something like that...maybe one day, in the distant future.

What do you guys think of the Coralica? I'm thinking of getting a Coralica Light Mono. So that's with LED light and one pipe. Or the cascada. They are the ones in the picture I posted above. Both pretty badass imo. If i get them I'll probably take a cheap flight to Czech Republic where they are made though. Would be quite the experience I think!

[quote name='agunn1231' date='12 May 2010 - 04:56 AM' timestamp='1273636598' post='467692']
go for it man. let us know if it smokes well. and welcome to the forum.
[/quote]

Cheers man!

If I end up buying one, it will be in around 4 months, and I'll probably film everything from the journey to Czech Republic, the visit to the store until I finally try to smoke the thing :)

Sort of a full video review.

• 1 year later...
I just purchased the sepia caligra duality light .. it will arrive in one week ... Grand total for the pipe 2 hoses and large and small bowls ......$1425.70 shipped to ashland Oregon ... Absolutely absurd its literally one months pay for me ... Probably a stupid move ... But damnit if I can't say I'm more excited than I've ever been for a package to arrive .. I anticipate rather Aggresive lung cancer to induce in roughly 3.5 months at the rate I'm going to consume tobacco through this thing to justify such a vulgar extravagance ... I desperately wanted the mirage you know the one on the site with the flipping fish swimming in the bottom? until I found the price for the trinity to be near $4000 ?!! For the love of god really?! It had better be carved by michelangelo himself out of a single flawless 50000 carat diamond harvested from the core of Jupiter's ice moon Europa for god sake... Anyways when I get my second rate meduse i will most assuredly post a thorough review with pictures and the like ... So help me if I can't taste the residue of the fly that carted on the tobacco leaves just prior to their harvest I cannot be held accountable for the history that will inevitably ensue shortly there-after ... Wish me luck

Best regards to all , Blake