Tea Candle Funnel Mod

tingjunkie

OK my fellow funnelers. If you've seen Scalli's funnel mod, then you already know how this should work.

The point of a funnel mod is to redirect the airflow down through the shisha and the bottom of the bowl. This way all the shisha is heated evenly, rather than just the top layer. For certain types of shisha (Fumari and Starbuzz in my experience) the mod is a necessity if you want to get nice thick flavorful smoke.

Since I didn't have the tools on hand to make a copper cap like Scalli did, I improvised. All you have to do is...

1) Take the empty aluminum cup from a tea candle (make sure ALL the wax is gone- duh!)
2) Bend 3-4 small dimples in the rim with your finger. i.e. Push the rim of the cup in a little in 3-4 evenly spaced places.
3) Invert the cup, and place it over the hole of the funnel bowl. Fill the bowl with shisha around the sides of the mod.
4) Cover the bowl (with mod in it) with foil. Punch two sections of holes on opposite sides of the bowl, and use two coals at a time. Do not puch holes through the tea candle cup.

Just a note- I have the small Tangiers funnel, and the tea candle cup fits perfectly. I'm not sure how this mod will work with other size funnels. Hope this mod will work as well for others as it did for me! Enjoy.

QUOTE (RayVer @ Feb 20 2007, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
any pictures??

Perhaps later. My motherboard fried recently, so I am using my girl's computer. If you do a search for "funnel mod" or something similar, you will see pics of Scalli's and get the idea. It's absurdly simple once you know what a funnel mod is supposed to look like wink.gif

I'll work on getting some pics though.