'tis Sad, 'tis.

sicklecow

I found myself lamenting today that there will be no major presidential candidates in '08 supporting the right to same-sex marriage. Obama, Clinton, and Giuliani are all for civil unions, so I guess that's a step, but even the most liberal candidates aren't in favor of granting equal rights to a minority group of citizens in this country. 'Tis sad.

Marriage in the Western sense is a Religeous institution. The State shouldnt even be allowed to issue licence. Seperation of Churhc and State issue.

What does it matter? The only thing gays at this point are boned on are IRS status.... which should be rectified.

IF you wanna say you are married... then just say you are married.

Well, Im agnostic, so marriage isnt a huge deal to me either, I think everyone should simply be allowed to be joined by a justice of the supreme court or w/e, regardless of sexual pref.

QUOTE (maggmaster @ Feb 21 2007, 06:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Conservative here, no one should be granted extra rights based on sexual bias. Let everyone get married, as long as its two humans they should have the same rights as hetero couples. Now when you start to get into marrying animals or institutions I have a problem.

Cheers to that. Took one of those political quizzes and it turns out I'm a liberal (even though I tend to side with the Republicans on a lot of things, including the war) but it makes me so sad that gays don't get the same rights straight people have.

QUOTE (Allia22 @ Feb 21 2007, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (maggmaster @ Feb 21 2007, 06:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Conservative here, no one should be granted extra rights based on sexual bias. Let everyone get married, as long as its two humans they should have the same rights as hetero couples. Now when you start to get into marrying animals or institutions I have a problem.

Cheers to that. Took one of those political quizzes and it turns out I'm a liberal (even though I tend to side with the Republicans on a lot of things, including the war) but it makes me so sad that gays don't get the same rights straight people have.

hahhhahahaah the animal thing was funny! so G-D will you marry me LOL. but hey i say let everyone be equal and what happens behind closed doors should stay their. =-)

QUOTE (cypherkk @ Feb 21 2007, 03:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
why should it matter if its an animal or not? THey are happy right? They do the same things? Doesn't that animal have a right to be happy?

Haha, I think it's the fact that the animial doesn't have the ability to say yes or no haha. I mean I guess they could bite your genitals off but hey, some may think that's kinky Edited by Drake BBNR

QUOTE (sicklecow @ Feb 20 2007, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I found myself lamenting today that there will be no major presidential candidates in '08 supporting the right to same-sex marriage. Obama, Clinton, and Giuliani are all for civil unions, so I guess that's a step, but even the most liberal candidates aren't in favor of granting equal rights to a minority group of citizens in this country. 'Tis sad.

they might say they are against it but when they get into office will be for it, theres still hope! the dilemna they face right now is that they will turn away a large anti-gay marriage voter majority. im hoping the same applies to legaliziation smile.gif my fingers are crossed.

• 4 weeks later...
I think that everyone should have equal rights when it comes to marriage or civil unions. I think that by irs standards, tax standards, state standards that everyone should have the same rewards and disadvantages of being married.

I think any special treatment is unfair and biased and should not be allowed on either heterosexual or homosexual side.

As for people getting married to animals and instiutions they should be hospitalized and undergo several psychiatric testings to evaluate their mental state(yikes) (I'm semi playing and semi serious!) As for marriage... it's not a proper union as an animal can not express it's intentions in a way a human can. They can't say no or yes, and beastiality is a crime and against the law in a lot of areas.

YUCK..... Edited by kornkitten42