Generic Chinese (All Non Name Brands)

cafesaden

So the other day I visited a tobacco/hookah shop that I had never been too. It was reccommended by yashman, called the Mediterranean Market.

Knowing myself, I really shouldn't have gone. Every tobacco you could think of, besides tangiers. Tons of MYAS bohemian and classic hand made hookahs. I only had 100 bucks to spend so I settled on this 18-20 inch hookah. It looked solid, good thick glass, that was handpainted with flowers and leaves on it. Screw on stem with a huge o-ring inside the stem for an extra good seal. A great purge valve design. And EVERYTHING came apart with o-rings on every connection. The guy said that they just came in today and hes never smoked them. So I said what the heck. I bought it for 70 bucks and a tin of starbuzz for 20. I had 10 bucks left to take my girl out to in n out. rolleyes.gif

I get it home and notice a sticker on the tray written in CHINESE. i was like oh great, this is going to smoke like ass. Boy was I wrong. Best smoke I have ever had. Nothing is restricting, perfect smoooooooth flowing hits. Sturdy tray, stainless steel inside an out. LONG downstem requiring only like 2 inches of water in the base.

Style: Kind of like a small-medium egyptian but with mya features. Like a screw on stem.

Stem/Tray: Probably the best part of this hookah is the stem. Its extra wide, allowing big hits. And it is very long, I only need to put 1-2 inches of water in it. This is great for juice mixes because I don't have to go broke off of filling up my base. The stem is very nice looking with designs on it. beneath the tray is a stainless steel disc that helps balance out the tray. The tray is then sturdied down with the piece where the grommet goes on for the bowl. it screws on to the stem with an o ring. good feature but wish the piece was longer because like the qt, the grommets can melt if the coals get too close to it.

Vase: I think it might be a little lopsided but maybe its my desk haha. very sturdy and solid. Dark green with a ring of gold with flowers and leaves handpainted on it.

Accessories: this hookah came with a bowl, which was stupidly designed because the bowl doesnt even fit on the grommet they give you. but all my other egyptian bowls and phunnels fit on it. came with a mya washable hose, tongs, and a case.

Overall: 9.7/10 Only wish the piece that the grommet goes on was longer. Hits like a champ. Quality comparable to mya. Hits better then my mya.

Now for the pictures. Sorry they are shitty, camcorder doesn't take good pics.

Handpainted vase.

Cool tray, but the grommet is too close to the tray.. Only downside of this hookah.

The downstem is very long, hey look! its the forum.

See here, everything comes apart.

in action... as promised.

my cousin can take bigger hits then me sad.gif

[regarding the vase cracking...]
no it wasn't the glass or the quality, like i stated it is built like a mya. there was a hairline crack in the glass before i bought it, the crack was right underneath the threads. a little too much pressure and it just busted open. i wouldn't change the review, it is still an amazing hookah

• 1 month later...
I recently just bought my first hookah. And its the same exact one as this. Ive done hookah with friends and such but this is a nice one. I bought it at smoke shop for 65 $ and it came with a case. The only difference is i have a clear base but same flower design and the bowl i got was different and actual fit pretty nice.

Im very proud of my hookah smile.gif

• 4 months later...
I don't actually own this, but my friend does and I regularly smoke with him with that pipe. Same color and everything.

Cost him $40 at a local smoke shop, stem is a good sturdy stainless steel and the downstem is freaking long requires an inch and a half of water at most. The bowl smokes well, but its a little crappy. Seals are good and the purge valve works as advertised. One gripe about this pipe is that the glass is a little thin. All in all, its a GREAT deal and smoke. Awesome.

• 4 months later...
[b] 37" Tripple Moon[/b]

Got this pipe delivered to me today, and i gotta say, i was pretty impressed.The pipe cost me about a 100$ The smoked chrome finish was great all round.Base is very stable, and made of pretty thick glass.Everything unscrews and every part has seals.The grommets seem to be great, lets see how they hold out.
First smoke: I used the fake funnel bowl made out of foil, and i have to say everything went great.It was a little slow to start with, but wen it got going i got a solid hour out of it with two quicklite coals and thick smoke.The only fuss i have with it is that the draw is kinda hard, but thats to be expected of a 37 incher i guess.
The hoses are washable and that fits me well.
It also has self sealing valves, wich work great and seem to be easily maintained.
I very much enjoy the look of this pipe.I like how it is simple and doesent look like a jewish christmas tree. Fits my home well.
Overall i would give it 9/10 because of the tougher draw but id say its a good buy.

Sorry about the picture, il try to get better ones tomorrow.
[img]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d125/tankin/piip001.jpg[/img]

*edited to put in a better format*

[b] 8" Small Hookah Pipe From Smoking-hookah[/b]

BUILD:
I just got this a few days ago, and when i got it it had a chip in the base, however i overlooked that because it was so cheap, that and the website wont do anything about it. It seperates into three pieces, the glass base which looks great the bowl/stem are all in one and the tube that goes into the base to smoke out of. The only gripe i have is that its kinda unrefined, the tube that comes out makes it look "like a crackpipe" so say my friends but i think it looks pretty sweet and is double threaded instead of having a mouthpiece (i plan on making something for it)

SMOKE:
Smokes very well, nice thick smoke however sometimes a bit too harsh, although the small hole that the smoking tube goes into has a small gap in it that can be used as a purge. Otherwise it smokes very smooth producing thick smoke even with low grade shisha (so far smoked al-sultan and nahkla out of it)

Overall:
due to the unrefinedness ill take some points off, however it fits in my pocket and i can take it anywhere, overall ill give it a 7.5/10 good value but dont expect it to be the best thing ever.

• 1 month later...
I recently bought a 27" L.E.D. Aquarium hookah and I love it. It has little plastic fish with bubbles and the L.E.D.s light up the water. The regular price was $110, but I got it on sale for $80. I didn't want to spend that much money, but I guess it was worth it because whenever I have friends over, it gets a pretty big reaction. I've noticed that chicks seem to like it more than guys do, but so far, everyone agrees that it's an excellent addition to my collection. Of course, it's not my favorite hookah, but I always bring it out when there's a party just to see what kind of reaction it gets.

If you want to see what it looks like <MOD EDIT REMOVED URL>
(You may need to scroll down the page to see it)

• 2 months later...
Just realize that I own one of these and did not see a review on them and wrote this in another thread but figured I would place it here to help others. Pritty hard to tell from the real ones especially in the store. I dont really have many tips for telling this one from the MYA besides buy from a ligit place and take a second look if your at a local middle east sort of place.
First some pics (I own the top one and that is exactly what the review is on)

-Base looks great when you get it and has a good fit and rubber oring to seal very well and it does. After just a few uses the bowl started to flake off green paint, turns out the outside of the bowl is painted with a light coat of green paint on the outside. It does not affect the function of it but if you use your hookah even once a week the paint will be almost all gone withing 4-6 months. Function I give it an A, Form I give it a D.
-Stem, unscrews in to two peaces and mine has been great. Both the gold and aluminum part of the stem have not flakes or rusted at all, though its not perfect, and everything (the hose and release valve included) fit together perfectly. Everything has orings and seals well. Function A, Form
-The hose is so so, has not caused any problems yet (crossed my fingers). the ends both have metal on each end and fit well. Function A, Form A
-Ash tray is just like any other A A
Mine did not come with a bowl!!! :-( so I cant comment, *(but any standard female bowl should fit with the right rubber grommet)
Overall it smokes just like any other cheap hookah, seems to hold up functionally but the look of it will fade quick.

I give it an A for function and a
+C for looks

Ive heard of people getting it for 25-30, i think if you can get it that cheap then you got a great deal. I would go for clear because your paint is gonna flake away after a while, either that or dishwash it some to get the stuff off so you dont have little green flakes wherever the hookah goes. Also the MYA hose adapters sold at some websites to make it a two hose instead of a 1 hose fit perfectly for me. have fun

• 3 weeks later...
i got mine from a local smoke shop and it smoked great until the threads got completly stripped on the downstem

looks: 7/10 the base didnt quite have uniform color in the glass but it wasnt easily noticed

function: 8.5/10 it smoked like a champ but i did have a few problems with the hose easily becoming dislodged and leaking

durability: 8/10 i had it for about a year before i traded it to my cousin for a syrian and he still uses it on occasion

overall it is a great buy i got mine 4 years ago for $15 at a local shop i would recommend it as a great first budget hookah Edited by Canon

• 1 year later...
This is for reviews for the [color="#1C2837"][font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][size="2"]Crystal Blue hookah from thehookahcentral.com only. Any non-review comments or questions will be edited out by the moderators. If you would like to discuss this hookah, please make a thread in the general discussion area. Please use an appropriate format. Pictures are recommended, but not required.[/size][/font][/color]
[font="Helvetica, arial, sans-serif"] [/font]

Hookah: Crystal Blue
Height: 14''
Colors Available: Blue, Burgundy, Green (last two have different names...obviously)
Bought from: Freebie from thehookahcentral.com

Pros:
Very portable, it breaks down into 6 (vase, bottom of stem, main stem, top of stem-to hold grommet, bowl, and hose) pieces and fits into its carrying case
Great smoke, I get huge thick clouds from it
Can use any bowl you want with it
KM fits in the hose port fine, you have to push a bit if using a grommet, paper towel works like a charm as well
All parts screw together, including the stem into the base creating a great seal
comes with a long hose

Cons:
Small ashtray, just big enough to ash into

Thoughts:
This is a great hookah to say the least. In all honesty this will get more use than my KM until I get a place of my own since I always need to store my hookah in small spaces and take it with me to smoke. It has a hose port big enough for another hose such as a KM or narbish which gives great pull. I get clouds comparable to my KM with this little guy and my KM hose which is awesome. The hookah has a very sleek look with two crystals on the stem, the crystals have basically no air bubbles in them (between my two I have 1 tiny bubble). Pic will come later when I get some free time. If you have any questions feel free to PM me