Midwest Meetup

24 members have voted

1. 1. What date should we have this thing?

• End of May
    • Beginning of June
    • End of June
    • Beginning of July
    • End of July
    • Beginning of August
    • End of August

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can also host this at my place in Schaumburg. I have done many meets at my place last summer, one of the best ones we did was an AMG meet, all the friends and customers brought thier Mercedes AMG rides. Plus every thurs. nights is DJ night so we host it that night. Beside its a little bigger then Dhuwans.

Dates... I haven't been hearing anything against July, only things against having it before July. So it's a good possibility. Besides, gives me time to come up with funds to rent a car to get my happy ass down there.

QUOTE (Allia22 @ Feb 12 2007, 05:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dates... I haven't been hearing anything against July, only things against having it before July. So it's a good possibility. Besides, gives me time to come up with funds to rent a car to get my happy ass down there.

You've got to be 24 or 25 to rent a car, I think.

QUOTE (ghostofdavid @ Feb 12 2007, 09:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought it was 21 but under a certain age (maybe 24 or 25) you are required to get insurance.

Anyway July would probably be a good time for me.

QUOTE (enfer singe @ Feb 12 2007, 10:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought it was 21 but under a certain age (maybe 24 or 25) you are required to get insurance.

!@#$&(*!^$ angry.gif

Woah, wait, if we have it after June 20th, I'll BE 21! We'll see what happens... Edited by Allia22

QUOTE (Allia22 @ Feb 12 2007, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

!@#{:content:}amp;(*!^$ angry.gif

Woah, wait, if we have it after June 20th, I'll BE 21! We'll see what happens...

i'm pretty sure MOST car rental places, the age restriction is usually 25, some places allow 21-24 year olds to rent, but you end up getting raped with extra charges that aren't neccessary, which it then can end up costing alot just to rent a car...

QUOTE (Oni_Dragon @ Feb 12 2007, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Allia22 @ Feb 12 2007, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

!@#{:content:}amp;(*!^$ angry.gif

Woah, wait, if we have it after June 20th, I'll BE 21! We'll see what happens...

i'm pretty sure MOST car rental places, the age restriction is usually 25, some places allow 21-24 year olds to rent, but you end up getting raped with extra charges that aren't neccessary, which it then can end up costing alot just to rent a car...

correct, as a 24 year old who just rented a car for a work trip, i can tell you they will charge an extra insurance fee that makes the price almost half again higher than what it is for people 25 and over.

Ive never been to Chicago, so Im looking forward to this. While im out that way, I want to check out Fermilab. If any Physics nerds out there would like to extend the trip for a bit to see a big assed particle accelerator, we should do that as well.

Anyway... what is the interest in having a jam session out there? If nobody wants to do that, then the Schaumburg place sounds better, but if there are musicians out there, the Dhuwans place sounds pretty rad.

Wonder if it's possible I could get my parents to do the renting for me... I have to rent if I'm going anywhere, because they won't let me use their car. (aka the only reliable car in our fleet of 6... We get emotionally attached to our vehicles *shrug*)

My piano isn't very mobile, but if there is one at the place we're going to then I'll bring some sheet music smile.gif

QUOTE (JesusDoesVegas @ Feb 13 2007, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ive never been to Chicago, so Im looking forward to this. While im out that way, I want to check out Fermilab. If any Physics nerds out there would like to extend the trip for a bit to see a big assed particle accelerator, we should do that as well.

Anyway... what is the interest in having a jam session out there? If nobody wants to do that, then the Schaumburg place sounds better, but if there are musicians out there, the Dhuwans place sounds pretty rad.

fermilab isn't much, or atleast what they let you see isn;t much. most of the stuff is underground, all they will let you see is the prairie and some buffalo

QUOTE (shishboarder @ Feb 13 2007, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just give me a mic and a beat, i can lay down some freestyles or even some of my music, and my dad actually lives in chicago so this is very conveinient, what are the tentative dates?

we need to make a poll to see what dates would work best

QUOTE (ASUSEAN1 @ Feb 13 2007, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (shishboarder @ Feb 13 2007, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just give me a mic and a beat, i can lay down some freestyles or even some of my music, and my dad actually lives in chicago so this is very conveinient, what are the tentative dates?

we need to make a poll to see what dates would work best

Done.

I don't really want to vote. Any time around then would be awesome for me. I just need the notice to take off work for a few days. Working at a bar and going to school online has its perks.

My preference would be for end of may though... thats just because I don't like waiting. Edited by JesusDoesVegas

Ok, preemptive list of hookah bars in the Chicago area. If you have any suggestions, please bring them up! biggrin.gif Trying to find prices and other details, but not everyone's got a website sad.gif

A La Turka - 7 PM-2 AM Fri - Sat

Ambrosia Cafe - hookah after 7 PM, allows you to mix your own bowl

Andalous Moroccan Restaurant

Arkadash Cafe

Babylon Eatery

Carthage Cafe

Guess Hookah - after 6 PM: $12 per hookah, $6 per refill, Fumari, Layalina, Al Fakher, Pharaoh's, Sinbad and Al Amir tobaccos

Kan Zaman

Nar Hookah - hookah $10, $6 refills, Layalina tobacco

Nefertiti's Cafe

Pharaohs

Plush - hookah $20, tobacco $5

Samah

Sayat Nova

Schizoclub Gallery

Sigara Hookah Cafe & Lounge

Souk

Tizi Melloul Mediterranean Restaurant & Lounge - $15/bowl

Zentra Nightclub

Dhuwan Hookah Lounge, Lisle & Morton Grove

Bellacino's Hookah Lounge, Morton Grove

Nargile, Champaign

Green Street Cafe, Champaign - All you can smoke hookah $29.99

Cafe Hookah, Champaign

Cafe Egypt, Carbondale

Huka Corner, Dekalb

Athar, Elmherst

Cafe Sahara, Lombard

Mr. Shesha's Coffeehouse, Naperville

Sphinx Cafe, Niles - seems to serve Nakhla

Fumare Hookah Lounge, Schaumburg - $13 premium tobacco, $10 reg tobacco, $7 additional head. Apple and orange heads available! XD Edited by Allia22