Midwest Meetup

24 members have voted

1. 1. What date should we have this thing?

• End of May
    • Beginning of June
    • End of June
    • Beginning of July
    • End of July
    • Beginning of August
    • End of August

I am definitely for chicago in the summer. I live on the south side and Morton Grove is about an hour away but I would be willing to make the trip if people agree on it and your friend would be willing to hook up the hookah bar for us. The trip to michigan with 5 cases of shisha does sound very tempting though....

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (enfer singe @ Feb 10 2007, 01:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (cypherkk @ Feb 10 2007, 01:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
kansas city, KS is about as central as you can get.

yea, kansas is right in the middle......the middle of nowhere.

Well, said. I agree Chicago seems to be the most central location. I'm from SoILL but I got to school in St. Louis. I would be down for a Chicago meeting.

QUOTE (enfer singe @ Feb 10 2007, 06:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am definitely for chicago in the summer. I live on the south side and Morton Grove is about an hour away but I would be willing to make the trip if people agree on it and your friend would be willing to hook up the hookah bar for us. The trip to michigan with 5 cases of shisha does sound very tempting though....

i'll talk to him in 2 weeks when i get home and let you all kno..

Yeah, Chicago and Milwaukee both sound good to me. The toll booths do suck in Chicago, though - I'd probably take a train. Anyone thinking like minded be warned, though, the past couple times I've been to Chicago on an Amtrack it's been at least an hour late with LOTS of stopping for "Signal Problems." Now if only a plane from Sfield to Chicago didn't cost as much as a plane to Georgia -.-

QUOTE (Gex @ Feb 10 2007, 08:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The toll booths do suck in Chicago, though - I'd probably take a train.

Well... people who live here don't have a problem with it... we all have automated remote toll payer things... [iPass rofl]...

BUT... you could just blow through the automated lanes... I used to do it all the time and never got a ticket, do you think they'd send an out-of-stater a ticket? smile.gif

I live in-state =) Plus, I'm from a small town, so I'm not used to driving under 55 or traffic or anything like that =P But yeah, those iPasses are great, I've used them in NJ before. Well, no, they're not great, because you're still paying, but it's definitely quicker.

QUOTE (Gex @ Feb 10 2007, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I live in-state =) Plus, I'm from a small town, so I'm not used to driving under 55 or traffic or anything like that =P But yeah, those iPasses are great, I've used them in NJ before. Well, no, they're not great, because you're still paying, but it's definitely quicker.

Didnt you know ipass users who had theirs before a certain date pay less?

Im in St Louis. There are good lounges out here, also I have a sweet living room, and I like good people.

But if Chicago is a better location, thats cool, Ive never been. We need some dates here. Also if there are any musicians, I would love to pack up my drums and have a hookah/jamfest. I could probably get my guitarist to come (he doesnt post here, but he rocks and loves hookah, so he should qualify).

QUOTE (JesusDoesVegas @ Feb 10 2007, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im in St Louis. There are good lounges out here, also I have a sweet living room, and I like good people.

But if Chicago is a better location, thats cool, Ive never been. We need some dates here. Also if there are any musicians, I would love to pack up my drums and have a hookah/jamfest. I could probably get my guitarist to come (he doesnt post here, but he rocks and loves hookah, so he should qualify).

we do it at dhuwan then there is room to jam out too

QUOTE (ASUSEAN1 @ Feb 11 2007, 03:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (JesusDoesVegas @ Feb 10 2007, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

we do it at dhuwan then there is room to jam out too

Oh man.. if this can turn into a sweet hookah filled jam session I am so down. Do we have a full band? I play drums, and I can bring my guitarist. He is from Chicago, so Im sure he would be down for a visit. If we can get a bassist, mabee some keys... perhaps some horns I would be happy.

Whats this dhuwan place? We should shoot for May or June perhaps? That way theres time to set everything up and for people to make arrangements. Edited by JesusDoesVegas

dhuwan hookah is just a friends lounge right outside of chicago in morton grove. they have another location in the west suburbs (lisle). Im sure it would be chill, but like I said let me talk to him. We can go there either way but he might be down to jus hook everyone up as long as it was like a sunday night. We'll see what happens

As far as instruments, I've got a couple years (5-6?) on trumpet, one and a half on guitar, and a wee bit of violin, keyboard, and saxophone. Unfortunately, where I'm at now all I've got is one guitar and I can rarely even practice it =( I think I'm going to work on the trumpet a ot when I get back though, and rent a violin again.

You guys should really do this after July 3rd ; ) Yeah, I know, that's a loooong ways off... =(

QUOTE (Gex @ Feb 11 2007, 08:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As far as instruments, I've got a couple years (5-6?) on trumpet, one and a half on guitar, and a wee bit of violin, keyboard, and saxophone. Unfortunately, where I'm at now all I've got is one guitar and I can rarely even practice it =( I think I'm going to work on the trumpet a ot when I get back though, and rent a violin again.

You guys should really do this after July 3rd ; ) Yeah, I know, that's a loooong ways off... =(

I can play about 3 Final Fantasy songs on the piano! laugh.gif Who's up for some "To Zanarkand"!

I've got an anime convention going on May 9-13, my b-day is on June 20th (turning 21!!! XD) and an antique car show around the first weekends of July. The only date I wouldn't blow off for this hookah meet is the convention because I'm already saving up money for that one, and I promised some Chicago-dwellers I would bring my hookah smile.gif

Well, it looks like we have a good number of people. Lets see what we can do about getting a venue for this. A lounge, and if theres enough interest a place to jam. Once we get a venue, we can start a list of people attending, and get dates and stuff. ASUSEAN and Juicebox... keep us posted

QUOTE (JesusDoesVegas @ Feb 12 2007, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, it looks like we have a good number of people. Lets see what we can do about getting a venue for this. A lounge, and if theres enough interest a place to jam. Once we get a venue, we can start a list of people attending, and get dates and stuff. ASUSEAN and Juicebox... keep us posted

So has it pretty much been decided that it will take place in Chicago.  Sorry to all the others who wont be able to make it but that does seem like the best place right now.

BTW, I know juicebox's basement is always open for a good hookah meetup wink.gif