Generic Egyptians (All Non Name Brand)

fewwdragon

This is the review of the 21" Sangria Red Genie Hookah from HookahCompany.

Style: It is an Egyptian Style hookah. One hose or two hose variations (the review is for a one hose).

Assembly: It's easy to assemble but took some time to get it to perform correctly.

Quality: It seem well made considering I have dropped it once already and everything seems okay. Although the grommets seem cheap and I may replace them in the future. The stock bowl is also too small for my taste. Mine came with a MYA hose which is great.

Appearance:
I love the way the red genie vase looks + it is hand painted which is a plus for me. The stem is okay.

Smoke: It smokes better each time I use it but the first 2 tries it failed miserably.

Final: 7/10 Looks great smokes good but has a learning curve.

QUOTE (fewwdragon @ Jan 28 2007, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is the review of the 21" Sangria Red Genie Hookah from HookahCompany.

Style: It is an Egyptian Style hookah. One hose or two hose variations (the review is for a one hose).

Assembly: It's easy to assemble but took some time to get it to perform correctly.

Quality: It seem well made considering I have dropped it once already and everything seems okay. Although the grommets seem cheap and I may replace them in the future. The stock bowl is also too small for my taste. Mine came with a MYA hose which is great.

Appearance:
I love the way the red genie vase looks + it is hand painted which is a plus for me. The stem is okay.

Smoke: It smokes better each time I use it but the first 2 tries it failed miserably.

Final: 7/10 Looks great smokes good but has a learning curve.

Mine has the same stem, just without the awesome base (Midnight Blue Egyptian pictured right next to it on hookahcompany)>.< I'll vouch for the learning curve, and the fact that the grommets suck balls. Came without hose grommets too, but I've found those aren't really needed. I've got the 2 stem version,
found the other hose doesn't really impede on the smoking experience, but gives you the option to double-fist it smile.gif Quite solid, decent quality. I'm happy with mine.

8/10

• 7 months later...
[b] 28" Sangria From Hc[/b]

I wanted a full sized backup pipe. One not too expensive to have around when friends come over as a backup to my Tri-Metal. Preferably something kinda light weight since as a backup I might be throwing it in the car when traveling. After looking at reviews of the 21" version and thinking it through I decided to order the 28" Sangria from Hookah Company. It arrived today and I'm very pleasantly surprised.

Knowing it was a moderately priced pipe and stainless steel throughout I expected the stem to be light. What I didn't expect was how clean it was. The welds are smooth and nicely done. The ash tray is nice and deep with a rise in the middle that fits perfectly around the stem where it flares out. So less space for ash to fall down into. The base is a bell, and lighter than I'd normally like, but nicely painted gold and black on the red glass. (The reason I ended up choosing it was because I somehow ended up with a black Nammor hose and being a girlie girl wanted something that matched.) It came with a Mya hose and bowl, but I'd aready ordered a black Tangiers head because I don't like Mya bowls. The gaskets are thick and not at all flimsy. The Namoor takes a bit of twisting to get it perfectly settled into place, but once there it's a flawless fit. The hose port raises so that the hose doesn't get too horizontal and drag itself out of the port. So far I'm really really impressed by this moderately priced pipe! So of course I lit her up with some Starbuzzs Mango to see how she smoked.......

Beautifully. Nice clouds, plenty of room in the base for smoke, with the stem being long enough to hit past the middle of the bell. The draw isn't too hard, or too easy - but of course that's also strongly effected by water level, etc. Is she as good as my Tri-Metal? Not quite, but very damn close. She sways very slightly on inhale since she's light, but no more than my tri-metal on a heavy hit. All and all a VERY nice pipe for the money and a great addition to my collection.

How much? With my forum discount, shipping included, under $70.00. INCLUDING the Tangiers bowl.

'Rani

• 1 month later...
[b] 22\" Egyptian[/b]

I got this a few weeks back, so I\'ve had a chance to actually use this and put it to the test. I must say I am quite impressed. The construction is solid and the vase is thick. The tray snaps on, so it doesnt rattle and all the fittings are tight; bowl and hose. The bowl it comes with is hella small, but thats ok because I also added a small funnel to my purchase.

Quality: 9/10. Everything is solid as hell, but there is an issue with the Ball bearings rusting....i think.

Durability: 10/10. I\'ve actually droped this vase, and it still withstood the fall. Granted, it was only from a foot, but still. The shaft is stainless steel and is solid. Welds are clean and all around solid.

Smoke: Smoke on these little things are incredible. Everyone makes a big fuss about open hears, 4 holes in the heart, large diameter downstems, etc etc. This hookah has 2 holes in the heart, down stem is average, and it produces enormous clouds. The smoke is always thick, and the clouds are always larger than what i can do out of the hookah bars. This all lends me to believe that smoke thickness, clouds, etc; everything smokers strive for, is all in the set up and not necessarily based on the actual hookah. However, I can imagine how have 4 holes, a larger downstem, etc, can make for an even greater experience.

Overall these 22\" Egyptians are solid as hell, and I give them a good 8/10. Very good for beginners (like me) and easy to handle. at $24.99, its definately worth it, and they are, imho, much better than qt\'s, acrylics, etc.

[b] King Tut (4 hose) Hookah - from Hookah-Shisha.com[/b]

[b]Style:[/b] Egyptian 34" four hose. No auto-seal. Stainless steel core, very elegant design. Real traditional look, reminds me of hookah bars in Sinai. I got the genie vase and that thing is giant. It's about a foot wide at the widest point. Blue base with decorations painted on and steel shaft. The shaft is not painted but has some cool designes in the metal.

[b]Stem and Tray:[/b] really long downstem. The tray fits very nicely. There is a little nook for it to sit in so it doesn't slide around or move during the session. You can put unused hoses on the clean side of the tray without worrying about it tipping. The entire assembly is sturdy. looks like it was cast in only one or two pieces. The stem is thick as hell too. the only problem is that the place to sit the bowl on is very thick so small bowls won't fit. But there is no reason to use a small bowl, H-S sent a free mod bowl instead of the cheap brown clay bowl that come with the smaller hookahs. There is no purge valve, but its a four hoser so you don't need it, to clear the base just pull one hose out and blow in on another. No autoseal means you have to plug hose ports with little black rubber stoppers.

[b]Vase:[/b] Blue genie base is awsome. Genie is a must on this rig. The base itself is bigger than my friends entire mini hookah. This glass is thick too. The mouth of the base has glass thats more than half an inch thick. You'd need a baseball bat to break this thing. Really wide too. You can't tell from the pictures but the curved areas are really big, holds tons of smoke.

Overall 9/10, would be nice if they had a better way to close the ports than 10 cent rubber stoppers. Makes such a nice hookah look cheap. But with all hoses in it is hands down the best i've ever smoked.

• 3 weeks later...
32" Dahab Egyptian Hookah

Background - Placed order from Hookah Company(hookahcoompany.com) on October 28th and recieved my order this past Friday(November 2nd). Along with this I ordered rougly 1 kilo of assorted shisha and tangiers bowl. All in all it was packed professionally and came unharmed!

Looks - Overall I was taken back by how old this hookah looks compared to the picture. Don't expect to get a shiny gold metal looking hookah from this, it is an in your face bland brass looking hookah with basic designs grinded into the stem. When they provide the "warning" on HC about the unmachined look they mean it with this hookah! As for the glass base it is very thick, and well decorated, mine doesn't look anything like the picture but I still enjoy it. As for the hose it has some sort of thin velvet or swede on it and the tip is removable just like a nammor hose, infact the only difference between this and a nammor is that nammor is just a bit wider!

Functionality - This thing smokes very very well! As with any hookah you get the plastic hose taste(I didn't wash beforehand) but thast went away after 10 minutes of my friend puffing on it. After that it was all good and our session with a med tangiers bowl and layalina went great. We had rougly 7 people using this at once along with a mya QT and everyone enjoyed it very well.

Base -
Very study, doesn't tip to easy
Stem - Brass and vert sturdy with a nice heavy duty feeling, i do hear rattling in it though along with 4 leaks!
Hose - The swede is coming off a little but but i enjoy it, could be better quality though
Bowl - The bowl is very shallow but seems to work just like any standard bowl
Gaskets - The only issue i have is the gasket that goes from the stem to the base doesn't seem to work to well, it causes the stem to wobble and be lose but it is still air tight for some reason, still bugs me though!
Tray -
A love hate relationship, first i love the tray size, it actually catches coals if they fall off, unlike other hookahs which just brush the coal before it falls to the floor or your nice carpet! The problem i had with this was that it doesn't lock down to the stem, it can easily slide around and wobble but i still like it!

All in all I enjoy this hookah very much, it has replaced my old 2 hoser and should serve me for quite some time. For the $80 i would have expected a better quality hose and a snap on tray but I can live with it!

Give it a 7/10 just for the fact the gasket sucks ass!
Edited by nicayotte

• 3 weeks later...
i picked my hookah up at a local middle eastern food-mart where i live. it's worked alright for me but i just had to order a few more hoses because the one's that i bought have begun to rust i believe. i've made a few adjustments to it; an adapter to put two hoses, a second long-handled hose, a new base. i have other hookahs but i'm not to fond of them...

• 3 weeks later...
[b] 22" Ocean Blue Egyptian[/b]

Construction: The glass is thick all around, seems very durable. It is also painted very well, a few smudges, but that is expected with a hand made product. The stem is made of stainless steel and the welds are well done for a hand made product. There was a bit of heat discoloration on the hose port, but nothing highly noticeable. The hose that came with it didnt seem like a great fit for that particular port, but I got it to work. Bowl was a standard clay bowl, nothing special, made well enough. 8/10

Ease of maintenance: Pull it apart and clean it with the accessories that came with it. Not difficult at all. No threads to deal with, no worries. 10/10

Smoke Quality: This little hookah impresses me with how well it smokes. With the correct hose it's air tight. The downstem sits barely in the lower half of the base, which allows for a lot of smoke to be chambered making for fantastic hits. The smoke is cooled well, there is no bitterness or warmth to the smoke at all. 9.5/10

Overall: 9/10 for the price of 30 bucks you cant get too much better than this. If you are just starting out, this is PERFECT. Smokes well, it's cheap, portable and durable enough.

My suggestion? Get one and see!

• 3 weeks later...
the best hookahs come from a good ol' arab store - thats where i get my shishas and argileh peices from. you'll notice the people inside are always ready to suggest a new flavor smoke for you too or help you out with any questions

i try not to buy my supplies online from big distributers , ya kno

QUOTE (LebanonPride @ Jan 1 2008, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the best hookahs come from a good ol' arab store - thats where i get my shishas and argileh peices from. you'll notice the people inside are always ready to suggest a new flavor smoke for you too or help you out with any questions

i try not to buy my supplies online from big distributers , ya kno

i agree the hole in the wall arab stores is the place to go to buy stuff...and now a days they are starting to get smarter and starting to rip people off also...so make sure you checked out a few places.

• 3 months later...
[b] 30" Badr Heavy Duty[/b]

Okay so this pipe arrived a couple weeks ago but I hadn't had time to break it out. Today I made the time. I have 7 other pipes so I wasn't in a great rush and I've never had a bad one.

Looks: It's an absolutely beautiful pipe. The vase is deep blue and silver with a silver stem that unscrews in the middle. When I opened the box at the office everyone came to look at it and remarked on it's beauty.

Weight: Usual on the vase but the stem is incredibly heavy. Probably the heavist stem I own.

Grommets: Not so hot. Looks like HC was down to the bottom of the box and the bowl grommet will need to be replaced almost immediately for maximum seal. Hose grommet was good though and the hose port itself seem like it was custom made for a Nammor hose.

Bowl: Standard Egyptian that I had high hopes for because it's slightly wider and deeper than most Eqyptian bowls I've seen.

Draw: This is where I felt let down. Because the stem unscrews in the middle for easy cleaning, the inside of the stem on the lower portion is slight smaller than the top portion. Draw isn't difficult - just not the effortless draw you get with a KM or MZ. I checked the stem carefully and there is nothing I can find going on with the inside of the pipe and I've pretty much chalked it up to being VERY spoiled by by my other pipes, 3 of which are KM and an MZ.

Tobacco used: SB Honeyberry and SB Apple Cinnamon.

Smokability: Nice clouds and flavor. But the draw is a "drawback" compared to either KM or MZ.

Overall a nice enough pipe and decent to bring out when friends come over. Also makes a nice comparson to either KM or MZ for those who want to test pipes before buying one. But the draw could be better. Overall? 8/10 There's just no way it's ever going to be my favorite pipe despite it's good looks.

• 9 months later...
So, I bought this hookah from Hookahcompany in august and saw it a couple days ago on another website (I cant remember which) and decided to make it my first review!

first, Looks
[attachment=2984:100_0915.JPG]
[attachment=2985:100_0924.JPG]
it's not too bad, i really like the copper pear in the middle and I haven't seen too many others like that

the tray is a decent size, and about 1 1/4 inches deep. the design is very meh, and isn't too pleasing.
[attachment=2986:100_0926.JPG]

the pull on this is almost as good as my nour, and the holes are about the same size. (i don't have pictures right now cause i'm smoking it smile.gif

the vase is very plain, but works with the stem

[attachment=2987:100_0925.JPG]

one of the largest dissapointments and really the only complaint i have is the overall craftsmanship. The craftsmanship is crap, and i don't say that lightly.

[attachment=2988:100_0918.JPG]
[attachment=2989:100_0919.JPG]

all of the welds are bad, and the entire bottom is one big weld spot. the hose port and exaust have slag coming out of them, and there is a gap between the hose port and the stem.

I would love to to give this a great review, because it does smoke like a champ and could be one of the next big companies/hookahs, but the overall qualtiy of the work is just not up to any standards.

6/10 overall, abd would probably have been at least an 8 or 9 if not the weld quality

• 1 year later...
[color=#5D5D5D][font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif][size=2][i]This is for reviews for the KYNMR 'Nammor' Premium Black Arabic Calligraphy only. Any non-review comments or questions will be removed or edited by the moderators. Please use any appropriate format. Pictures are recommended, but not required. [/i][/size][/font][/color]

[b]KYNMR 'Nammor' Premium Black Arabic Calligraphy[/b]

[b]Height: [/b]35.2"
[b]Stem:[/b][b] [/b]28" stainless steel
[b]Vase: [/b]11.5"
[b]Tray: [/b]7 1/2" diameter, 1" deep, stainless, clip on type.

[img]http://blue.dunnettconsultancy.net/20110107_002.jpg[/img]

[b]Price: £54.99 from theshishashop.com (reduced from £64.99)[/b]
[b]
[/b]
[b]Hose: KYNMR 'Nammor' washable hose[/b]

The pipe comes supplied with a 6' washable hose, a Nammor knock-off, seemingly exclusive to theshishashop. It's basically a good hose let down by the fact that as supplied, the mouthpiece is too small to seal into the grommet in the hose handle. Fixable, with an extra grommet. The pull on this hose is better than standard Egyptian types, but restrictive compared with the pull of the stem; it could be bettered.

[b]Bowl: matching Pyrex bowl supplied, black Arabic calligraphy design.[/b]

The bowl is attractive and matches the vase nicely, but I'm unimpressed; it leaks a lot of flavour (from Nakhla, so forget AF in this bowl) and the 7 x 3mm holes provide a restrictive pull compared with a standard clay bowl (which, in fairness, the retailer does normally supply with the pipe. I opted for an upgrade to a Vortex, which works fine).

[b]Grommets: [/b]

FAIL. Vase grommet too small causing the pipe to lean over. Plastic bowl grommet not a good fit for the glass bowl it was supplied with. Plastic hose grommet too small, didn't seal well and comes away with the hose. The pipe as supplied was leaky and unusable. It was trivial to fix, with the right parts, but this should have been done prior to sale.

[b]Cleanability: [/b]

Very good in spite of the size; comes supplied with stem and bottle cleaning brushes, and hose is washable.

[b]Pros:[/b]

Stem, tray and vase of good quality, fundamentally a nice pipe
Large, clip-on ashtray means less mess than loose types
Supplied with a washable hose, arguably not the greatest though
Supplied with adequate cleaning brushes

[b]Cons:[/b]

Let down by utterly useless grommets, not fit for purpose
Top of stem has no flange to retain bowl grommet, annoying
Supplied bowl is more ornamental than useful
Supplied hose may be washable, but still leaves room for improvement

[b]Verdict:[/b]

I find it difficult to sum up this pipe fairly; it is basically of good quality, and having sorted out the grommets, I'd rate it a 7/10 with the supplied bowl, 8/10 with the Vortex. It loses a point for the substandard hose, and another for the problems in retaining a bowl grommet (of any type) on the stem. As it stands now, I am happy with it, but I can't recommend buying it for the sake of the washable hose or the matching bowl; neither will see long term use. The package as supplied barely deserves a 3/10 and gives a poor impression of an otherwise friendly, communicative, courteous and competent seller. Between problems with the hose and problems with the grommets, if this had been my first pipe, I'd have been most disappointed. If you're able and willing to sort it out, it's not a bad buy.