The Dumbest Questions You've Heard.

angemonkwj

At my school we have a class called Tech Inter, which is basicly us students help out the tech administrator at our school fixing the computers and what not. So the tech administrator who we work with has a bunch of e-mails from stupid teachers at our school that send in some dumb complaints for us to fix and just general stupid questions.

One of the e-mails from one of our schools older science teacher asked, "This morning when I got to my room I noticed my computer was on, Im not sure how it happened but maybe you could find out?" The guys way to old and he obviously left his computer on but wanted us to investigate and find out the perpetrator.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rduffy123 @ Jan 28 2007, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
its a sign that your retarded.

I'm sorry but this cracked me up. Has anyone seen that shirt that says "Your Retarded" ... makes me laugh every time.

I work at a wonderful electronics store named "Fry's" for those who don't know, we wear uniforms, white shirt, slacks, ties. even the stock boys, which means grime...*Shudders* anyway "Do you work here?" people ask me, staring me at the face, while I have a red badge that says "Fry's electronics, my name is hamilton"

i get this question 4-6 times a day.

now, I suppose this isn't the stupidest question I've ever received, but this is perhaps the most annoying siutation I've had to deal with.

We had a sale on routers, it was a 40$ router for 20$ bucks. no limit to how many you could buy, we sold out in a day and a half. This hick lookin mother and son come in and ask "Do you have X in stock" "Nope, sold out for two days" "Are you sure" "100% I sold the last one myself. They're all gone" so 20 minutes later balding woman and son with dental problems come back to me "Is this right?" They push another model into my face and point at the price tag "Yes ma'am" the mother looks at me with a bit of spite waiting for me to change my answer then goes "No it isn't! The model number on this router is XXX, the one thats on sale!" holding the sale sign in the other hand "No, it's right, if you notice this one comes with free spyware softer, it's the special edition" "No its the right one, the model matches up!" "Well, no it isn't miss. I've worked her for a year and a half and I know the difference. For one, the price tag doesn't match. thats the first indicator it isn't the same router. The second one is the fact if you look on the bottom it shows the full model" so I proceed to take them to the manager, and have her, point out that A. we have none in stock. B. The model doesn't match. C. The UPC code (bar code) doesn't match. So finally they accept reality and I laugh at them and skip away.

My ex-girlfriend.

We had just gotten back from getting something to eat, and she pulled the change out of her pocket. There was a silver dollar in there, and she picked it up, looked at it and then looked at me, with the most serious face I've ever seen and asked "Why is this quarter so big?"

had another great phone call the other day. I answered the phone the same way I always do, "Verizon Wireless to Go, this is Kyle, how can I help you?" and it's this old lady on the phone and she says "Can I make an appointment? I have arthritis." I sat there quietly for a moment and said "are you trying to call a doctor?" "Yes I am." "Well this is a cell phone store ma'am." She then proceeded to cackle like old ladies do then hang up the phone. do people even listen to whats being said before they start talking any more?

i work at best buy. we wear uniforms, yet i get asked if i work there all the time i don't understand it! And on the phone people ask me if they can talk to someone in the electronics department...our whole store is filled with electronics! it's silly.

Not quite a question but. . .

I used to work in a college computer lab. I'm sitting at my desk one morning, working on an illuminated page when a woman walks up and starts yelling that the computer is broken.

I walk over to the computer she's sitting at and ask what the problem is. (this is the job that changed me from sweet and sunny to a surly asshole of a tech) She moves the mouse and yells, "See the computer's broken" I powered up the monitor and walked away.. .at that point there was nothing to say.

I was a customer care agent for Comcast Digital Phone and let me say that I have heard many dumb questions (so many that I forgot a lot of them) and talked to many ignorant people, which amazed me how dumb the world is. lol. Anyways, a lady had called in inquiring about her caller i.d... that only one name comes up.

She asked, "Why does my caller i.d. only show one name and number, John Doe (555)555-5555?"

Yeah, she didn't take off the example sticker from the caller i.d... Was a good laugh.

THis isn't a dumb question really... just really funny.. I answer the phone call - "THank you for calling Comcast Digital Phone, my name is Eddie. May I have the telephone number on your account please?"
Then the person calling starts punching in the number on his telephone as if he was responding to an automated system.... I had to put the phone on mute cause I was laughing so hard.. it was great. Things like that make a terrible job into greatness. Edited by DownZero

Well i used to work for Costco in the meat department and were required to wear a full body white coat, name tag, hat and hairnet and people use to always ask me if i worked there, plus i always had like blood and meat grime on my coat lol Edited by JonJonello

Ignorant questions regarding my ethnicity.

What's the capital of Africa?

Is Ethiopia in the middle east?

Are you from Timbuktu?

What village are you from?

Many more... sad.gif. Can't believe people can be this stupid.

EDIT: Was searching MN hookahs, and found this as a description for a lightup hookah: "This Hookah is almost 2 feet tall (32 in.)" Here's the link: Whoops! That's almost 3 feet!

That's horrible. I would be quite angry. I currently work at a wendys. We sell baked potatoes, as many of you might know. We get a TON of old people. My Favorite thing:

Old person: I'd like a potato.
Me: Sure, No problem. What kind would you like? We have cheese, broccoli w/cheese,bacon w/ cheese, Sour cream and chives, or a plain one.
Old person: Nah, I dont want none of those. I want a BAKED ONE.

Just, makes me laugh. I can't help it. Also, next door there is a CVS. I often go in there on break. I almost ALWAYS have a red shirt on, with my wendy's name tag on it. The CVS people have nice light blue shirts, which are button down(unlike wendy's), along with a Different CVS nametag. I often get asked where things are in the store. And, I help the person( I know alot in that store, haha). But my FAVORITE things are after we close. I close tonight, and we are open till 1am. I work 5-close. Meaning, even at 1am, the closers make sure everything is broken down for the openers (10am). We are usually out by 1:30am at the latest. Since the dining room is closed at 10pm, the drivethru is open. It's funny to listen to people come through Drivethru AFTER 1am, and expect service. My favorite group were these 2 guidos, and 2 girls in the back:

Me: ( Working, my headset makes the DING when there's a car. I ignore it).
They come around to the first window, and no one goes over. They go to the second, no one goes near. They go back around, and I answer and say, I'm sorry, But this wendy's closes at 1am. It is 1:05. We open at 10, and are open till 1.

Them: Well, we're only 5 minutes late, and want to place an order.
me: I'm sorry, but we work hard after closing. We CANNOT take orders past 1am. I'm sorry. About 10 minutes down the road, there is a whitecastle that's open 24/7. I hope that helps. Again, I'm sorry.
Them: Well, WE Want wendys.
me: I'm sorry, but we're closed. I'm going to have to ask you to leave our drivethru now. You are beginning to harass my employees and myself.
Them: What the fuck? It's only 5 minutes late! Come on Asshole, we're hungry!
Me: Sir, that language is NOT needed, and will NOT be tolerated. Please Leave, or the Authorities will be called.
Them: Yeah, Okay. You're too much of a pussy. I can SEE IT IN YOUR VOICE.
Me: Um... You can see my voice? That worries me, and you should get that checked out by a licensed physician. Have a Nice night.
Them ( Pull around to the window, and start banging on it)
Me: Calls the cops, waiting for them.

They stay there, and taunt. After BAnging on my window, and NEARLY climbing in, I retailiate. We must have thrown 10 sweet and sour sauces at them. I can't believe some people. Sorry bout jacking your thread buddy. Edited by Hookah Joe

QUOTE (Hookah Joe @ Mar 9 2007, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
EDIT: Was searching MN hookahs, and found this as a description for a lightup hookah: "This Hookah is almost 2 feet tall (32 in.)" Here's the link: Whoops! That's almost 3 feet!

That's horrible. I would be quite angry. I currently work at a wendys. We sell baked potatoes, as many of you might know. We get a TON of old people. My Favorite thing:

Me: Sure, No problem. What kind would you like? We have cheese, broccoli w/cheese,bacon w/ cheese, Sour cream and chives, or a plain one.

Just, makes me laugh. I can't help it. Also, next door there is a CVS. I often go in there on break. I almost ALWAYS have a red shirt on, with my wendy's name tag on it. The CVS people have nice light blue shirts, which are button down(unlike wendy's), along with a Different CVS nametag. I often get asked where things are in the store. And, I help the person( I know alot in that store, haha). But my FAVORITE things are after we close. I close tonight, and we are open till 1am. I work 5-close. Meaning, even at 1am, the closers make sure everything is broken down for the openers (10am). We are usually out by 1:30am at the latest. Since the dining room is closed at 10pm, the drivethru is open. It's funny to listen to people come through Drivethru AFTER 1am, and expect service. My favorite group were these 2 guidos, and 2 girls in the back:

They come around to the first window, and no one goes over. They go to the second, no one goes near. They go back around, and I answer and say, I'm sorry, But this wendy's closes at 1am. It is 1:05. We open at 10, and are open till 1.

me: I'm sorry, but we work hard after closing. We CANNOT take orders past 1am. I'm sorry. About 10 minutes down the road, there is a whitecastle that's open 24/7. I hope that helps. Again, I'm sorry.
me: I'm sorry, but we're closed. I'm going to have to ask you to leave our drivethru now. You are beginning to harass my employees and myself.
Me: Sir, that language is NOT needed, and will NOT be tolerated. Please Leave, or the Authorities will be called.
Me: Um... You can see my voice? That worries me, and you should get that checked out by a licensed physician. Have a Nice night.

They stay there, and taunt. After BAnging on my window, and NEARLY climbing in, I retailiate. We must have thrown 10 sweet and sour sauces at them. I can't believe some people. Sorry bout jacking your thread buddy.

huh.gif ......... laugh.gif ! That's hilarious.

QUOTE (Hookah Joe @ Mar 9 2007, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They stay there, and taunt. After BAnging on my window, and NEARLY climbing in, I retailiate. We must have thrown 10 sweet and sour sauces at them. I can't believe some people. Sorry bout jacking your thread buddy.

You are my hero! Edited by jerjer72