The Dumbest Questions You've Heard.

angemonkwj

So I'm sitting here at work and the phone rings. Now I work for a cell phone store, and have heard some doozies before, but this one takes the case. I answer the phone, "Verizon Wireless to go, can I help you". Keep in mind that I have already told this lady by my phone greeting that she has called a cell phone store. The first question out of her mouth was "Do you have phones at your store?".....I didnt know what to say. So it got me thinking, what's the dumbest questions you've heard or been asked?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Hangin10 @ Jan 28 2007, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Allia22 @ Jan 28 2007, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"There's your sign."

I've never understood why someone gets a sign after asking a dumb question.

I believe rduffy is incorrect. "Here's your sign" is a comedy skit by Bill Engvall. Bill says that people who are dumb should wear a sign to let everyone else know they are dumb.

The dumbest question I have ever heard was in a movie. Boodock Saints. There is a scene where Rocko accidently fires a gun and kills a cat... what is left of the cat is a red spot on the wall. Rocko then asks "Is it dead?" it is the funniest scence of the movie. If you haven't seen the movie I would highly recommend it.

The dumbest question ever asked of me (that i can remember) is one time I had a cigar in my mouth and a friend asked "You smoke?"

uhh lets see here. Guy I used to hang out with all the time.

we are at joes crab shack mind you. basically everything is seafood on the menu.

Waiter: What can I get you guys
Buddy: Umm. Do you guys have any seafood?

I lost it and so did my other friends. Nobody was drunk or high. Just shows how stupid he is. We were surprised the waiter didn't walk away.

At the golf course/store were I used to work. Got a call asking if we sold golf clubs.

QUOTE (djbomberto @ Jan 29 2007, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (ghostofdavid @ Jan 29 2007, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dumbest thing I've ever heard:

"Is that thing loaded?"

hahaha WTF......another thing i heard was "I know for a fact that their is no virus's" "Im using AOL protection and there the best". Mean while i do a test and found 80+ virus.

lol, one of my friends use to work as a computer tech. best story from him was a man complaining about his computer running to slow. after searching for viruses, checking file storage, and all that jazz he finally notices that there is something in the recycle bin.... he had 3000+ files in the trash tongue.gif the guy was usuing his recycle bin as file storage tongue.gif

Going along the lines of the OPs stupidest question...

My parents own a small chain of jewelry retail stores. Basically we have thousands upon thousands of beads. Our walls are LINED with bottles of seed beads. I mean basically thats what we do... People come in with an idea for a bracelet, necklace, earings etc etc and they can actually make them in our store etc.

Well I work their part time to help them out, and someone calls our store asking for directions on how to get there. After I tell her where we're located, she then asks "So, you guys got some beads there?"

"Yes mam, we've got a few"

Theres your sign...

*Edit* I forgot to mention. Our store is called "The Bead Shoppe" ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED?!?

i work in a 1 screen movie theatre as projectionist. in the front is a small area where tickets and concession are sold, theres a short hallway, and then smack in front of you are two double doors to the theatre. immediately to your left are the men's and women's room, and then the employee's only room, which is actually the projection booth. I have been standing in the back greeting people on their way in, as I stand next to the double doors. At least twice a month some one will ask me where the theatre is.

also, we offer free coffee, and next to the coffee is a sign that says "please help yourself to a complementary cup of coffee. red handle is regular, green is decaf"
once a month i'll get these questions "how much is a cup of coffee?"
or "are you SURE the red is regular?" (wtf?)

and finally, to top it off, when i come out front when the movie is started, generally a few times a week we will have latecomers about 20-40 minutes late, because they think we have a deluge of previews when we only have 1, 3 minute preview. they will walk in, before we sell their ticket we will say "the movie has been running XX minutes" which follows with their reply of "have I missed much?"

I work in a liquor store which used to be a car tire store. Lady walks completly inside the store and comes up to me and asks if this is the liquor store. I stand still for a moment and simply laugh and say yes. Another incident .. man walks into the store comes up to my manager and says where do you sell your car batteries .. but keep in mind we have liquor all over.

not what someone said but more what someone did,

I used to work at a car wash back in the day, and some lady tried going though the opposite end and everyone was yelling at her to go back and she had no clue what was going on/

QUOTE (not.plugged.in @ Feb 7 2007, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i used to work at a $ store and every day i had people coming up to me asking, "is this a dollar?"

i've had the same experience.

but probably the best question i ever heard was when i worked at a coffee bar last year, some guy walked in and asked, "do you have any coffee?"