Newb And Sticky Section

Molson

ok so i may be new to hookah but im most definitly not new to forums. the first thing i ever do when i get interested in something is reaserch it to death and i must say i am very happy to be a part of this forum. it has not only answered many questions but also gave me more information then i could have ever thought of. the people here seam to be extremly friendly and our tight community with the vendors poping in all the time is great!!! BUT there is allways room for improvment, on many other forums there is usually a sticky or newb section. in this section there is tons and tons od information or links to the info (to avoid the search button that no newb uses to start with). often the titles are "Read Before posting" as more unique information comes up the sticky groes and groes with more links. now the links are not just anyones post they are to the ones that really made the info available and leave no question un answered. Example there would be a sticky section on coal management...i dont have a hookah yet but i still dont know to break up my quicklights into 2s or 3s or 4s where to place them how to move them. to you guys it makes perfect sence...to me im as lost as a fish out of water. there would be a sticky in the how to forum with links to all the big how to's (diffusers, making a bowl from a apple, home made hookah etc...). now i know thats a lot of work and its not something i am going to do, not because i dont want to but siumply because i dont have the information or resources that some other people out there have. (and by resources i mean the large amount of hookah's erica has hehe). so if anyone or multiple people are up for the challange i think it would be great for the comunity and would get rid of a lot of answered questions without using the search button.

sample links would include
-what to look for in a hookah
-does size matter
-coals whats the difference
-coal management
-hookah terminology
-shisha (one brand from another)
-THE ultimate hookah setup for a newb
...get the point?

now remember with these words dont mean much to new people. BUT pictures are where its at!!! a picture is worth a thousand words

just a suggestion. but seriously the forum is great and i have no complaints except for the fact that i hear all about this cheap shisha you guys get and in canada it cost a arm and a leg. but other then that good job mods

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (angemonkwj @ Feb 19 2007, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i kinda agree, but at the same time is it that hard to use the search button?

its not about using the search button. its about making indormation easilly available to all without the search...i use the search constantly but sometimes its so damn hard to find the answer to my question and nothing is ever clear. plus its a way of making the forum more friendly and inviting to new hookah smokers

People don't wanna read topic after topic to find an answer, I'm a newb to this and have been searching and waiting for a topic that comes up with some info for newbies. I Totally agree Molson!