Brushes

johnchain

I don't feel like buying a special hookah brush online (too much trouble with shipping and all) so is there any brushes out there possibly at Ace or something that can be made using stuff around the house?

Somebody decided to use "other substances" in my hookah without permission and it has never left a smell stronger in my hookah. I decided that it would be a good time to clean it out. I gots no brush thin and long enough for the stem (about a foot longish).

Any ideas? thanks!!

Check lowes or home depot for a refridgerator *spelled that wrong, sorry* brush... if that's too big... do like I did and check the dollar stores biggrin.gif Get some of that formula 420 or one of those "alternative substance" removers from a tobacco or head shop... that stuff is supposed to work great for cleaning

If you have a gun cleaning kit lying around, one of your bore brushes will work on your hookah. You could also pull a cloth patch soaked in cleaning solution through the stem. Attach a split shot fishing weight to the end of a length of nylon twine. Tie the patch to the other end. Drop the splitshot end into the stem. When it comes out the other side, pull the patch though the stem. Repeat. Rinse. Look at the shiny new metal inside! I have found dilute ammonia works great with a bit of dish soap to make the stem bore really sparkle. Ammonia is used to remove copper fouling from gun barrels when shooting full metal jacket rounds. A little bit works great! tongue.gif

You could also straighten out a wire coat hanger, make a hook with one end and use that to pull the patch through your stem.

• 2 weeks later...
I used to work at a hookah bar and my boss (from syria) bought me a a brush he called a *hasha* sp? Anyway ive used it every week for a year and it still isnt even frayed like the brushes you get from all the sites do. I think this thing is really indestructible. We used it to clean 45 hookah stems in one night and it was fine. Don't know where to find them but if you can then its the only brush youll ever need.