Stargate

neumann915

This a hookah which I ordered from SocialSmokeHookah, its a winner, no doubt. This is my first personal hookah, but I've smoked a wide range of Hookah's at various friend's houses and cafe's, and this is definitely a quality investment.

The bowl it came with (clay, standard fare) has been perfectly adequate. It came with a metal case to carry it around, definitely serves its purpose well. All the fittings of the stem and base are brass, the base is stainless steel with a plexiglass top to view the base liquid.

I've smoked a few kinds of stabuzz out of it (which has contributed to the enjoyable experience no doubt), using an aluminum smoke screen and Japanese Charcoal, and its been smooth as ever. Cleaning this thing isn't a chore in the least. Strong, sound design keeps me from worrying about how fragile it might be, its definitely heavy duty. I strongly recommend this hookah among any of those that I've smoked. The only thing its lacks is being able to find replacement parts and the ease of adding an ice chamber to the top of it, but one can obviously just put ice in the bottom.

A great smoke, A+.

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (neumann915 @ Jan 21 2007, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This a hookah which I ordered from SocialSmokeHookah, its a winner, no doubt. This is my first personal hookah, but I've smoked a wide range of Hookah's at various friend's houses and cafe's, and this is definitely a quality investment.

The bowl it came with (clay, standard fare) has been perfectly adequate. It came with a metal case to carry it around, definitely serves its purpose well. All the fittings of the stem and base are brass, the base is stainless steel with a plexiglass top to view the base liquid.

I've smoked a few kinds of stabuzz out of it (which has contributed to the enjoyable experience no doubt), using an aluminum smoke screen and Japanese Charcoal, and its been smooth as ever. Cleaning this thing isn't a chore in the least. Strong, sound design keeps me from worrying about how fragile it might be, its definitely heavy duty. I strongly recommend this hookah among any of those that I've smoked. The only thing its lacks is being able to find replacement parts and the ease of adding an ice chamber to the top of it, but one can obviously just put ice in the bottom.

A great smoke, A+.

I just ordered this same Hookah from Taqseem. Got a very good deal on it. Same exact hookah as my friend bought for less than half the price. Very pleased with it. The only thing I didn't like when I got it was there was two stamps on it saying "Taqseem.com" on the ash catcher and on the base itself...which to me cheapens it, but it will be easily removed so no harm no foul. I feel it would have been better to put a business card in the box or the hookah case it came with than stamp your website on it. Once I smoke out of it I will have to write a review about it.

Well I smoked the new stargate a few times...I have to say its not my favorite hookah. For one Its slants like the tower of pisa. It has air leaks so I had to electrical tape it up. Doesnt seem to smoke very well. Maybe its just mine? My friend has what is called the stratus, same as the stargate and he doesnt like his either. Have had my other hookahs work fabulously. So I'm thinking im going to save this as my backup and go pick up what looks like a 40 incher from a local ethnic food market and the best part its only $70. Has the looks but doent have the touch...(well minus that whole leaning part)

7/26 update...I put rubber gasket around the acrylic and now it smokes very well.The stem came aprt in 3 pieces but now It will only come apart in two. Worth the Price... Edited by sdmopar

• 3 weeks later...
i have a black 30' stargate, and it's amazing. My main smoke. I had some issues with it leaning, but realized that the rubber ring was causing it to become cockeyed and then lean, so i took it out and it has no problems with leaking or airloss.

Great hookah and great price. Got it for a christmas present from my fiance, who bought it off ebay from tasqeem. smile.gif (sp)

AWESOME hookah.

• 1 month later...
I just purchased one of these off of ebay from Taqseem, and it smokes amazingly. For $100 bucks you really cannot go wrong with it. The only thing i have added is a simple diffuser mod to make the smoke a bit smoother, but mostly to keep the water level a bit lower and keep water from getting the hose. If your looking for a hookah that'll hit like a bomb for a pretty good price, look into it.

-PC

• 4 months later...
QUOTE (Parker @ Apr 23 2007, 02:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I also bought the 30" chrome stargate. Super heavy duty. Best Hookah I've ever seen / smoked / owned / love. Here's a trick. Since the base, just above the hose connection is angled up, I purchased a 4.5" diameter acrylic pipe. Go to this website to order.
http://www.aquaticeco.com/index.cfm/fuseac...detail/iid/8609

Order 2 feet of it. Cut it to 16 inches in length. Before putting the coal/ash tray on, put this pipe over the long stem, and fill it will ice all around! I just ordered the pipe yesterday, so it should be here next week. Be sure to put the entire hookah in a large cooking pot, steam pots work awesome, so that the melting ice doesn't make a mess on your carpet. This will definitely provide the absolute coldest smoke possible !!!!!!!!!

Boobsyd

• 2 weeks later...
I got a smaller one of these over a year ago. 20-something inch, 2 hose. Overall the quality is Great. The metal they used is really good and the finish is great. Compared to all the hookahs my friends have gotten its been much more durable and hits a lot better too.

The only problem with this is the acrillic on the base. The acrillic actually screws onto the metal, and after about 7 months the acrillic stripped. I contacted taqseem about it and they send me a new one for about $10 shipping. That one stripped as well in about 6 months. Now I just use electrical tape to make the seal. Seems like a real easy fix on the manufacturing end but no real way to do a home made fix. Still, considering most of the other hookahs Ive seen It was definatly worth it, and I kinda would like to buy a whole new one or mayby one of the other hookahs they sell. If anybody has a good contact at taqseem who can give out a good deal let me know.

Oh yes, and one other important note about this hookah, another flaw associated with its acrilic base is yoy cannot put ice in it. Mayby it was dumb, but One of the first times I put some ice cubes in. When you smoke the air bubbles force the ice ip and it makes these verticle cracks on the inside of the acrilic. They dont go all the way through, its just an asthetic thing, but I hate to see anyone else ruine there base. Edited by Stealth

• 3 months later...
30" Stargate Hookah loaded with Layalina Mango and heated with Exotica coals, upgraded with the Nammor 2.0 hose.

I recieved the hookah is good shape, bubble wrapped and in a provided hardcase. After a good cleanup and proper airtight check (everything was straight), I packed some Layalina Mango, a shisha staple for my buddies and I, to test it out.

This is one of the best smokes I have ever had. The draw is effortless and had no problems what so ever with anything. This hookah is nothing but a dream to me and I plan to use it has my main smoke. Because the stem breaks down into two pieces, you are able to make it a shorter hookah.

I would recommend this hookah to anyone.

Update:

After a few months of heavy use, the acrylic threads did strip. Duct tape is holding the base to the stem right now. This is, however, the only drawback. The new glass base Stargates should remedy this problem.

• 1 year later...
ok so i have one of these. personally i found the smoke never to be as huge as some other hookahs ive smoked like the mya. but this is so cool looking and manly,,,yes ive said it looks like a gun or something (unlike the other old fashion hookahs that have flowers on it) . i named mine magnum. after the condom. lol ive had mine for 2 years, smoked it about 100-200 times. sometimes everyday, other times once a month.

its heavy to lug around to parties. but it isnt glass so nothing will break which is nice. but the bottom does get ugly and cloudy over time. also its hard to clean out the smell from the bottom and the pipe gets mold in it. but a hookah cleaner brush or draino will clean it out fast. all in all the pipe still works and tastes good after a few years. the silver is coming off, and the joints are getting bad. but i found for a 2 year lifespan hookah its pretty awesome!