Microsoft Ruined My Case After Repair! ...

mgs0lid

Ok my xbox broke jan 2nd and I sent it in for "REPAIR", now I am one of those weird disc freaks who would practically wash their hands before touching a disc or not even put used games in my console. see Im really a freak about my console because I do not want it to get damaged. Well I got in back in the mail today like this! the top is all torn apart and the face plate is cracked and it looks like it was droped as well. Also the just put a silver disc tray on what was once a core unit; the top is a flat grey and does not match the pretty hdd. I called them about it and said they would have to go threw the whole repair process again but I really think they should give me a new unit, this is completely unacceptable and who the hell inspected this before it went out again! god im angry at ms!

Ask for the replacement politely, but mention that you will (or *might*) report their "breach of warranty" to the BBB. I have no idea if a company like Microsoft gives a (insert fecal word here) about such reports, but you could always try it; it's rather unpleasant for companies cited by the bureau.

ya lol I already filed one against them for problems pertaining to d/l content on the original xbox and I should have against cc... my xbox broke and they would not replace or refund my downloaded maps on rainbow 6 black arrow. It was ten bucks so I got angry and filed a BBB complaint. I told them I could only recive calls after 8 pm and they called every day for 5 days at 4pm, I called them back when I got off of work and said they could not transfer me to the aproperiate person, they can dodge you very well.

man that sucks. I had some "fun" back when mine broke, but the one i got back ive had and its been working perfectly since then. Plus i still got another 7 months or so on my best buy warranty, and my xbox will just kinda "break" come right before then tongue.gif

I gotta say MS support does suck though, instead of running through what happened to me, ill just link to the story, and in the end i got a free game and working xbox biggrin.gif

http://forums.xbox.com/957668/ShowPost.aspx