My First Homemade Hookah

newhookaher

This is my first attempt at a homemade hookah. I used aluminum tubing inside a brass sleeve (the brass is for strength and rigidity, but may be harful so the smoke does not pass through it). JB Weld on the joints, and a cork from a Knob Creek bottle for the bowl to attach to. Vinyl tubing for the hose from ACE. The aluminum main tube can slide in and out of the brass tube for cleaning and experimenting with different water levels and bottles. I couldnt find anything acceptable for the bowl, so I had to buy it from the store. It is really easy to clean and smokes like a champ, so I am pretty happy.

So far it has been great, a dozen or so people agree that it smokes just as well or better than most hookahs, and the novelty factor is pretty good too. The next one I build will have stainless steel tubing instead of aluminum, and higher quality vinyl hose that is more flexible (you have to be careful with it, not very flexible stuff and it will tip if you dont watch it)

• 1 month later...
Thats quite freakin genious with the cork cap as the bowl grommet... good work mate! thats ABSOLUTEly wonderful now just get a nice sheathing to cover all that nasty metal to make a nice arguile neck

(Proper word usage? maybe maybe not... i care not)