Dfw Hookahstockii (party)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill try my hardest to be there this time. My van is still sitting outside with no radiator in it XD and justin's cell number no longer works, and he never gave me a new number to reach him at, for all i know hes dead, so im more or less screwed in terms of rides. Ill try though, i just cant guarantee ill make it XD

QUOTE (Abide @ Mar 28 2007, 01:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aww dang, stuffed jalapeños?!! Unfortunately I wont be able to make this one. Spring break is in a week and ill need to keep my mileage down for the trip to my rents, haven't been to their house since last July. Its like 900 miles away, but at least i get for go for more than a day and i get to take my gf to Disney since shes never been. Maybe hookahstockIII. You know ill be crashing Casbah cafe in Jacksonville while I'm down there though.

Till next time!

You have a good time with your gf in Fl bro smile.gif Plans for HookahstockIII will not be far away. We will get past the summer and then do it all over again smile.gif

QUOTE (EvansLight @ Mar 28 2007, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ill try my hardest to be there this time. My van is still sitting outside with no radiator in it XD and justin's cell number no longer works, and he never gave me a new number to reach him at, for all i know hes dead, so im more or less screwed in terms of rides. Ill try though, i just cant guarantee ill make it XD

Dude, just find you a suga-momma to cart you around smile.gif So you have to put out a little? Take it like a man!!! smile.gif

timmediahOU- you need to get away from Oklahoma brutha wink.gif

Wow.. long day.... gettin back in to ETEX at 10:00pm.

Big thanks to MR and Mrs Scalli (and friends) for puttin up with me for a few hours. Yall are some the the most hospitable hosts Ive enjoyed being entertained buy! Burgers and stuffed peppers were great! (I gotta get that pepper recipe, man.)

Thanks to Ali and Jeff at Social Smoke for fixin up some great smokin! (they got some really cool stuff in the works folks!)

Well..... wanted put in a brief word of thanks to those involved before I hit the rack tonight.

"Good Times"

I gotta remember a designated driver next time...... cuz yall party like I do.

There was only Lake and I as far as forum folk. My buddy and his girlfriend, and Ali and Jeff. It started with Lake and I smoking and I setup my electric guitar for him and we smoked some Guava. Then my buddy Charlie came over and I setup my electric acoustic for him and had a jam session while smoking.... and drinking ohmy.gif
So we were having a great time.
I looked out the Window and saw a wicked looking blue vette pull up... extreme jealousy sunk in. sad.gif But it was Ali and Jeff so while it did make my RX8 look like roadkill at least it belonged to a good guy smile.gif

So they came in and we hung around upstairs drinking, well Ali and Jeff drink cokes wink.gif but I was trying to drink their share just in case it would cause some drastic affect on the universe or something. You can never be too careful on that ya know.
Ali had downplayed the hookahs he was bringing so I was not expecting anything to write home to mumsie about but we went downstairs to eat and they broke out the new hookahs and well I will let you guys decide from the videos.
Personally, Lake, Charlie, myself, and even the womenfolk thought they were badass.
Charlie and I bought one each.

Let me get some video editted and posted so you guys can check it out. Thanks to those that were able to make it. Lake is a blast and just listening to him jam was a party in itself. The party changed gears throughout so it stayed fun and interesting. I think Charlie, Luann, myself and Ms. Scalli ended up leaving Petra Cafe' around midnight.
BTW the guys at Petra were extremely nice and did not mind letting SS setup their own hookahs and smoke. They had been looking forward to the event and meeting Social Smoke reps.
It would not be a place just anybody could bring their own hookah and all of course but considering the event they were gracious enough to do that. Charlie brought a cheesecake from the CHeesecake Factory that was super bad-ass and they even cut and served it.
We drank their steamed apple cider which was excellent. At the end of the night I went in and gave Amir a tip for letting us bring our own hookahs because that was above and beyond cool and he did not want to take it. But since I am kinda loud when I have been drinking he succumbed to my demands to shut me up ohmy.gif

He told me they are looking forward to going to Social Smoke in a couple of days or the tour Ali promised. So hopefully even though the numbers were low as far as turnout, the retail customer they picked up made it worth it to them. Ali, Jeff, Lake, and my longtime buddy and his gal are all the perfect guests. Just like with HookahstockI I think those that did make it had a great time.
The plans for III will be easy. October-November.
Lemme work the vids.

Hey Guys,
Jeff and I would like to thank all those at Hookahstockii and particullarly Scalli for his generosity and hard work. There were a few new faces there, all cool people and seeing Lake again is always a treat. Next time around, Social Smoke is willing to bring out some door prizes, maybe a new hookah or two, some tobacco, etc to hopefully help the event get a bigger turnout.

Thanks again to all and keep us posted on future plans, let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Best Regards,
Ali Nadimi

QUOTE (ghostofdavid @ Apr 2 2007, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Those SocialSmoke Hookahs are pretty sharp looking. You guys should write a quickie informal review of your experiences with them.

Well this is the one I got. Here is the main pic and this is a link to some closer ones. It is totally sweet!!! It's cut glass with an acrylic stem cover, the hose manifold is a nice geodesic design. I has a nice case. The washable hose is burgandy to match the vase and stem. the bowls are very slick as well.
We only smoke out of it and the other acryic stem (see second video) and they both smoked excellent. The tongs as you can tell in the vid are just ingenius.
I made a little hanger like I have on my other tongs because I like hanging them off the trays.

(ALL PICS link) http://scalliwag.com/hookah/hookahstockII/newmodern.html

Edited by Scalliwag

QUOTE (Social Smoke @ Apr 2 2007, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Guys,
Jeff and I would like to thank all those at Hookahstockii and particullarly Scalli for his generosity and hard work. There were a few new faces there, all cool people and seeing Lake again is always a treat. Next time around, Social Smoke is willing to bring out some door prizes, maybe a new hookah or two, some tobacco, etc to hopefully help the event get a bigger turnout.

Thanks again to all and keep us posted on future plans, let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Best Regards,
Ali Nadimi

Thanks bro! We always have a great time and you always have some really cool new stuff. I LOVE the brushes too BTW. I noticed that the bristles on the stem brushes are coarse and get the funk out quick and the vase brush is a milder bristle so they are easier on the vases. I can see where that would be especially good for acrylic vases.

We will definately take you up on the offer for the next perty. Some of these guys need a little more motivation I guess wink.gif

Scalliwag, I wanted to tell you what a great time we had at Hookahstockii. The guys from social smoke are very cool, glad we got to meet them. Food was super. The video is funny, What a blast. Thanks for the invite bro.

Charlie Edited by o2much4me

QUOTE (Social Smoke @ Apr 2 2007, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Guys,

Best Regards,
Ali Nadimi

Love your cool Tongs & Hanger Scalli ! blink.gif Edited by o2much4me