Dfw Hookahstockii (party)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a feeling i should order some more tangiers tobacco, and get my brass hookah working again... ah the smoke sessions we pulled off of it. which of these two hookahs should i bring, my mya qt or my egyptian three hose? oh pieces you shouldnt of said anything about the money cause i completly forgot about it, but thanks for reminding me about it. i shall be expecting it.

QUOTE (Erica @ Jan 23 2007, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yea but you guys have Little itty bitty states... So it's not that bad?? haha

Texas and Cali*even though we aregoing to Tuson AZ*.. are huge!!

I dunno what Im talkign about *walks away*

Yeah our state is freakin small, soo easy to drive from one side to another tongue.gif

QUOTE (hmpitags2006 @ Jan 27 2007, 04:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Erica @ Jan 23 2007, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yea but you guys have Little itty bitty states... So it's not that bad?? haha

Texas and Cali*even though we aregoing to Tuson AZ*.. are huge!!

I dunno what Im talkign about *walks away*

Yeah our state is freakin small, soo easy to drive from one side to another tongue.gif

Haha!!! I think there are still some ranches here bigger than the biggest cities in some states smile.gif There are not many left though sad.gif

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (Nicholae @ Feb 17 2007, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so any new details worked out? thought i would see since there hasnt been a post in here for awhile.

I don't know if the DFW group ever got anything set in stone, but I'm still all for trying to get together somewhere.

There are several places in and around Dallas, many of them far better than Velvet Hookah. Maybe we can settle on one and get a party together?

Here is what I added to the first post. It is still open on the nighttime event so see what you can find out for us Dare.

Date: March 24th
Time: High Noon
Where: Day Party- Scalli's House
Night Party- to be determinied

my parents went to velvet hookah and they said it wasn't really that great. first off its 21 and up, so i couldn't even get in if i tried... then they said the service was shabby... plus the hookah they sold my uncle was outrageously priced and horrible... my little brass one that i bought from jasmines hit better than it. i say heat again, if we can get the discount again. it had a great atmosphere and the service was excellent. jasmines would be nice also, but... like i said earlier there techniques are not the best. other than those i don't know of anything else.

ill always remember the bowl of strawberry kiwi that i ordered... that was a dream...

Oh, I forgot but about 5 blocks from me a hookah cafe' is about to open. It is called Cafe Petra. I am still waiting to meet the owners and see what the place is like. There were plumbers doing work in there last week and I got to go in and look around. The place is pretty small. But I think big enough.
So that is another option. I will get pics as soon as it opens if it looks like it would fly.

QUOTE (Scalliwag @ Feb 17 2007, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here is what I added to the first post. It is still open on the nighttime event so see what you can find out for us Dare.

Date: March 24th
Time: High Noon
Where: Day Party- Scalli's House
Night Party- to be determinied

Ack! That date conflicts with something already on my calendar. I wouldn't be able to make any event that evening.

Any chance of moving it a weekend in either direction?

idk... its up to scally.... id like the 31st cause then i know i would have money. (debt issues smile.gif ) personally i would like somewhere with excellent hummus and not a long drive to get to. does anyone know anything about Narah cafe and Eiselys?

• 4 weeks later...
Update guys. The place a few blocks from the house opened. First the bad news, they don't want BYOB and they don't serve. sad.gif All the rest is pretty good though. I was in the place the day it opened talking to the owners and a friend of my middle daughter came walking in and I told him Hi and asked him what he was doing there and he said these are my uncles. That was pretty neat. He is a good kid and always extremely polite.

My batteries died before I got pics of the big gazebo they have outside. They have a pretty long list of of coffee related drinks as well as steamed apple cider. That shit is GOOD. I told them about the party and about Social Smoke and how they need to use them to get their supplies. They were using natural coals and I brought up a roll of 33mm Three Kings. They had given up on quicklites because all they tried we crap ones that tasted funky.

We fired one up and in a minute or less it was going and Amir took a hit and to his shock he really liked it. Showed them a phunnel bowl and they were impressed. I think their hookahs look freakin sweet and got some pics.
Here are some pics of the place. I will try and get more. We may have a bowl or two there and go to Heat or some place for beer. It is less than two weeks guys. Let's get a gameplan.

Edited by Scalliwag

QUOTE (Nicholae @ Feb 19 2007, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
idk... its up to scally.... id like the 31st cause then i know i would have money. (debt issues smile.gif ) personally i would like somewhere with excellent hummus and not a long drive to get to. does anyone know anything about Narah cafe and Eiselys?

No idea about Narah, but I went to Eisley's for the first time about two weeks ago. Realized I knew the guy that was working there. Pretty decent place. Starbuzz pipes are cheap, only $13, but unfortunately they use those mod bowls with the metal screen and windcover attached, which about halves the smoke time :/

That looks like sculpey on the bases, I like that effect. If I knew my base wouldn't shatter if I threw it in the oven with some of that stuff to cure, then I'd probably do that! ohmy.gif

Ali at Social Smoke confirmed that they will be there. They told me not to make too big a fuss over it but they are bringing out some new hookahs that they do not have on their website yet.
So I am not sure what to expect, but hey we will be the first to check them out smile.gif They are bringing more flavors of tobacco so we will get to play "guess the flavor" again. That was quite fun last time. But Shiner kept guessing wrong sad.gif

I am getting excited. A long time friend of mine that just joined the forum actually is coming out so his gal and Ms. Scalli will get to talk smack about me and him and Shiner sad.gif A few co-workers and possibly a couple more friends. So there will be 6 to 8 not counting forum folks. Plus 3 from SS, Lakemonster +1, Evans, a couple of the guys from Petra Cafe', a couple of maybes, and waiting for replies from some of you guys.

Food- for those that like hamburgers I think you will like the ones I make with bleu cheese crumbles. I will have other cheeses for the "bleu cheese haters" wink.gif
hotwings are on the menu again. Stuffed jalapenos for the brave smile.gif And I think I will make a brisket. BYOB. I will have soft drinks.

Guest Abide
Aww dang, stuffed jalapeños?!! Unfortunately I wont be able to make this one. Spring break is in a week and ill need to keep my mileage down for the trip to my rents, haven't been to their house since last July. Its like 900 miles away, but at least i get for go for more than a day and i get to take my gf to Disney since shes never been. Maybe hookahstockIII. You know ill be crashing Casbah cafe in Jacksonville while I'm down there though.

Till next time!